Andy_Copland

Death Penalty Reviewed

>>>>>>>>>>>>Okay, this is the speakers corner, so I'll speak my mind. Each year, hundreds of people are suffering, dying in need of an organ transplant. While I agree it is wrong to capitalize off the execution of another human being, if we make the method such that no internal organs are destroyed then we can give the condemned an option to do one last bit of good before their time is up.

Awesome point. That establishes what a Nazi-garbage POS this country is; we're willing to execute w/o regard for silly things like absolute guilt, yet we have no system in place for organ donations from the condemned. Truth is, if we did then thse condemned would become martyrs, heros, etc. However, when sloppy drunk Mantle needs an organ, no problem, 15 mins later he's at the top of the list. When Mourning needs a kidney, move to teh front, sir. The elite get what they want and they have the trailer garbage buying into it.

I understand that McVey wanted to donate his organs. If true, he did so to show what a POS the country was, as he knew they wouldn't go for it. He's was a real piece of trash, but he was right. Funny how when he says, "collateral damage" it's worse than when the US military says it.

>>>>>>>>>>Perhaps China is onto something when the just put one bullet in the back of the head....

Perhaps most of Europe is onto something when they abolished the DP for fear of error.

You have heard that it was said, "An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth". But I say to you, do not resist an evildoer. If anyone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also. (Jesus of Nazareth, according to Matthew 5:38–39)

Luke 22:36

Sometimes, all a criminal understands is strength.

But enough about cops and Republicans.....

Time to teach that pony a new trick, Jeanne... it's getting old(er).

MMMKKK

So tell me.. how many gay men have been beaten and sodomized by good little republicans....

And we all know about those studies of who the republicans are and why they act that way.. to cover up their own dirty sinfull guilty desires of hot man on man monkey sex....

Fixed it for ya B|

You have heard that it was said, "An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth". But I say to you, do not resist an evildoer. If anyone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also. (Jesus of Nazareth, according to Matthew 5:38–39)

And where's most of the crime happening? Oh yeah...where the Dems live... imagine that.

Got that "I don't have a gun - please don't hurt me" sign up on your lawn, yet?
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

John 8:7

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Exodus 22:2
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

And their race had what, exactly, to do with their guilt?

Nothing is the answer.

Really? You're saying that in the 1940s race had absolutely no effect on justice? That is unbelievably naive!

Private Lee Davis, a black GI, was convicted in a one-day court martial, despite inconsistencies in the evidence, of murdering one woman, and raping another. He was hanged at Shepton Mallet on December 14 1943.

Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Again...READ. I never wrote those words.

Race and guilt are independent of one another. If they were guilty and hanged - great. If they were given an unfair sentence or trial due to their race and/or the bigotry of the jury/judge, I'd have a problem with that. Statistics as stated mean nothing in and of themselves.

:S

Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

Then I can't for the life of me see why you made your original post.

The stats Amazon quoted from the article show a highly disproportionate amount of coloured soldiers convicted of capitol crimes and hanged.

Unless there was no institutional racism whatsoever in the US military justice system in the 1940s then it is likely that their race had a lot to do with their being found guilty.

What exactly was your problem with this being pointed out?

No good! NT trumps OT.:P

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

No good! NT trumps OT.:P

Deuteronomy 25:11

THAT trumps ALL.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

Then I can't for the life of me see why you made your original post.

The stats Amazon quoted from the article show a highly disproportionate amount of coloured soldiers convicted of capitol crimes and hanged.

Unless there was no institutional racism whatsoever in the US military justice system in the 1940s then it is likely that their race had a lot to do with their being found guilty.

What exactly was your problem with this being pointed out?

I think his intention was to question whether there were more blacks executed because there were more blacks that committed the crime or whether there were more blacks executed because of institutional racism. I am not sure he was trying to say that there was no racism.

Here in Toronto for example, Blacks were complaining that they were arrested more than white people (and provided statistics to back their argument) and the Chief of Police responded by releasing statistics they had been keeping which inferred that blacks were in fact committing more crimes than whites (by the way the black community threw a fit about that and now the cops are forbidden to keep statistics based on race) but the point was that they were arrested more because they broke the law more.

So the argument can be that more of one group being represented in criminal sentencing is not in itself proof of bias. Otherwise our sexual assault laws can be seen as discriminatory because men are charged with it at a disproportionate rate to women.
My biggest handicap is that sometimes the hole in the front of my head operates a tad bit faster than the grey matter contained within.

I think his intention was to question whether there were more blacks executed because there were more blacks that committed the crime or whether there were more blacks executed because of institutional racism. I am not sure he was trying to say that there was no racism.

"Nothing is the answer." So what was that doing in the post? It's not a question, it's a statement.

Given the way it's worded and given the post it's a reply to I can't see how it means anything other than Anvil thinking that race had no impact on sentancing in the US military in the 1940s. That would be very naive.

If Anvil meant anything else by his post then he didn't state it very well at all.

And where's most of the crime happening? Oh yeah...where the Dems live... imagine that.

All the crime? 100%? Brilliant. Show where most of the crime is occurring in blue states.

Apparently you're drawing an argument for deterrence, which is ridiculous from the start. People bent on killing don't care about consequence, don't ya think?

Where dd a gun argument come in here? More brilliance.

And their race had what, exactly, to do with their guilt?

Nothing is the answer.

Who was that white woman who was postumously exonerated after a quick trial by an all white jury, judge, def lawyer, then quickly executed for allegedly killing a white man.

Fuhrman V Georgia 1972 - moratorium on the DP due to racial inequalities, but I'm sure you have no issue with that.

"Nothing is the answer." So what was that doing in the post? It's not a question, it's a statement.

Given the way it's worded and given the post it's a reply to I can't see how it means anything other than Anvil thinking that race had no impact on sentancing in the US military in the 1940s. That would be very naive.

If Anvil meant anything else by his post then he didn't state it very well at all.

I suspect it is possible that he merely used very poor wording as you have described. Either way yes obvioulsy race would have been a huge factor at the time and a black man with an all white jury at that time well........I wouldn't want to be him.
My biggest handicap is that sometimes the hole in the front of my head operates a tad bit faster than the grey matter contained within.

All the crime? 100%? Brilliant.

Funny...I didn't say "all the crime" nor 100%, now did I?

BTW, no need to call me 'brilliant'... I'm merely smart.

Show where most of the crime is occurring in blue states.

In the cities, of course... you know, those strongly BLUE areas when you look at voting maps broken down by counties.

Apparently you're drawing an argument for deterrence, which is ridiculous from the start. People bent on killing don't care about consequence, don't ya think?

Where dd a gun argument come in here? More brilliance.

Drawing an argument for deterrence? No... just pointing out idiocy where I find it, such as your remark.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

It's an accurate statement that should need no expounding. The article quoted stated nothing. Its intent - which apparently worked - was to make people believe race and not guilt were the reason for the execution of criminals by use of statistics, which mean nothing in and of themselves.

If someone wishes to convince me of that, then they can show me the evidence specific to the case and prove it on the merits of the case itself - not with statistics on race. If such merits existed, then the author would have presented them and made his/her point. They didn't.

Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

It's an accurate statement that should need no expounding. The article quoted stated nothing. Its intent - which apparently worked - was to make people believe race and not guilt were the reason for the execution of criminals by use of statistics, which mean nothing in and of themselves.

If someone wishes to convince me of that, then they can show me the evidence specific to the case and prove it on the merits of the case itself - not with statistics on race. If such merits existed, then the author would have presented them and made his/her point. They didn't.

It was a promotional hook for a TV show investigating the cases.

If you can't look at those stats, combine them with any historical knowledge you may have of the time period, and decide that, just maybe, there could be something worth investigating before you write it off as 'nothing to do with race' then, um, wow.

(And in all likelyhood it wasn't an accurate statement - unless you think that there was absolutely no institutional racism in the US military justice system in the 1940s)