masterblaster72

Do you believe President Bush's actions justify impeachment?

I don't think anyone has enough evidence to successfully impeach him. I do think an honorable man would have recognized his limits and resigned some time ago. However the blame lies not only with him, but also with those who elected him, especially the second time.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

I don't think anyone has enough evidence to successfully impeach him. I do think an honorable man would have recognized his limits and resigned some time ago. However the blame lies not only with him, but also with those who elected him, especially the second time.

Blues,
Dave

My take on that -- the presidential oath of office:

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States.

Evidence: President Bush signed the Patriot Act into law on October 26, 2001. Since then, several federal courts have ruled that a number of its provisions are unconstitutional.

My conclusion: impeach the president.

Be humble, ask questions, listen, learn, follow the golden rule, talk when necessary, and know when to shut the fuck up.

everyone seems to forget that we are safer now then at the end of clinton's term and all the fighting is in the middle east not here sounds good to me. i like the way things are, if there is to be fighting over there sounds good to me. also if the people over there would do as they said they would there wouldn't be this shit happening. i like what bush is doing and everyone should be thanking the GI's for thier service to our country. Bush has done more with the fewest causalties of any president before him that has had to deal with a war. do i like war - no - but talk doesn't work with the people in the middle east and never has. they will say what you want to here but keep on doing what they said they would stop and it has been that way for as long as i have been alive - i think a nicely placed nuke would work great but then we would suffer from the radiation so this i feel is the best way to handle things and we should stand behind our president and our soldiers and support them. and the pussy protesters should get a job and become viable members or our country instead of drains on it

Evidently, Congress doesn't agree.

Which is why Americans need to wake up and start electing people that represent their interests, even if it means voting for third party candidates.

Of course that means doing a bit of homework, which is why things haven't changed. Goes against our culture of armchair, remote-control convenience.

Be humble, ask questions, listen, learn, follow the golden rule, talk when necessary, and know when to shut the fuck up.

Which is why Americans need to wake up and start electing people that represent their interests, even if it means voting for third party candidates.

Agreed - it sucks having to choose the lesser of two evils.

Of course that means doing a bit of homework, which is why things haven't changed. Goes against our culture of armchair, remote-control convenience.

What, and miss Survivor, Lost or Dancing With The Stars? Be serious, man!! :|
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

everyone seems to forget that we are safer now then at the end of clinton's term and all the fighting is in the middle east not here sounds good to me. i like the way things are, if there is to be fighting over there sounds good to me. also if the people over there would do as they said they would there wouldn't be this shit happening. i like what bush is doing and everyone should be thanking the GI's for thier service to our country. Bush has done more with the fewest causalties of any president before him that has had to deal with a war. do i like war - no - but talk doesn't work with the people in the middle east and never has. they will say what you want to here but keep on doing what they said they would stop and it has been that way for as long as i have been alive - i think a nicely placed nuke would work great but then we would suffer from the radiation so this i feel is the best way to handle things and we should stand behind our president and our soldiers and support them. and the pussy protesters should get a job and become viable members or our country instead of drains on it

That was really hard to read for a number of reasons. I'll just say that I disagree with everything except the "thank the GI's" part.
Also, impeachment is not a viable option right now. Not enough time. Congress is split down the middle even with the Democratic "mandate" :D, the debate would be played out not in the evidence, but in the talking point of "this is just politics and retribution for the 90's" crap. It would be a circus run by a bunch of overpaid clowns. Meanwhile, things would continue to go to shit both here and in the clusterfuck that we created in the Middle East.
IMHO, the Hague is the answer.

Impeachment would be a fearsome thing for Congress to do. Most Congresspersons were in on the experiment. See, an impeachment is a political - not a criminal - game. Bush's defense in an impeachment would be political and powerful.

Imagine Dubya answering questions from, say, Senator Biden, about lying to Congress. At which point Bush pulls out a transcript of a meeting with the Foreign Relations Committee - which Biden headed - whereupon the entire committee was appraised of exactly what was going on and they all decided to be hush hush because the public wouldn't support THOSE reasons.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Well, from the current results of this poll, it seems that the most vocal of the POSTERS in SC don't necessarily represent the majority opinion of the READERS of SC.

Very interesting....I wonder how much that parallels society as a whole?
Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

Well, from the current results of this poll, it seems that the most vocal of the POSTERS in SC don't necessarily represent the majority opinion of the READERS of SC.

Very interesting....I wonder how much that parallels society as a whole?

Probably a lot. I'd compare it to a poll asking whether or not all illegal aliens should be deported from the US. Most would say, "Absolutely." However, pragmatically speaking, it cannot be done.

An impeachment and conviction just is not feasible.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

That was really hard to read for a number of reasons. I'll just say that I disagree with everything except the "thank the GI's" part.
Also, impeachment is not a viable option right now. Not enough time. Congress is split down the middle even with the Democratic "mandate" :D, the debate would be played out not in the evidence, but in the talking point of "this is just politics and retribution for the 90's" crap. It would be a circus run by a bunch of overpaid clowns. Meanwhile, things would continue to go to shit both here and in the clusterfuck that we created in the Middle East.
IMHO, the Hague is the answer.

I agree with all of your post except the last sentence. I would need a LOT more evidence before I'd be suggesting a trial in the Hague. Even if the timing doesn't work for an impeachment, I'd rather our Congress make an attempt to clean our own house before asking outside powers to. If we don't have sufficient evidence to impeach, we certainly don't have enough to prosecute for war crimes, and if we do have that evidence, we should be doing something with it ourselves.

Blues,
Dave
(drink Mountain Dew)

Cheesed off of a MSNBC poll. Was curious to see how this poll would shape up here in Speaker's Corner.

So what do you think?

I think that the majority of the people here seem to be agreeing with the results of the MSNBC poll.

If you're upset with that, then maybe it's not the poll or other people that are off the mark.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

I agree with all of your post except the last sentence. I would need a LOT more evidence before I'd be suggesting a trial in the Hague. Even if the timing doesn't work for an impeachment, I'd rather our Congress make an attempt to clean our own house before asking outside powers to. If we don't have sufficient evidence to impeach, we certainly don't have enough to prosecute for war crimes, and if we do have that evidence, we should be doing something with it ourselves.

Blues,
Dave

I think the wars of aggression and torture/detainment arguments are pretty solid. Unfortunately, the deep pockets of this ultra white collar gang would guarantee an acquittal, regardless of how well the "glove" fits.

Blues,
Dave

It's not about evidence, it's about partisan friends. An impeachment is just an indictment, of course there are enough Dems in the House to impeach him. Almost enough votes to remove (67).

>>>>>>everyone seems to forget that we are safer now then at the end of clinton's term

Oh are we? How many troops died during Clinton's term? How many civilians? Go re-do the math.

>>>>>>>>>>>>all the fighting is in the middle east not here sounds good to me.

Right, so if we deliver kids to kill, then we are safe here; so are we safe or just non-military people are safer? I htought we were all a country, nit just the folks unwilling to serve - AKA Republicans;)

>>>>>>>>>i like the way things are, if there is to be fighting over there sounds good to me.

Oh, 2 billion $ per week, almost 4k dead troops, I don't like things.

>>>>>>>>also if the people over there would do as they said they would there wouldn't be this shit happening.

Oh, what should they do, overthrow the government with rocks and bottles? I seriously doubt you have a clue as to the sectarian shit going on, it's not as if they are one people, they are divided by religion and are on the brink of a civl war if not alrwady involved in some. Get it, we put one side to power in government, they use that power to undermine the others.

>>>>>>>i like what bush is doing and everyone should be thanking the GI's for thier service to our country.

Uh, no and yes, in that order.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>Bush has done more with the fewest causalties of any president before him that has had to deal with a war.

I seem to remember a little around 1991 where another Bush left with 150 casualties.

>>>>>>>>>>>for as long as i have been alive

(guessing) 21 years [:/]

>>>>>>>>>i think a nicely placed nuke would work great but then we would suffer from the radiation

Ya, who cares about all the other civilians who would die, fuck, we intentionally bombed and instantly killed 130k mostly women and children in WWII, maybe you're on to something. Maybe you are the true American patriot.

>>>>>>>>>>>and the pussy protesters should get a job and become viable members or our country instead of drains on it

Wha are ya smokin? Do you think protestors don;t work? Many Republicans disagree with the war. Many of all walks disagree with the war.

Is this a lead-in to Ron Paul the Republican? Please:S

Cheesed off of a MSNBC poll. Was curious to see how this poll would shape up here in Speaker's Corner.

So what do you think?

I think that the majority of the people here seem to be agreeing with the results of the MSNBC poll.

If you're upset with that, then maybe it's not the poll or other people that are off the mark.

Not upset with anything. Just curious to see what the results here would be, as I stated in my original post.

@Lucky...:

Is this a lead-in to Ron Paul the Republican? Please :S

Do you even know anything about him, other than the fact that he's a :oRepublican:o? If so, what don't you like about him? I'd like to hear.

I'm convinced, I'm not voting for the guy in 2008.

There was a time when I thought he'd do it if he could. Heck, Musharraf is showing him how it's done. But nowadays I'm pretty sure that even if God sky typed his support for a third term over the White House that Bush would pass. He wants out so someone else can clean up this mess, or more likely, take the blame for it.

Well, you can impeach everyone who voted for him the next time you go to the voting booth. Good luck!

Well, you can impeach everyone who voted for him the next time you go to the voting booth. Good luck!

Unfortunately, the people who voted for Bush have taken on his defining characteristic...immunity from anything other than the consequences of their actions. What's more, the rest of us have to suffer those consequence right along with 'em. The funny part is they even use the same excuses...either everything is good or their decisions were based on bad intelligence. :D

Blues,
Dave
(drink Mountain Dew)

An impeachment and conviction just is not feasible.

I agree with you. Its a waste of time.

BUT after they are out of office.. turn them over to the World Court... the whole lot of them.. where their setting up immunity for themselves in OUR laws.. mean nothing.l>:(