shropshire

intellectually bankrupt

The former head of the British Army has attacked US postwar policy, calling it "intellectually bankrupt".

General Sir Mike Jackson, who headed the army during the war in Iraq, described as "nonsensical" the claim by the former US Defence Secretary Donald Rumsfeld that US forces "don't do nation-building". He has also hit back at suggestions that British forces had failed in Basra.

Mr Rumsfeld was "one of the most responsible for the current situation in Iraq," Gen Jackson says in his autobiography, Soldier. He describes Washington's approach to fighting global terrorism as "inadequate" for relying on military power over diplomacy and nation-building.

clicky

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

We already have enough disagreement within our own country. We never really ever cared what the british tought....why should we start now, or why should the british influence our decision on what we already know? Are we so gullible? I pehaps think we are and need other countries to clear our scaled eyes....but who knows....were all fucgged!!!!
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

<bBritish thought.>>

Well as this is NOT an American web site, I posted a reference to a NEWS article based around the thoughts of one of Britains leading soldiers. It's entirely up to you what you think.

(.)Y(.)

It's entirely up to you what you think.

Thaks for stating the obvious. Perhaps you should thank me for being the only one who gives a crap about your post thus far.....:D just kidding. I hope I don't seem so arrogant. If so, its only for its sake and not because I actually am....does that make me arrogant? OR make any sense whatsoever?

>edit

Sorry for the small "b" I'm usually more sensitive to the caps, as they are important to me....especially when naming God....sorry

I hope you didn't feel that my tone was directed specifically towards you...it wasn't...I was just blurting out the first thing that came to mind...it can be quite theraputic. Send me a bill if you please. I'll seriously pay for it...(someday) if it's reasonable....

Does it come as any shock though?

It's something that's been annoying me for years - still, pity he didn't speak out a bit more when he was serving......

'for it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "chuck 'im out, the brute!" But it's "saviour of 'is country" when the guns begin to shoot.'

Nope, I don't s'pose that it does.

It's a politically designed (?) war not a military one. The loss of life is tragic, as it always is. The folk responsible will never be brought to book either.

(.)Y(.)

Here's a nothing interesting fact;

General Jackson saved the world!!:o

Kosovo, Pristina airport - Boris Yeltsin's being using some very strong words in regards to NATO actions.
Russian forces are moving in to take the airfield. American General insists British forces ambush the Russians - they were literally about to get on the helicopters to do so, when they were stopped.

General Jackson had said no to the op. "I'm not starting WW III for you...."

Good effort!:)

'for it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "chuck 'im out, the brute!" But it's "saviour of 'is country" when the guns begin to shoot.'

I agree with you Hausse and I think my post does too, though I don't exactly understand what I wrote. I suppose its the whole "gullible" part. I think I just wanted to say "are we so gullible?"

I don't believe you understand what I wrote either...

Anyways...."My ignorance amuses me." (I just watched Tomb Raider and that quote mad me laugh....hard.)

Best Regards

We already have enough disagreement within our own country. We never really ever cared what the british tought....why should we start now, or why should the british influence our decision on what we already know? Are we so gullible? I pehaps think we are and need other countries to clear our scaled eyes....but who knows....were all fucgged!!!!

This sort of attitude show why we should have never shed British blood for American policies. Its not valued, your post is an insult to all those who have shed blood in Iraq for your country. Shame on you.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

This sort of attitude show why we should have never shed British blood for American policies. Its not valued, your post is an insult to all those who have shed blood in Iraq for your country. Shame on you.

I'm thinking that he is refering to our politicians.

I pehaps think we are and need other countries to clear our scaled eyes....but who knows....were all fucgged!!!!

They have yet to listen to the rest of the planet as if the world beyond the U.S. is nothing more than an annoyance. Hell, they don't listen to those who elect them, why would they care about the people they are so ready to shrug off.
"...And once you're gone, you can't come back
When you're out of the blue and into the black."
Neil Young

Thank you Freethefly for the insight into my "mysterious" post. :D You are correct.

The first part of my post was meant to be provocative to make the point that this attitude unfortunately still exists. I'm simply taking somewhat of a responsibility for this attitude, because it is comming out of the country to which I belong, not because I have this type of attitude. My words are somewhat sarcastic...This is interesting because the other day I said to a guy "I thought you were being sarcastic." He said "I stay away from sarcasm because it tends to get me into trouble."

The whole "gullible" part was a poor attempt to segue into the second part of my post that implies this attitude is horribly wrong and needs to change. We need to listen to other countries, yet be discerning at the same time because we are all "fugged" in the head and not everyone can be trusted.

I hope this claifies everything. Regardless, I think my original post was much more entertaining than this one.

Peace :$