Tonto

Does size count?

In this case size does count. 50 caliber BMG is one serious weapon. I don't need one but I sure want one. Talk about a great conversation piece.
The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

50 caliber BMG is one serious weapon.

The .50 is the baby of the range.

They also make it in 14.5mm (a Russian caliber) That rifle uses a three round magazine. The 20mm projectile weighs four ounces, and moves at 2,200 feet per second. The 2.25 ounce 14.5mm bullet moves at 3.400 feet per second. The operational range of the 14.5mm round is 1,800 meters, while for the 20mm it's only 1,300 meters. In the hands of an expert shooter, both rounds can hit targets over 50 percent farther. The only 14.5mm ammo available is armor-piercing incendiary. The 20mm has that, plus a high explosive round.

t
It's the year of the Pig.

So can you UPS it to me looks fun;)

Darius the most inexpensive but yet decent .50cal is the AR-50 and for what it is quite affordable.

But to feed the thing you might want a second job that pays well unless you want to give up skydiving

good .50cal ammo is around $5.00 a round

so fire two mags and there goes $100.00

Hey that will give you around ten minutes at the range.:o

:o
That's quite a little toy there. Looks like it's in good company, though.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

There's some very interesting stuff there. In the top left hand corner of the pic is a silenced AK rechambered in .22 LR. Serious contrast.

t

What they could not find a Ruger 10/22?

Hey there are some very reputable reloaders that make remanufactured .50cal.;)

You are right it needs to be very meticulously loaded.

ALL ammo should be, sadly it is not.

Zippo I was not talking about shit ammo, just the good stuff.

Black Hills Ammunition 308 Winchester 168 Grain Match Hollow Point Moly Case of 500 (25 Boxes of 20) Our Price: $489.99 Sale!

Zippo I was not talking about shit ammo, just the good stuff.

I was quite happy with the shit ammo I had in the AK over the weekend. (Brown Bear 123gr). At 100 yards my groups were mostly touching. I couple nearly went exactly through the same hole. I'll know more when I move it out to 300 yds.

1000 rounds, $195 - http://ammunitiontogo.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=24_99_123&products_id=1041

--------------------------
Chuck Norris doesn't do push-ups, he pushes the Earth down.

I hope you hold 13.5" high at 300yds;)(and that is with a 200yd zero):o

an AK47 is basically a 2-3moa weapon

I had one that was fairly accurate and I did a bit of work on it, it become a bit more accurate but you won't be getting under 1moa with it consistantly.

Well, considering the horror stories you hear on AK accuracy, I have been pleased so far. Bottom line is, if you need to be shot, and I am within 300 yards, I will probably nail you without too much trouble.

We'll see though - maybe I can't hit shit at 300 yards with it. I guess that's why the AK holds so many rounds!

Well, considering the horror stories you hear on AK accuracy,

No one can shoot better than their weapon. Trying to get an AK to shoot sub MOA is a pointless exercise. There are other weapons that do that out the box. Now if you wanted to shoot 3 MOA after leaving it outside in a sandstorm - that's a different story. (And 3 moa is still 100% garenteed chest shots at 300m.)

t
It's the year of the Pig.

Well, considering the horror stories you hear on AK accuracy,

No one can shoot better than their weapon. Trying to get an AK to shoot sub MOA is a pointless exercise. There are other weapons that do that out the box. Now if you wanted to shoot 3 MOA after leaving it outside in a sandstorm - that's a different story. (And 3 moa is still 100% garenteed chest shots at 300m.)

and that's good enough for me!

I know one upgrade I will be making - a new trigger group. The Century Arms trigger is absolute garbage. It's got a monster pull and a fairly good trigger slap.