kallend

Score one for the Constitution

While I don't know all the angles of this one yet, here, at least at this point, I have to tend to, shit this is going to hurt, agree with you.

ouch ouch ouch

:P:)

"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

While I don't know all the angles of this one yet, here, at least at this point, I have to tend to, shit this is going to hurt, agree with you.

ouch ouch ouch

Hey, at least you don't hide behind a cloak of anonymity like some people here.:)

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

The problem is that the War on Terror is like the War on Drugs, never ending. When do you release prisoners of war in a war that never ends?

Edit: Do we start having prisoners from the War on Terror serve pirson sentences like prisoners from the War on Drugs?
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

It is indeed an encouraging sign. Let's hope that this signals a beginning of a return to a system of government based on the principles called out in our constitution, and away from one based on fear and cowardice.

We currently have a system of government based on cowardice?

>We currently have a system of government based on cowardice?

Yes. We pass laws based on fear. Our cowardice leads us to give up the protection of the constitution for a feeling of safety. "9/11! Terrorists setting off unimaginable weapons in the centers of our cities! WMD's! Your kids could be next! Unless, of course, we keep scary people in prison forever."

I am glad to see that's no longer working.

It is indeed an encouraging sign. Let's hope that this signals a beginning of a return to a system of government based on the principles called out in our constitution, and away from one based on fear and cowardice.

The current decision was a no brainer due to the constitution. The initial decision to allow it was based on the opinion of some lawyers working for the current admistration.

Monetary Lawsuit for ignoring the rights that are protected by the constitution?. 10 yr's from now the supremes may make a final decision that counts.

>We currently have a system of government based on cowardice?

Yes. We pass laws based on fear. Our cowardice leads us to give up the protection of the constitution for a feeling of safety. "9/11! Terrorists setting off unimaginable weapons in the centers of our cities! WMD's! Your kids could be next! Unless, of course, we keep scary people in prison forever."

I am glad to see that's no longer working.

Interesting interpretation. :|

ouch ouch ouch

Hey, at least you don't hide behind a cloak of anonymity like some people here.:)

Strangely enough, I thought your name was John, not Aloysius... ;)
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

ouch ouch ouch

Strangely enough, I thought your name was John, not Aloysius... ;)

Which goes to show that I'm neither anonymous nor hiding.

But yet your name isn't in your posts or profile...it would appear that you're equally as guilty as the people you accuse of being 'anonymous'.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

But yet your name isn't in your posts or profile...it would appear that you're equally as guilty as the people you accuse of being 'anonymous'.

WRONG! My name is Kallend , it's at the top of EVERY post I make - how difficult is THAT to find? My web site is in my profile - how difficult is THAT to find? :P

>Interesting interpretation.

Good commentary on this by Gore:
-----------------------
The single most surprising new element in America's national conversation is the prominence and intensity of constant fear. Moreover, there is an uncharacteristic and persistent confusion about the sources of that fear; we seem to be having unusual difficulty in distinguishing between illusory threats and legitimate ones.

The website, I'll give you...assuming that people visit it, they would find out your name.

The rest of the information in your profile does not support your claim, however.

As much as it pains me to side with Kallend, I have to on this. One click on his website link and you'll get all the info about him you want, short of whether he wears boxers or briefs. Anyone who freely gives out that much info can't in any way, shape, or form be accused of anonimity.

... we seem to be having unusual difficulty in distinguishing between illusory threats and legitimate ones.

The same paranoia that lead to the downfall of many leaders, everyone is out to get me.
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

The website, I'll give you...assuming that people visit it, they would find out your name.

The rest of the information in your profile does not support your claim, however.

As much as it pains me to side with Kallend, I have to on this. One click on his website link and you'll get all the info about him you want, short of whether he wears boxers or briefs. Anyone who freely gives out that much info can't in any way, shape, or form be accused of anonimity.

I don't disagree, per se... but someone who had NOT clicked on his website would have no clue that his name *wasn't* Aloysious Fernackerpan, however.

It's only the mention of the website that makes him any less anonymous than anyone else w/o identifying info *in their profile*...
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

I don't disagree, per se... but someone who had NOT clicked on his website would have no clue that his name *wasn't* Aloysious Fernackerpan, however

You mean you wouldn't be able to guess that Aloysious Fernackerpan is a joke name? Seriously?

Methinks your bullshit meter needs a slight adjustment!
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

I don't disagree, per se... but someone who had NOT clicked on his website would have no clue that his name *wasn't* Aloysious Fernackerpan, however.

It's only the mention of the website that makes him any less anonymous than anyone else w/o identifying info *in their profile*...

Well, my name IS Kallend, and it's at the top of every post I make. How hard is that, even for a Texan?

Well, my name IS Kallend, and it's at the top of every post I make. How hard is that, even for a Texan?

Not hard at all, since I've been to your website and have also seen posts with people calling you by name.

I would, however, think that even an Illini could realize that, save for the website reference (that they may or may *NOT* go to), there is no information in your profile to tell them who you are.

I'd also say that PhillyKev's example (and some things that have happened to others) argue against putting TOO much personal info into profiles OR posts.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706