akarunway

Clinton stocks

From Drudge.:P Dems, Rpubs. They are all crooks thieves and liars. >:(http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D8PPD3781&show_article=1 "Over time, the Clintons' blind trust grew significantly and included stock holdings in oil and drug companies, military contractors and Wal-Mart. "
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

So basically you are saying that by investing in stocks.. and Mutual funds that are managed by brokers .... it makes you a crook??

Hell I have not checked recently what some of my 401k and IRA has been invested in.. its performing.. and I really dont give a shit what its invested in.. I put in the money.. and a manager deals with that and it grows in value.

Last time I checked.. that was ok to do here in this country.:S:S

From Drudge.:P Dems, Rpubs. They are all crooks thieves and liars. >:(http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D8PPD3781&show_article=1 "Over time, the Clintons' blind trust grew significantly and included stock holdings in oil and drug companies, military contractors and Wal-Mart. "

And the sentence preceeding the one you quoted was:
"The Clintons have had a blind trust continuously since 1993 and had no control over its transactions."

Cherry picking at it's finest. LOL

Wrong Mike.. legitamate investments are one thing....

I have ZERO control over what happens to my stocks..

GW and Cheney have worked for the companies they have helped ....in management and now in their positions of power have tossed contracts their way.. I would say they have made a HUGE amount of difference to the bottom lines of the companies they used to work for.. by their actions....

In college I interned for a broker who dealt with accredited investors and he would only talk to you if your net worth was at least $2 million. At that level of investing so many avenues are open to you that are not accessible to regular investors like you or I. In my view they're not crooks, just filthy rich. Like most senators.

Wrong Mike.. legitamate investments are one thing....

I have ZERO control over what happens to my stocks..

GW and Cheney have worked for the companies they have helped ....in management and now in their positions of power have tossed contracts their way.. I would say they have made a HUGE amount of difference to the bottom lines of the companies they used to work for.. by their actions....

You know, you keep saying that...and there's still no proof... couple that with the proven fact that Halliburton got 90+ percent of their contracts through open competition and I'm throwing the bullshit flag.

Now, if you want to discuss Senator Feinstein throwing contracts to Richard Blum, or Harry Reid shopping contracts to his sons and nephews companies, I'm all for it.

Funny how those stories aren't getting much airtime in that "right wing controlled press", isn't it?
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

So basically you are saying that by investing in stocks.. and Mutual funds that are managed by brokers .... it makes you a crook??

Hell I have not checked recently what some of my 401k and IRA has been invested in.. its performing.. and I really dont give a shit what its invested in.. I put in the money.. and a manager deals with that and it grows in value.

Last time I checked.. that was ok to do here in this country.:S:S

No. What I am trying to get across, the point is, very interesting where his/her money is. Blind trust MY ASS. Just like DICK. C. Those in power, they all have inside info. Don't doubt it for a min. THE RICH GET RICHER AND.....;)

No. What I am trying to get across, the point is, very interesting where his/her money is. Blind trust MY ASS. Just like DICK. C. Those in power, they all have inside info. Don't doubt it for a min. THE RICH GET RICHER AND.....;)

I'd like to see *their* "blind trust" documents...we've already seen Cheney's, showing that he signed over all control to a trustee and any profits from the trust to charity.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

I'd like to see *their* "blind trust" documents...we've already seen Cheney's, showing that he signed over all control to a trustee and any profits from the trust to charity.
Do you actually believe that indiscreet phone calls are not made? (hopefully Homeland Security is tapping their phones but I doubt it) Do you really believe they (IN POWER) don't know where there money is? There are some fools out there that might trust those in power but I sure as fuck don't.

I worked at a major investment firm for a while and I had to have a blind trust for my investing. The broker had no problems with me telling him what KIND of investing I'd like to do and even asked if there was any investments I'd rather not be involved with. He made it clear that it didn't matter what I said, but he'd take it under advisement.

If all the lefties are anti-oil company and anti-defnse contractors... they could have made those preferences known when they established the account. I'm betting they didn't.
Oh, hello again!

Anyone taking this seriously is a bit short of clue.

Over time, everyone's investments grow significantly, and few periods were as good as the 90s. That's a big reason why no one really care a shit about Monica.

If you invest in the S&P500, 4% of your holdings are currently in Exxon. Other large portions go to the other oil companies, drug makers, Walmart, and military contractors. These are all large cap businesses and the S&P500 index is weighted by capitalization. If Clinton knew his blind trust focused on large cap equities, which is a given, then he knew all of these companies were part of it.

The country benefits if the President wants business to do well.

The country probably does not benefit if the President wants a single company like Halliburton to do well. It certainly did not benefit from wanting a single energy shell corporation (Enron) to do well.

Comic Book Man: Lamest deflection attempt ever.