quade

"Doppler Shift" is the result of relative motion between two objects?

Again, I've left a third option for those that don't understand the question.

"The result" as in the only result, the necessary result, the sometime result if other conditions are met....?

Pretty vague statement, Paul.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

"The result" as in the only result, the necessary result, the sometime result if other conditions are met....?

I'm trying to keep the questions to a minimum of words. I think the statement is specific "enough". Again, I'm not looking for detailed answers and I'm not trying to "trick" anybody; just whether or not people know certain basic concepts.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

I'm trying to keep the questions to a minimum of words. I think the statement is specific "enough". Again, I'm not looking for detailed answers and I'm not trying to "trick" anybody; just whether or not people know certain basic concepts.

Well, my answer could be either "yes" or "no" depending on exactly how I interpret the statement.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Are you close to reaching your point yet?

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

I'm sadly starting to come to the conclusion that the point can't actually be reached this way. People have such a difficult time just answering the simple questions without first ascribing other conditionals to it. I wanted it to be simple, but so many people seem to want to make it more difficult than it really is.

Hmmm.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

I answered no because I was thinking about the fact that the medium could also change - but I'll have to take it back. I'm sure we can assume that as the objects move and emit sound or light or whatever frequency that allows us to know they exist, that the (singular or plural) media stays the same.

People have such a difficult time just answering the simple questions without first ascribing other conditionals to it.

Ha, yup.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

The answer is at the end of the Universe, beyond redshift. :D:D:D

/Marg

Isn't there a fancy restaurant there?:D

Dammit! >:(
You beat me to it.[:/]
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I'm sadly starting to come to the conclusion that the point can't actually be reached this way. People have such a difficult time just answering the simple questions without first ascribing other conditionals to it. I wanted it to be simple, but so many people seem to want to make it more difficult than it really is.

Hmmm.

I understand your frustration. It's a good set of questions to make your point with, assuming, of course, that I understand your point correctly:S

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

I wanted it to be simple, but so many people seem to want to make it more difficult than it really is.

It's "Speaker's Corner" on a skydiving web site. Did you expect anything less? ;)

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon