Amazon

Credit Cards with Annual Fees

...But I don't see the point.

Do you have work for me that will pay my living expenses and leave a little left over to save? If so, I'll take it and I'll save the left-over.

I have no sympathy for the bozos that COULD do it (save) but won't do it because of gimme-gimme, I-want-it-now greed.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

... As soon as you start talking about banning guns, I'm sending a get well card

Inserting John's stance on weapons was a cheap shot.

"apparently" I've "never been poor"

tit for tat, pops, tit for tat

(I like JR quite a bit here, but his insistence to be so self serious on this thread path is very surprising to me, so we explore it a bit)

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

no, it is not a choice for many people. Apparently you've never been poor, or you wouldn't be making such claims. I can tell you that as a young Marine, earning $320 per month, with a wife and child to support, saving up $1,000 was not an option. I usually had to borrow $20 from Navy Relief near the end of the pay period to buy groceries to get through. For many people, there simply isn't enough money to save, no matter how hard they try.

you keep becoming more and more of a liberal every day John - in both outlook and debate techniques. As soon as you start talking about banning guns, I'm sending a get well card

Edit - Oh, BTW - "Wahhhh" If you want to have a 'who was more poor' contest, we can do that. I have a pretty good position with the farmboy on rented land (yes, we didn't even own the 240 acre farm) position and working my way through college angle. But I don't see the point.

Aye, well, we lived in a cardboard box at the bottom of a lake:P

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I LOVE Amex. It's my only card. I pay an annual fee. I get back WAY more than that in rewards--which I use on things I would have bought anyways.B|

but there are feeless rewards cards too.

Hmmm. That's what I was thinking too. Haven't had a fee in ages. I thought anybody with a decent credit rating dumped all their "fee" cards years ago.

I've got a card with no fees, nice miles program, and was a fixed 9.9% for years, until a very recent change where they are now indexed to prime.

But again, I thought no fees, rewards, and a decent interest rate were available to anyone that had established good payment history.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

Aye, well, we lived in a cardboard box at the bottom of a lake:P

Yup - and just try to tell that to the kids of today and they just don't get it.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Yup - and just try to tell that to the kids of today and they just don't get it.

That's b/c boxes are like so yesterday. Now a van down by the river...

I WISH!! People in vans were the privileged rich. A van would be heaven. We had to line our box with scrap van parts, then take turns sleeping for 5 minutes at a time while using a pile of rusty paint chips for a pillow. There would be serious fights if someone tried to steal pillow chips stuck in their face.

Then dad would wake us up each morning by stabbing us in the left eye with butter knife so we could go to work as railcar stops in the coal mine.

We wouldn't even have credit cards, those were for the rich in vans. We did get to play once with a credit card half I found in a dumpster that we lived in when Dad got a raise.

good times,

good times

Well pin a rose on your nose.

All three of my credit scores are in the 800s.

Still, I choose AMEX. I like the commercial with Ellen and the animals and the raccoon does her makeup so her eyes are lined in thick black and she looks like a raccoon, too. Ha! Ooooohh, that one kills me.

Good times. Noodle salad.

:P

Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

We did get to play once with a credit card half I found in a dumpster that we lived in when Dad got a raise.

good times,

good times

Further proof that climbing the ladder of social class is a slow process, one rung per generation being the best you can usually hope for.

You start with a box, your kids get a dumpster, the grandkids get a vehicle with a view of a water feature, or maybe a trailer. Within no time at all (a generation or 2) your descendants will be living in a real house and finally get that reading Harper's versus Atlantic Monthly is just too vulgar to even thin about.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

It was really just a "starter" dumpster.

You know, to learn about dumpster residency and establish a good line of credit so we could move up during our 'max earning' years....

It is a choice for many people. Just live within your means. Right out of college I wasn't making a lot of money, yet still I put money aside in a 401k, savings and managed to save enough for a down payment on a new car. It's all about living within your means and making sound financial decisions.

See. I go by the opposite. I list just a little bit outside of my means. Financially, the more I make, the more I'm in debt, but realistically, it's not more than 1-2 months if I actually decided to stop spending everything blindly.

I plan on using every single dime I have and then having my check to the undertaker bounce.
This ad space for sale.