quade

Fred Thompson is out

I'm glad that this country knew better than to elect another actor President. One fuckup was enough.

He was a US Senator before he was an actor, IIRC.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I'm glad that this country knew better than to elect another actor President. One fuckup was enough.

Yes, and Ronny Raygun held the seat that Ahnold sits in now... Your point? [/smartass:P]
Illinois needs a CCW Law. NOW.

Yes, and Ronny Raygun held the seat that Ahnold sits in now... Your point? [/smartass:P]

Undergrad degree in Political Science. Degree in law. Passed the bar. Served as council in the Watergate hearings. Spent years practicing law. Served about ten years in the Senate. Oh, and did a little acting on the side over the last 20 years, then after leaving the Senate in 2003, began acting regularly.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

But did he inhale? :o

No idea. He was admitted to the bar in 1967, so he may have been to busy to enjoy the '60's.[:/]

I wasn't enthusiastic about his campaign, but on paper his qualifications look more impressive than someone like Obama.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

No idea. He was admitted to the bar in 1967, so he may have been to busy to enjoy the '60's.[:/]

If he's anything like my law school classmates, he had PLENTY of time to inhale.
Illinois needs a CCW Law. NOW.

I wasn't enthusiastic about his campaign, but on paper his qualifications look more impressive than someone like Obama.

Yeah, if he was oh maybe 15 years younger and a bit more enthusiastic about running a presidential campaign, I would have liked to see what he could offer.

I was saying he was a politician first, actor second. Reagan and Arnold were the exact opposites. I probably won't vote for another actor, or ex-wrestler (see ex Minnesota governor)... :P
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Reagan achieved his foreign policy goals, unlike the last 3 guys. (or the two prior to him)

I don't think Arnold would have been a bad one either, but the question matters not, since there is no chance that rule will be removed in time for him.

The point is that the 'actor Prez' comment is bullshit. ALL politicians are actors, anyway.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706