akarunway

Did a little reseach on firearms in Nevada

Only in Clark Co. You have two weeks to REGISTER your firearms and get a permit. Open carry is allowed but more trouble than it's worth. CCW. Easy. To permit you must take the firearm(s) to a copshop and they take the serial # and make you do a profiency shooting test (which you must pass) then they do a ballistics test. They keep the lead and microfilm the brass. What the fuck. Take me a couple mins to change all that. So. Most of Nevada is cool. Clark Co. ain't.
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

Only in Clark Co. You have two weeks to REGISTER your firearms and get a permit. Open carry is allowed but more trouble than it's worth. CCW. Easy. To permit you must take the firearm(s) to a copshop and they take the serial # and make you do a profiency shooting test (which you must pass) then they do a ballistics test. They keep the lead and microfilm the brass. What the fuck. Take me a couple mins to change all that. So. Most of Nevada is cool. Clark Co. ain't.

Why would you wish "to change all that" if you're not planning to do something illegal?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Why would you wish "to change all that" if you're not planning to do something illegal?

Whoosh. Not the point. Why bother making me jump thru hoops to register a firearm when I can void all that in a NYS. The criminals sure ain't going to regiser theirs.
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

Because crime labs are often corrupt or do incompetent work, and they might someday match your gun to a crime that you didn't commit.

I once had a handgun confiscated in Alabama during a traffic stop. I got it back in a week, but the ammo was missing, and they said it had been test fired for their ballistic imaging system. When I got home, I traded the gun in for another one, just so they wouldn't be able to come back to me in the future about that gun.

I consider that just plain prudent, to protect yourself from the incompetence of others with the power to imprison you.

And if you think that's crazy, do some research on crime lab scandals from around the country, or even from the FBI. Or look up the current "Olafson" case, where the BATF is putting someone in jail for illegal possession of a "machine gun" just because a semi-auto rifle accidentally fired multiple times.

How would you feel about the government requiring vioceprint/handwriting records be obtained and maintained for all citizens just in case they decide to abuse their First Amendment rights at some future date?

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

How would you feel about the government requiring vioceprint/handwriting records be obtained and maintained for all citizens just in case they decide to abuse their First Amendment rights at some future date?

Dude - I've asked that type of question plenty of times and never gotten an answer - I think they go into vapor lock or something.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Damn! And you guys think we're repressed with our gun registry.

Dude - I've asked that type of question plenty of times and never gotten an answer - I think they go into vapor lock or something.

That's because there is no answer that makes any kind of rational sense, so they just clam up. I could get into a longwinded rant about many people's "qualified" defense of the constitution and how it is a "living document", but that's not what this thread is about. Or is it....?