warpedskydiver

Document: Iran Caught Red-Handed Shipping Arms to Taliban

Well I guess I have nothing to say then. It seems everyone else already covered what the heck I was going to say.>:(>:(:P;)

So you guys agree with me that the best chocolate milk shake can be purchased at McDonalds and no where else? gawd i want one now

Na. In-N-Out. Best burgers too! Think they should change their name tho. Sat in the drive thru for 20 mins. yesterday.>:(
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

Document: USA Caught Red-Handed Shipping Arms to Taliban

http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/NSAEBB/NSAEBB57/us.html

We seem to forget that in many ways, we actually helped to put the Taliban into power by countering the Russians in their war with Afghanistan.

"CIA Funded" - in this article......does that mean money, training, weapons, or all of the above?

It's disgusting that a country would fund terrorists to fight against another country. Any country who does that should be, at the very least, be condemned by the world at large.

Oh, wait . . .

----------------------
US funds terror groups to sow chaos in Iran

Is Ollie North involved in this one?

I hope the American public refuses to buy into the same weak sales pitch again.

I second that, there is no doubt that Iran to some extent is supplying anti-US fighters in Iraq, I personally have no experience in Afghanistan so I can't say for sure either way, but some of the charges being used over here would be impossible for some piddly IED maker to put together in his house. This is going to happen regardless, there is always going to be countries that do not want to get directly engaged in a conflict with another country so they support those who have the same enemy. I just hope this isn't used as a reason to tell all the troops in Iraq to do a right face and start marchin til we run into our buddies in the Afghan mountains.

I'm halfway through my third trip over here and I have yet to run into a soldier this trip who still supports "the cause". My last two trips even when it was apparent that our reasons for being here were bullshit the majority of us here still believed that the soldiers on the ground were contributing to something good. The administration made a mess and we were here fighting to clean it up and help people. Now, not so much, when every IED you get hit by is within 500 meters of an Iraqi army checkpoint and almost all the people you kill are the ones that were working with you just a few hours before they went home and switched uniforms its time to leave.

I hope that the people back home won't let the administration send us into another no-win scenario. Even if you don't give a shit about whether or not going into Iran is what is best for the US at least care enough to not let us get sent into a fight that would be far worse than what was mounted against us when we came here. 3000 folded flags is enough, we don't need anymore, and I'm personally too close to getting out to get killed in some other god-forsaken place.

History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

Is Iran helping our enemies, probably. Is Russia helping our enemies, probably. Did America help their enemies, yes. An eye for an eye has made the whole world blind. Hopefully, not blind enough that we can't see the truth, none of this is worth World War III.
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

Dan,
In all the rhetoric you read, please know that while many of us are very much against staying in Iraq one minute longer, we are eternally grateful for your service. Keep doing what you have to do over there and hopefully we can get you home asap.

thanx for everythign guys, and we all do know that just because people don't support the war it has nothing to do with their support of the troops. it's the situation here that has made everyone lose hope. and it continues to get worse everyday. we are no longer serving a purpose here except to soak up bullets. it's bad when so many of the people i know who wanted to make a career out of the military, myself included are counting down the days til we get out. and most of us don't even have anywhere to go when we get out, we just know we don't ant to be here anymore.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

it's bad when so many of the people i know who wanted to make a career out of the military, myself included are counting down the days til we get out. and most of us don't even have anywhere to go when we get out, we just know we don't ant to be here anymore.

And here we are thirty years later....

Chin up.. I had thought of making a carreer of the military I was on track to get my degree and then a comission...but it was the military of the late 70's... after 8 years I said to hell with this.

I got out..used every last cent of my GI BILL and figured out what I wanted to do with the rest of my life. Doing pretty well since then. I suspect you will as well.:)

it's bad when so many of the people i know who wanted to make a career out of the military, myself included are counting down the days til we get out.

I hear that. I planned on staying Navy for 20 years, like my father did. After the Iranian Crisis and then our deployment to assist Iraq and all the crap that was revealed afterwards, I was very dissilusioned as to what our real purpose was. I just couldn't stay a part of something that was based on lies.

and most of us don't even have anywhere to go when we get out, we just know we don't ant to be here anymore.

You guys and girls are always welcomed in my opinion. Be safe.
"...And once you're gone, you can't come back
When you're out of the blue and into the black."
Neil Young

I got out..used every last cent of my GI BILL and figured out what I wanted to do with the rest of my life. Doing pretty well since then. I suspect you will as well.

I've got a little bit of a plan drawn up for myself, it's just going to be a rough first couple of years after I get out.

My teamamtes and I were just talking about it today though, we've got some new guys on the team and they've never even gotten to experience the "good life" that the military has to offer. I've had tons of great experiences in the military with the exception of this trip, and unfortunately the newer guys don't know any different, they think that another 16-17 years in the military is just going to be more of the same. Steering back towards the topic a little though, if we do turn East and start moving I have a feeling the military is going to have a real tough time making it's recruiting goals over the next couple years. Nothing good will come out of us rolling into Iran.

I don't even see how it could be supported logistically. Unless AAFES can preemptively move into Iran and set up a PX, internet cafe and a Pizza Hut trailor before we invade the troops would never survive:P

--Dwight D. Eisenhower

Hi GQ

Maybe we learned something from the recent past. We got all the whizz bang hi tech big $$$$ stuffd aw stuff.

Then we pick a fight that ends up being the same type of a conflict that we did 40 yr's ago (minus the draft).

Will we make the same mistake again?

Will the american public allow it?

Only History knows[:/]

Document: USA Caught Red-Handed Shipping Arms to Taliban

http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/NSAEBB/NSAEBB57/us.html

We seem to forget that in many ways, we actually helped to put the Taliban into power by countering the Russians in their war with Afghanistan.

"CIA Funded" - in this article......does that mean money, training, weapons, or all of the above?

US arming Sunnis in Iraq:

www.mercurynews.com/news/ci_6112208

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.