pop

I feel like Darius

Usually when the topics invloving Muslims are posted Darius is like the lone ranger amongst a group of DZ.commer..the only one speaking out for Iran and Palestine and taking heat from the DZ.community because the majority disagrees with him.

I feel the same way when it comes to posts about guns. I think I am the only guy here that thinks guns should be illegal. I feel you Darius.

I love you guys anyway. B| In the end we are all skydivers.
7 ounce wonders, music and dogs that are not into beer

I feel the same way when it comes to posts about guns. I think I am the only guy here that thinks guns should be illegal. I feel you Darius.

You're from Texas??? I think you can be expelled for thinkin' like that. But I hear ya, in a "perfect world" guns should be illegal. But in this world they are not the solution either.

I am so melodramatic.

:D:D

In the end we are all skydivers

Yea dude the funny thing is that is so true. It is just like family. I can fight and argue with most of you to the end, but as soon as were done arguing. I can easily see my self hanging out with most of the people I fight with and just having a good time.

Tonight I’ll raise a blunt to you my friend.

Peace and have a good weekend.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

You're from Texas???

I was living in Vancouver for a year last year, and my girlfriend and I flew down to Texas. She was from Vancouver, and guns dont exist there. (By the way while here in Houston we have a deadly shooting every day, in Vancouver there is a dealy shooting twice a year...hmmm).

I took her to a gun range because this is Texas and this is what we are known for. She had never seen a real gun in her life. She had an absolute blast, but the most memorable part for her was that it was a Tuesday, and on Tuesday its Ladies Day at this range. Ladies rent a gun for free.

Only in Texas B|:)

By the way while here in Houston we have a deadly shooting every day, in Vancouver there is a deadly shooting twice a year...hmmm.

Come on Michael you know this is just not true. Tell that to the six people shot to death last Friday in a Surrey BC condo. Four of the deceased had ties to gangs while two of the deceased were in the wrong place at the wrong time. Violent crime is on the rise up here in certain regions of Canuckville. Most of the time it is the gang-bangers killing each other, but innocent people are being caught in the cross fire.

I am gun neutral. I don't like them, but no amount of gun control will take the guns out of the criminals hands

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Likewise....the bowl is loaded and awaiting 5pm B|

During 2005, 16,885 people in the U.S. died in alcohol-related motor vehicle crashes, representing 39% of all traffic-related deaths (NHTSA 2006).

So shouldn't we outlaw the sale of alcohol as well? If we had those 16,885 people would still be alive.
The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

Likewise....the bowl is loaded and awaiting 5pm B|

During 2005, 16,885 people in the U.S. died in alcohol-related motor vehicle crashes, representing 39% of all traffic-related deaths (NHTSA 2006).

So shouldn't we outlaw the sale of alcohol as well? If we had those 16,885 people would still be alive.

Only outlaw it for drivers.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

By the way while here in Houston we have a deadly shooting every day, in Vancouver there is a deadly shooting twice a year...hmmm.

Tell that to the six people shot to death last Friday in a Surrey BC condo.

In the year that I lived in Vanvouver there were two shooting. I couldnt believe. I am not surpised though about shooting in Surrey. That area can be pretty shady at times. Still though Steve in Houston we have 1 to two people getting shot EVERY DAY. In
Canada shootings are so rare that they usually make national news. Last year there was the Toronto shooting where I think around 6 people died as well. That was on the news in Vancouver.

You know how you have to walk through the Hasting Main area when going from Gaztown to China Town. A similar steet here in Houston can turn deadly on you quickly. In Vanvouver walking through that area wasnt an issue. Even in that area it was safe, and even amongsts themselves the druggies and the dealers rarely got into deadly altercations. There were several stabbings on that street last year, but I dont recall any shootings.

For those who dont know about Hastings/Main...its basically three block of an open drug market where crakheads, addicts, and criminals hang out 24/7. This is the same street that the injection site is on. People are shooting up drigs there all day long, and even in that environment people dont shoot each other.

Likewise....the bowl is loaded and awaiting 5pm

Interesting. Are the contents of the bowl legal? And if they are not, how is it that the bowl is full?

Hmm. :P;)

FallRate

I always share the contents of my loaded bowls....whatever those contents may be.B|

We all know that a city like Houston, or Philly, Detroit, Washington etc, etc, etc all have issues where pretty much someone on a daily basis is being shot dead. But I think you are missing my point Michael. You are wrong to say in Vancouver only 2 people per year get shot. The numbers are higher ... more likely in the 50 person range. So on average in a large Canuckville city, one person a week is being shot dead. Now most of the people are gang bangers ... but these numbers are increasing.

I wish I had an easy answer. But gun control where you take the guns out of the hands of the law obeying citizen is not going to solve the problems where criminal uses guns to commit their crimes.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

like we ban guns for criminals, right?

You remember that kallend states that many are not criminals until AFTER they own a gun. At least that is my understanding of his abstract posts
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

I took her to a gun range because this is Texas and this is what we are known for. She had never seen a real gun in her life. She had an absolute blast, but the most memorable part for her was that it was a Tuesday, and on Tuesday its Ladies Day at this range. Ladies rent a gun for free.

BINGO... see guns CAN be used for something other than killing.. and that is the point a lot of us like to make.

You remember that kallend states that many are not criminals until AFTER they own a gun. At least that is my understanding of his abstract posts

Just today Mike posted Texas data on CCW holders who committed crimes. Unless Texas is giving CCW permits to known criminals, these law abiding citizens must have become criminals after they got their permits.:)

Just today Mike posted Texas data on CCW holders who committed crimes. Unless Texas is giving CCW permits to known criminals, these law abiding citizens must have become criminals after they got their permits.:)

So? What's your point?

Should no one ever be licensed to do anything, because some few of them might do something criminal?

So? What's your point?

It was a valid comment on rushmc's post (that you conveniently edited out).:P

So? What's your point?

valid, ya, your point being every one is not a criminal before they are one. Ya, valid
Abraham Lincoln

So? What's your point?

valid, ya, your point being every one is not a criminal before they are one. Ya, valid

Sometimes the obvious must be emphasized. Eisenhower was said to be surprised when told that 50% of Americans had below average IQ.

So? What's your point?

Sometimes the obvious must be emphasized. Eisenhower was said to be surprised when told that 50% of Americans had below average IQ.

So, moving you to mexico would raise the IQ of both countries?
Abraham Lincoln

Quote #1: "A gun's only purpose is to kill."

Quote #2: "I took her to a gun range... She had never seen a real gun in her life. She had an absolute blast..."

It seems that we have a contradiction there with these two quotes from you.

There are two possibilities:

1) Either you are wrong with quote #1, since quote #2 proves that guns can be used for purposes other than to kill, or;

2) Your girlfriend derives great pleasure from practicing to kill.

Which is it?