airtwardo

Porter, Texas...shooting in the news

I hope the poor fucker doesn't get prosecuted for this.
Who the hell am I kidding, he will get his ass reamed by the DA.
“The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him.

Stanislaw Jerzy Lec quotes (Polish writer, poet and satirist 1906-1966)

The DA shouldn't even consider bringing charges against this guy. I had a whole rant planned for these recent shootings, but I'll hold off. Bottom line, if you break into someone's house, you might get shot. You take the risk, deal with it. One less criminal out there and one more strong message sent to future criminals.
Oh, hello again!

I agree with you. We had a case in this area, recently, where a couple of guys broke into a man's vehicle, late at night. The owner saw what was going on and shot one of the burglars as he ran away with his car stereo. This was not the first time, the property owner was burglarized or vandalized. The property owner was NO BILLED!
Criminals, are stupid.

Chuck

Seems pretty cut and dry. The old guy did everything possible to avoid a confronation. The theif was begging for a darwin
My biggest handicap is that sometimes the hole in the front of my head operates a tad bit faster than the grey matter contained within.

I agree he should be no billed, there have been an unbelievable amount of thefts, burglaries, robberies, vandalism etc. around here lately...up over 50% from last year.

Wonder if this will show a blip in the numbers for a while? :S

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I agree he should be no billed, there have been an unbelievable amount of thefts, burglaries, robberies, vandalism etc. around here lately...up over 50% from last year.

Wonder if this will show a blip in the numbers for a while? :S

That's just what has been happening back where we moved from. I was nearly, on a first name basis with all the PD officers! Not just us but, all our neighbors. Car burglaries, mostly. Looking for anything they could hock for money to buy crack.
I would imagine, the incident near you will sure get some attention. I found out too, from the case I mentioned that, here in Texas, someone is running away with your stuff in their hot sweaty little hands can be shot. I would imaging, your guy will get a 'no bill'.

Chuck

I know in Texas they string up horse thieves, but I thought back-shooting was frowned upon.

That's why you shout the perp's name, wait for him to turn around, then shoot him in the front.

Can't tell the perp's name without a program! ;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I know in Texas they string up horse thieves, but I thought back-shooting was frowned upon.

That's why you shout the perp's name, wait for him to turn around, then shoot him in the front.

Can't tell the perp's name without a program! ;)

Try "HEY, ASSWIPE!"
Illinois needs a CCW Law. NOW.

The part that he didn't publisise is that the old man - scared to death - asked politely if the young thief would "Please lie down and wait for the police to arrest you." Just as the father would have asked of him.

And the kid said - "Don't Tase me bro!" so he shot him instead.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

"Why didn't he tell him to lie down," asked Lenard Shamlin, Jr.

Because he's not a police officer, and he doesn't have to risk his own life trying to take a potentially dangerous trespassing thief alive.

If this even goes to the grand jury, it will be no billed.
I don't have an M.D. or a law degree. I have bachelor's in kicking ass and taking names.

I found out too, from the case I mentioned that, here in Texas, someone is running away with your stuff in their hot sweaty little hands can be shot.

Careful there, you're going to get someone in trouble.

This is only legal in Texas at night. Do it in the day time, and you could be charged with murder.

You can only legally shoot a thief in daytime, if he is threatening your life or great bodily harm. And then it's not about thievery - it's about self defense.

Shamlin's distraught father wants answers. He does not believe his son was stealing, but admits he wasn't there.

Why do the parents always say that their child was a good child who never has and never would do anything wrong ... :S
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

I found out too, from the case I mentioned that, here in Texas, someone is running away with your stuff in their hot sweaty little hands can be shot.

Careful there, you're going to get someone in trouble.

This is only legal in Texas at night. Do it in the day time, and you could be charged with murder.

You can only legally shoot a thief in daytime, if he is threatening your life or great bodily harm. And then it's not about thievery - it's about self defense.

An obvious over-sight on my part, leaving that one, very important part out, 'AT NIGHT'! Thanks, John. Good catch!

Chuck

...and now it turns out that these two perps ("alleged") were illegal aliens with criminal records. Why were they still in the USA? Why hadn't the local police turned them over to I.C.E. for deportation?

If you can't do the time (forever, in this case) don't do the crime!
"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition"...Rudyard Kipling

Personally I'd rather they be in jail than back in Mexico (and back in the US a week later.)

Why?

I think he means that would be desirable because if you just deport them, they'll come right back and be a threat to Americans again much sooner.

It's not a punishment to send someone home a free man.

My position is that if an illegal commits a crime, he should do his time in prison just like anyone else. Then upon his release, he should be sent back to his native country under armed guard.

Personally I'd rather they be in jail than back in Mexico (and back in the US a week later.)

Why?

I think he means that would be desirable because if you just deport them, they'll come right back and be a threat to Americans again much sooner.

It's not a punishment to send someone home a free man.

My position is that if an illegal commits a crime, he should do his time in prison just like anyone else. Then upon his release, he should be sent back to his native country under armed guard.

Should an employer (if any) of said illegal be considered an accessory to the crime if it could be shown that the employer knew the person's status?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.