jkm2500

WTF is wrong with today's youth?

Probably not enough information in that story to say anything with any great confidence, but I'd imagine there was probably at least as much wrong with the family as a whole as with 'the youth'; your average family argument doesn't end with 3 murders and an attempted 4th.

But, but, but, this is Speakers' Corner, I could just as easily take that article and rail against Christianity ... after all, the family friend quoted in the article said "they were good Christian people."

Therefore, of course, I can make the argument that this is how Christians solve their problems. Clearly then, the title of the thread should be "WTF is wrong with today's Christians?":S

At least, I think that's how the discourse is s'posed to go in here. Let me know if I'm supposed to actually, like, make cogent arguments or something.

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/03/02/texas.deaths/index.html

This is just about as ridiculous as it gets. It looks like you cant place limits on your children or they will kill you...

Ban guns, knives, matches, sex, religion. Problem solved.;)
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/03/02/texas.deaths/index.html

This is just about as ridiculous as it gets. It looks like you cant place limits on your children or they will kill you...

Ban guns, knives, matches, sex, religion. Problem solved.;)

You forgot drugs. Drugs *could* be involved in things like this...and this IS speakers corner
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

Yes yes, but the real question is was it Clinton's fault in the first place?

If it's his fault, it's only because the RePUBicans made such an issue of a blow job.
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

Clearly. I was trying to figure out a way to blame Bush since it took place in Texas and as we know, Bush once was Governor of that great state. But the daughter (the errant youth in question) is 16, which means she was likely born in 1992... also the year that Clinton was first elected.

Coincidence? I think not.:|
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Clearly. I was trying to figure out a way to blame Bush since it took place in Texas and as we know, Bush once was Governor of that great state. But the daughter (the errant youth in question) is 16, which means she was likely born in 1992... also the year that Clinton was first elected.

Coincidence? I think not.:|

What are you doing in SC anyway???? :P

Umm....want a dog?

:)
linz
--

Can happen in the best families!

I wonder if this happens in other countries as America? We only hear about the school shooting, and serial killers in USA regulary. Not so often from other countries! Maybe you should ask what is so wrong with America, since there is so much killings and hate going on.

Today's?

Been going on a long time.
Lissie Borden took an axe
Gave her mother forty whacks.
When her father saw what she had done
She gave her father forty one.

Didn't Zeus kill his dad (well, Cronus had a nasty habit of eating his children.) Way back when...

My wife is hotter than your wife.

>Been going on a long time.

And the silicon chip inside her head
gets switched to overload
And nobody’s gonna go to school today
she’s gonna make them stay at home
And daddy doesn’t understand it
he always said she was good as gold
And he can see no reasons
cause there are no reasons
What reason do you need to be sure?

Tell me why
I don’t like Mondays
Tell me why
I don’t like Mondays
Tell me why
I don’t like Mondays
I wanna shoot the whole day down

(about Brenda Ann Spencer, who killed two and wounded eight in a schoolyard sniper attack in 1979.)