Botellines

Four U.S. Soldiers Rape and Kill a 14 Years Old Girl

Its a response thread to JR's thread on the Pet market suicide bombing. I think the point is that
A) Both sides commit atrocities.
B) The poll options are not even worth responding to.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Discuss...

You do know this is about a two years old?
Is there a reason for re-surfacing this?

Yep, although recently there was a movie made by Brian de Palma about the whole issue.
It just shows that there is evil scum in both sides. Besides, two years down the road will not make strapping retarded people with bombs to inmolate any better than it is today.

You are right, the poll options are just a copy of John Rich´s. However so far more people has voted that the rapist are courageous american heroes than evil scum.
That doesn´t put in a very good place the real heroes that there may be.

Edited to add the word "gun" and "England" so John Rich will notice the thread...

Its a response thread to JR's thread on the Pet market suicide bombing. I think the point is that
A) Both sides commit atrocities.

OK.. we'll go with that. But, let's keep in mind that two of the shitheads were later executed at a checkpoint (and not a tear was wept) and the third is/was on trial and prolly won't ever see the light of day.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

It just shows that there is evil scum in both sides.

Yes it does.

However, that's where the similarity ends. Otherwise, you are comparing vastly different events. One is endorsed and sanctioned by the populous from which it originates, the other is condemned by the populous from which it originates. I'll leave it to you to figure out which is which.

Overall, your poll is a really lousy way to counter John Rich's poll -- doesn't even qualify for a "nice try".

. . =(_8^(1)

One is endorsed and sanctioned by the populous from which it originates,

The Suunis have turned on Al Q in Iraq for exactly this kind of reason, or hadn't you heard.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

The Suunis have turned on Al Q in Iraq for exactly this kind of reason, or hadn't you heard.

US Soldiers who rape and murder have zero support from any quarter.

However had the victims been american civilians that soldier would be condemned to death penalty or a life sentence without parole, no less. I very much doubt this will be the case. Without the apropiate penalty for the misdeeds you may not be actively encouraging it, but you are not doing much to deter it. Pretty equal in my book.

However had the victims been american civilians that soldier would be condemned to death penalty or a life sentence without parole, no less. I very much doubt this will be the case.

Uh

I thought the enlightened Europeans thought that the death penalty as used in this country was barbaric.

However had the victims been american civilians that soldier would be condemned to death penalty or a life sentence without parole, no less. I very much doubt this will be the case.

Uh

I thought the enlightened Europeans thought that the death penalty as used in this country was barbaric.

Ja just like all Americans eat Big Macs and weigh 500lbs.:S (I know you love those:P)
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

only when convenient

Roy

No kind of value judgment was made in Botellines' post - just a statement of expectation.

Do you deny that in, say, Texas, a premeditated rape-murderer would likely be sentenced to death?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

It is. However, if you are going to aply it you should do it regardless of the nationality of the victims.
Or is the 14 years old iraqui girl any less innocent or any less worthy than the american counterpart?

Uh

It's not about what Botellines or the Europeans might think about death penalty in your country - he simply showed the complete incident vice versa for American victims. I'm quite sure you know that, right? :P

Christel

dudeist skydiver # 3105

Rape is not a death penalty offence in this country....and most times... MOST.....justice for the victim is far less important ... than for the rapists "rights".. MOST rapes go unreported.

I dont think the death penalty should apply for rapists... its a power trip for most of them.. I think they need their power removed and should be raped HARD and OFTEN in pound them in the ass prison where they are sequestered away with like minded individuals for LIFE>:(>:(>:(

I would make it mandatory for sexual predators of ANY persuasion.... to go to segregated prisons so they do not offend over and over with others who are not violent and so inclined.

Separate prisons for murderers..Murder = life... period.. no parole

Separate prisons for sexual predators and rapists.They are the ones who give life sentences to their victims.. I only feel it right that they be put away for life. No parole....ever...... you have proven.....you cant live with other.. normal human beings without hurting them.

he [Botellines] simply showed the complete incident vice versa for of American victims. I'm quite sure you know that, right? :P

I’m not sure I would concur.

A more apt parallel -- altho’ still less than completely analogous to Friday’s suicide bombings in Baghdad -- is Timothy McVeigh’s bombing of the Oklahoma City Federal building. Friday’s bombing was executed by Iraqi citizens against other Iraqi citizens, similar as McVeigh, an American citizen, targeted other American citizens. Someone else can elaborate what the result of McVeigh's trial under civil law was ...

Another more apt parallel would be the 1999 late summer bombing in Moscow of apartments and shopping mall by Chechen separatists. That may even be an even more apt comparison than McVeigh considering that female suicide bombers, ‘black widows,’ have been a characteristic of that intra-state violence.

VR/Marg

Act as if everything you do matters, while laughing at yourself for thinking anything you do matters.
Tibetan Buddhist saying