dorbie

I'm please with the outcome of the Duke debacle

Nifong's comeuppance restores some of my faith in the system, and it keeps getting better:

http://www.cnn.com/2007/LAW/06/22/duke.lacrosse/index.html

It is more justice than I ever hoped to see in this case, the guy who knowingly and cynically tried to destroy three lives to boost his career actually receives a small fraction of what he tried to mete out, and now he may ultimately face time in jail.

This is gratifying, not that I'm glad the guy is suffering, he's paid a heavy price, but he thought he was unassailable and decided to abuse his position of trust. What the guilty Nifong is facing now is a mere fraction of what he tried to inflict on the innocent.

At least it proved that nobody is above the law.

Nifong deserved to get disbarred IMO. Jail time is fine with me, but he should have to serve it with the general jail population, not in the special unit like what Paris Hilton is staying in. :|

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I dont' understnad why NIFONG is the bad guys here.

What about the stripper that said she had been raped?

She lied. Say, she should have gotten arrested for false accusations at the very least...
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

How do you feel about Jon Burge, the senior Chicago police officer who tortured confessions out of black suspects to get convictions. What do you think his comeuppance should be?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Justice will be complete when Nifong and the stripper receive the same sentences which the falsely-accused would have received had they been convicted.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Justice will be complete when Nifong and the stripper receive the same sentences which the falsely-accused would have received had they been convicted.

How do you feel about Lt. Jon Burge, the Chicago policeman who tortured confessions out of black suspects to get convictions and death sentences. What do you think his comeuppance should be? How do you feel about his $3,400/month pension?

Or do you reserve your indignation just for prosecutors who railroad nice white athletes?

How do you feel about Lt. Jon Burge, the Chicago policeman who tortured confessions out of black suspects to get convictions and death sentences. What do you think his comeuppance should be? How do you feel about his $3,400/month pension?

Or do you reserve your indignation just for prosecutors who railroad nice white athletes?

I don't know anything about this but I do have one question, why do you highlight black? What difference does it make. ? Are you a racistst?
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

I don't know anything about this but I do have one question, why do you highlight black? What difference does it make. ? Are you a racistst?

Because one of our right wing friends first brought it up a week ago:

www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=2849950#2849950

"We're finally seeing REAL justice done in the case. It's too bad those damned race-baiters can't be made to apologize as well."

"We're finally seeing REAL justice done in the case. It's too bad those damned race-baiters can't be made to apologize as well."

Sorry, I aint got time to figure out what the hell you mean and as I see it you are the one that brought this up. Looks like you are race -baiting to me
Abraham Lincoln

Sorry, I aint got time to figure out what the hell you mean and as I see it you are the one that brought this up. Looks like you are race -baiting to me

That figures; I provide the link and you claim ignorance.

Hint: the June 16 "damned race-baiters" post came first, and it wasn't mine.

Well, since I oppose the death sentence, I'll settle for life w/o parole in that case.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

That figures; I provide the link and you claim ignorance.

Hint: the June 16 "damned race-baiters" post came first, and it wasn't mine.

Went to the link. I am not going to take the time to try and figure it out. So, why will you not answer the simple question and that being, why did you highlight what you did? Very simple. Are you ashamed to answer it?
Abraham Lincoln

Well, since I oppose the death sentence, I'll settle for life w/o parole in that case.

Sucks, doesn't it, that he's never been prosecuted (the city procrastinated until the statute of limitations expired), and he lives on a nice police pension in Florida.

I am not going to take the time to try and figure it out.

That figures.:|

You have provide no answer to my question (which was asked first) ecept for some link that you want me to take the time and decifer.

I apears to me YOU do not want to answer other than to say somebody else raiesed the issur first. do you care to simply answer the question.......or have you long sinse for got it?:S
Abraham Lincoln

I am not going to take the time to try and figure it out.

That figures.:|

You have provide no answer to my question (which was asked first) ecept for some link that you want me to take the time and decifer.

Your time doesn't seem in short supply today. :P

P.S. I take the time to decipher your spelling.:D

Well, I will just have to assume you to be a raceist unless you see fit to answer....[:/]

Abraham Lincoln

Well, I will just have to assume you to be a raceist unless you see fit to answer....[:/]

As you have proved many times in the past, logic is not your strong suit.;)

You're definitely the race baiter in this thread, John.

And it's not clear which beaten confessions you refer to (you have at least a few links in the other thread), so I'll call yet another vague citation offense on you.

Getting to the heart of the question - did he beat out false confessions or real ones? Both are criminal, but the proper karmic punishment is not.

As you have proved many times in the past, logic is not your strong suit.;)

and a wink get you out of the consequences of a PA?
huh.
?

As you have proved in this thread. intellectual honesty is not your strong suit now it is:P
Abraham Lincoln

You're definitely the race baiter in this thread, John.

It's simply fascinating how the righteous indignation is absent from a case where the victims are black.

And it's not clear which beaten confessions you refer to (you have at least a few links in the other thread), so I'll call yet another vague citation offense on you.

Getting to the heart of the question - did he beat out false confessions or real ones? Both are criminal, but the proper karmic punishment is not.

Can't find the case - here are a few links.

Hey Kallend,

As a Professor how do you feel about the Professors that put the ad in the school paper? Should they be forced to write an apology? Anything at all?

I’ve tried to find links to what was published, if anyone has that link I would like to read it. I truly believe in free speech, but at what point do you pull back from political correctness? This whole thing looked like the “perfect story” Rich white boys, poor black women…… Then (it seems) a lot of the faculty got on the band wagon.

Of course if you want to really look at something scary, think if it had be the all black guys and a white women! They’d been hung in a week BUT would have the faculty jump in? I don’t think so.
Kevin Keenan is my hero, a double FUP, he does so much with so little

Hey Kallend,

As a Professor how do you feel about the Professors that put the ad in the school paper? Should they be forced to write an apology? Anything at all?

I’ve tried to find links to what was published, if anyone has that link I would like to read it. I truly believe in free speech, but at what point do you pull back from political correctness? This whole thing looked like the “perfect story” Rich white boys, poor black women…… Then (it seems) a lot of the faculty got on the band wagon.

I haven't seen the ad.

Criminal guilt is a matter for a jury to decide, not faculty, not media columnists, not even dz.commers.

It's simply fascinating how the righteous indignation is absent from a case where the victims are black.

So are you saying two wrongs make a right, or what exactly? I don't see the linkage. Any outrage over what happened here is independent of outrage appropriate for a different circumstance.

You want to talk about another case, open a thread on it. Otherwise, quit your bitching. You seem very upset that Whitey was right this time. Why?