Richards

Lawyer-Max security pennitentiary is death sentence

It’s prison there is always somebody wanting to kill someone else for being white, black, you name it.
If we go down this road then everyone can claim they are afraid for their life. You should know that prison is not a nice place before you commit a crime. Oh yea you could also get ass raped.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

So you believe in torture but not execution ... very civilized.

Its called PUNISHMENT..... they have proven their inability to live with other human beings.... put them in solitary confinement.... that is far less barbaric than what you ... Mr Civilized.... are supporting:S:S:S:S

Death by Bunga Bunga.

In my sheltered existence (or lack of exposure to pop culture), I had no idea what that meant.

“Googling” the phrase didn't provide much clarification initially:
Murderous Indonesian Florists ... dang, tough flower peddlers (?),
Exotic purple Malaysian wild flowers … slightly Georgia O’Keefe-esque-looking, which apparently isn’t too far off: one species is also known as the Clitoria flower (also in pink). :)
Finally clicking to Urban dictionarybig>

… definitely, positively, unquestionably prefer the southeast Asian wild flowers.

/Marg

Act as if everything you do matters, while laughing at yourself for thinking anything you do matters.
Tibetan Buddhist saying

DP is state sponsored MURDER.... and REVENGE MURDER at that... and I dont want my state ( which then includes me in with the people who revel in it)doing things that go against that which is not right.

You just said, two posts up, that you love to visit vigilantism on your abusers.

Isn't that revenge?

You don't seem to have a problem with them being abused or killed by fellow inmates.

You might want to check your compassion/civility meter, there.

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST.......has reading comprehension been totally destroyed in the right wing??????????????????????????????????

I said no such thing.. go reread it again.

EDITED

Well since you were doing a drive by slam...(.gee that seems to happen a lot from your camp.).... here is what I posted in response to Remwha's post..

it's a good example of where the death penalty is appropriate - this way it's conducted as a practical, non-emotional, execution of someone who is a serious threat to the innocent.

Rather than indirectly validating vigilantism of any kind.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Believe me.... I would be happy to visit some very personal vigilantism on my abusers...

BUT... as a civilized human.. I want them put in such a place where they can never abuse another innocent... and that does not include being killed by some murderous thug in prison with nothing to lose....

Some crimes just warrant being in solitary confinement for the rest of their unnatural lives.

I want them to suffer the loss of their humanity.. since they are incapable of living with other humans.

In my world... I think BEFORE I ACT.... I may have good cause for vigilantism......and look out now... here comes the KEY WORD.......( reading comprehension skills would have helped here greatly)

BUT... as a civilized human.. I want them put in such a place where they can never abuse another innocent... and that does not include being killed by some murderous thug in prison with nothing to lose....

Gee sounds to me that is diametrically opposed to so many right wing posts supporting murdering them by the Aryan Nation Brotherhood et al:S:S:S:S:S:S

Sentencing someone to be dehumanized and confined without human interaction for the remainder of their life is a death sentence ... a cruel and unusual death sentence.

A civilized human would allow someone to remain human so that they may understand their actions, understand the consequences of their actions, and rehabilitate (even if they will never be released).
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

Pssst you are the one that wants to kill em outright yup great position to be talking morality from.. OH YES.. thats right... the Right wing is good at that sort of hypocrisy:S

I never said deprive them of the things to sustain life... but most of the molseters have ruined multiple innocent lives.. that is already not human.. they chose their course.. God gave man free will.. they willfully attacked the most innocent among us.. they do indeed need to suffer removal from our midst. Give them every book written on what its like to be attacked by one of them..>:(

A civilized human would allow someone to remain human so that they may understand their actions, understand the consequences of their actions, and rehabilitate (even if they will never be released).

Even in solitary, inmates do have some contact with other people, correctional officers, medical staff, clergy and visitors among others. They can write letters and communicate with family, if any are still on speaking terms. They are given exercise time, hygience time and so on. They just don't get to socialize and interact with other inmates, except clandestinely. It is a very bleak existence, but not inhumane considering how they have offended.
"safety first... and What the hell.....
safety second, Too!!! " ~~jmy

POPS #10490

Ah I see you managed to find me again.. What are you doing.. cementing your postion in the 101st Airborne Keyboard Detachment again???

What can I say.. I spent a WHOLE lot of years in parochial school..... I gots me a whole lot of bible learnin to fall back on there bubba.:ph34r::ph34r:

Rehabilitate someone who is never getting out? For what purpose?
My biggest handicap is that sometimes the hole in the front of my head operates a tad bit faster than the grey matter contained within.

Ah I see you managed to find me again.. What are you doing.. cementing your postion in the 101st Airborne Keyboard Detachment again???

What can I say.. I spent a WHOLE lot of years in parochial school..... I gots me a whole lot of bible learnin to fall back on there bubba.:ph34r::ph34r:

--------------------------------------------------------Nice grammer there. So what part of the bible tuaght you to curse so much???:ph34r:

Even in solitary, inmates do have some contact with other people, correctional officers, medical staff, clergy and visitors among others. They can write letters and communicate with family, if any are still on speaking terms. They are given exercise time, hygience time and so on. They just don't get to socialize and interact with other inmates, except clandestinely. It is a very bleak existence, but not inhumane considering how they have offended.

This is true. There are those on here however, who are advocating pure solitary for these people; no books, no letters, nothing. At this point I think they are venturing into the vindictive rather than prophylactic.

Nice grammer there. So what part of the bible tuaght you to curse so much???

8 years of being a SERE Instructor for the USAF

And where in the bible is there a proscription on FUCKING...... only they were callin it Begattin..

And the grammer part.. I figured I'd speak a bit of redneck so I wernt misunderstood... seems when I use ten dollar words the right wing reading comprehension aint so good.

Rehabilitate someone who is never getting out? For what purpose?

The safety and security of the staff at the institution. Desperate men will do desperate things.

I don't imagine you need to rehabilitate them for that purpose. In solitary they will not be in a position to do harm. The gaurds can impress upon them that since they will be there for the rest of thier lives it would be in thier best interest not to act out.
My biggest handicap is that sometimes the hole in the front of my head operates a tad bit faster than the grey matter contained within.

I don't imagine you need to rehabilitate them for that purpose. In solitary they will not be in a position to do harm. The gaurds can impress upon them that since they will be there for the rest of thier lives it would be in thier best interest not to act out.

It's really not that simple. I worked in a correctional facility for several years and it is a much more complex environment that many might expect.
"safety first... and What the hell.....
safety second, Too!!! " ~~jmy

POPS #10490

It's really not that simple. I worked in a correctional facility for several years and it is a much more complex environment that many might expect.

I could design the perfect facility.... nice comfy little cells.... a nice exercise run for them to go into twice a day... sealed off from the world where they cant be animals anymore.

Given your experience I'll have to trust your judgement on that.

Put this sicko in a lock down psych ward and give him 1200mg of thorazine a day. THAT would be worse than a death sentence or any prison. And to address his lawyers concerns, at least he wouldnt get anally raped in there.
"If you don't like your job, you don't strike! You just go in every day, and do it really half assed. That's the American way."
- Homer Simpson

Reply To
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nice grammer there. So what part of the bible tuaght you to curse so much???

8 years of being a SERE Instructor for the USAF

So you chose to take the low road and fit in with the good old boys network, which you so readily deride, instead of the high road, and showing your moral superiority, as you do here?

Nowhere did Brodsky say that he is trying to get Delorme off and kept out of lock-up.

A screwball that committed crimes against children is in definite mortal danger when mixed in with the general prison population. Ergo, the reference being effectively sentenced to the death penalty.

Even segregation is no guarantee against attack from others. So what degree of "exposure to danger" is acceptable?

IMHO, a minimum degree of exposure is the call...for anyone, not just this bozo. Is that do-able in the present prison system? No. Not even close to it.

So, in a nutshell, for this guy, maximum security segregated from others.

In the extereme other end of the spectrum, throw 'em all together, give them weapons and let it be the survival of the fittest with no contact whatsoever with prison guards..in fact, lock 'em away securely enough and you wouldn't need prison guards...except to video the carnage and post it on YouTube. Would that satisfy any of the bloodthirsty?

Amazon has her head screwed on semi-straight.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239