BillyVance

Is this a new world record for the largest monetary amount sought in a lawsuit?

I don't think I've heard of $3 quadrillion either.... :S:S:S

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22571349/?GT1=10755

Interesting quote here: "A stack of one quadrillion pennies would reach Saturn"

Wow... umm.... wow...
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

"It's important to the person who filed it, so we're taking every single claim seriously," Corps spokeswoman Amanda Jones said.

Hmm. I have a hard time taking a $3peta claim seriously.

On and on she goes....

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Yeah Right. Look at what the plantifs are saying....

"There's no way on earth you can figure it out," he said. "The trauma these people have undergone is unlike anything that has occurred in the history of our country."

Please don't think that I'm not giving the victims of Katrina no credit - but I think that this statement is a GROSS exaggeration. Suing the government for that amount is either a publicity stunt or an act of sheer insanity. How can they even compare the suffering to that Suffered by the Native Americans on their trail of Tears, or the damage done the the nation as a whole after Pearl Harbor.
=========Shaun ==========

Yeah Right. Look at what the plantifs are saying....

"There's no way on earth you can figure it out," he said. "The trauma these people have undergone is unlike anything that has occurred in the history of our country."

Please don't think that I'm not giving the victims of Katrina no credit - but I think that this statement is a GROSS exaggeration. Suing the government for that amount is either a publicity stunt or an act of sheer insanity. How can they even compare the suffering to that Suffered by the Native Americans on their trail of Tears, or the damage done the the nation as a whole after Pearl Harbor.

When people have been told all their life that Nanny.gov will take care of them, this is what you get when things go wrong...

"They OWE me!!!" :SB|>:(
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

I say we offer to pay him/her immediately following his/her receipt of 3 quadrillion bitchslaps. Since obviously the plaintiff will want to get these over with as quickly as possible, we should commit to one per second until they have all been delivered or 3 quadrillion seconds have passed, whichever comes first.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

I say we offer to pay him/her immediately following his/her receipt of 3 quadrillion bitchslaps. Since obviously the plaintiff will want to get these over with as quickly as possible, we should commit to one per second until they have all been delivered or 3 quadrillion seconds have passed, whichever comes first.

Blues,
Dave

That comes out to more than 95 million years. :D:D:D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Blues,
Dave

That comes out to more than 95 million years. :D:D:D

Really? :| And your point is...? ;)

Look at the bright side, if we invest one cent today drawing a measly 2 percent interest, by the end of the term we'll have enough to pay off this guy and two similar cases with better than a quadrillion dollars left over! I think I can spare the penny. :D

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

You owe me! even if I stole the sink out of my "temporary" home in Louisiana that I have lived in for more than 2 years now. Oh, and I can spend those fema cards on plasma tv's if I want too! and while we are at it lets trash the superdome!
"If you don't like your job, you don't strike! You just go in every day, and do it really half assed. That's the American way."
- Homer Simpson

Did anybody put a gun to these people's heads and force them to buy homes below sea-level?:S

You just don't UNDERSTAND. Nanny.gov didn't TELL them not to buy those homes and Nanny.gov didn't make sure that nothing bad ever happened to them.

Nanny.gov OWES them, dammit!!
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

I realize that your comment was facetious, but it put an awful thought into my mind where people deny responsibility because nobody put a gun to their head and told them what to do. :|

It *was* facetious...but not by much, unfortunately. [:/]
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

I once threatened to sue my daddy for 100 billion-gazillion dollars because he grounded me for three days.
Of course, I was only 5 years old at the time.
:P

Not so far out of reason - when my youngest was 8, she came home and said that the teacher told her to call the police if we ever spanked her.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

I don't think I've heard of $3 quadrillion either.... :S:S:S

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22571349/?GT1=10755

Interesting quote here: "A stack of one quadrillion pennies would reach Saturn"

Wow... umm.... wow...

I just can't shake the image of Mike "Dr. Evil" Myers picking his teeth with his pinky finger while saying:

"...We get the warhead and we hold the world ransom for... ONE QUADRILLION DOLLARS!":D
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I hate to say this, but this would probably start falling under the "Pussification of America" thread.

Yes, being an American Citizen entitles you to "Shit happens in life" Insurance for the value of 1,000,000,000 time the actual damage caused.
=========Shaun ==========