StickyFingaZ

Holocaust Survivor Leaving US

Holocaust Survivor Leaving US
Monday, May 02 2005 @ 03:02 PM PDT
Contributed by: Joey Picador

One of our neighbors is moving. I've been in this neighborhood for about six years now, but didn't really know them very well at all - just waves and nods, mostly.

So I heard the moving van pull up this morning. When I got home this evening I happened to spy my neighbor (he's like 85 years old - I don't know exactly, but he's old, talks and moves very slowly) standing on the sidewalk next to the van. I walked over and shook his hand, and we started talking. I asked him where he was moving, and he said, "Back to Germany."

I had been stationed in Germany for two years while in the military, so I lit up, and commented about how beautiful the country was, and inquired if he was going back because he missed it.

"No," he answered me. "I'm going back because I've seen this before." He then commenced to explain that when he was a kid, he watched with his family in fear as Hitler's government committed atrocity after atrocity, and no one was willing to say anything. He said the news refused to question the government, and the ones who did were not in the newspaper business much longer. He said good neighbors, people he had known all his life, turned against his family and other Jews, grabbing on to the hate and superiority "as if they were starved for it" (his words).

He said he was too old to see it happen right in front of his eyes again, and too old to do anything about it, so he was taking his family back to Europe on Thursday where they would be safe from George W. Bush and his neocons. He seemed resolute, but troubled, nonetheless, as if being too young on one end and too old on the other to fight what he saw happening was wearing on him.

I gotta tell you - it was chilling. I let him talk, and the whole time, my gut was churning, like I had mutated butterflies in my stomach. When he was finished, he shook my hand, gripping it really hard, until his knuckles turned white and he was shaking. He looked me in the eyes, hard, and said, "I will pray for your family and your country." He let go of my hand and hobbled away.

I have related this event to you in the hopes it will serve as a cautionary anecdote about the state of our Union, and to illustrate the path we Americans are being led down by a group of fanatics bent on global economic and military dominion. When a man who survived the fruits of fascism decides its time to leave THIS country because he's seeing the same patterns that led to the Holocaust and other Nazi horrors beginning to form here, it is time for us to recognize the underlying evil inherent in the actions of those who claim they work for all Americans, and for all mankind. And it is incumbent upon all Americans, Red and Blue, Republican and Democrat, to stop them.

Holocaust Survivor Leaves US (CLICK HERE)

Tyler
Join the sitespace migration. (CLICK HERE )

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

How To Repost A Bulletin Video. (CLICK HERE).

"Who says I am not under the direct protection of God? I am." ~Adolf Hitler

"God Wills It!"~cry of the Crusaders

"Bush resembles Moses who just crossed the River, leading his people to the Mountain and from there to the Promised Land."~Marc Craig/President’s personal minister.

"God told me to strike at al Qaida and I struck them, and then he instructed me to strike at Saddam, which I did..." George W. Bush

I am no Bush fan but I have to say that this article smells of Bullshit to me.

Having a look at the actual link http://justicefornone.com/article.php?story=20050527204356114&query=holocaustHolocaust
There is a link to other articles written by Joey Picador , one of the is titled "Bush Is No Nazi." Yeah, Right...

It all seems rather convenient that he manages to have an existing holocaust surviver who lives nearby who is moving back to Germany.

Bush is a lying cheating scumbag who has trampled over the human rights of many people but
this article sounds like the sort of thing that you will find in snopes
----------------------------------------------------------------------
If you think my attitude stinks you should smell my fingers

Yup its quite disgusting to see folks compare an administration they dislike to Hitler's regime because they disagree with government policy on some issues. You'd think the Democrat's didn't control both houses & the legislature didn't exist. If they'd spent a fraction of the time reading a relevant history book that they've spend posting on dropzone.com they'd know how ludicrous this is.

Can you imagine Hitler calling for amnesty for illegal immigrants? This is an abysmally pathetic self-serving comparrison that would be funny if it wasn't so disgusting.

A poem comes to mind. It was written by Pastor Martin Niemöller (1892–1984) about the inactivity of German intellectuals following the Nazi rise to power and the purging of their chosen targets, group after group. -wikipedia

Als die Nazis die Kommunisten holten,
habe ich geschwiegen;
ich war ja kein Kommunist.

Als sie die Sozialdemokraten einsperrten,
habe ich geschwiegen;
ich war ja kein Sozialdemokrat.

Als sie die Gewerkschafter holten,
habe ich nicht protestiert;
ich war ja kein Gewerkschafter.

Als sie mich holten,
gab es keinen mehr, der protestieren konnte.

Translation:
When the Nazis came for the communists,
I remained silent;
I was not a communist.

When they locked up the social democrats,
I remained silent;
I was not a social democrat.

When they came for the trade unionists,
I did not speak out;
I was not a trade unionist.

When they came for me,
there was no one left to speak out.

Can you imagine Hitler calling for amnesty for illegal immigrants? This is an abysmally pathetic self-serving comparrison that would be funny if it wasn't so disgusting.

Indeed. His favorite aspect of America was the closed immigration policy, specifically he cited the Johnson Act of 1921. However, Hitler *did* invite people of Germanic descent and Nordic bloodlines to become part of his empire.
Hitler additionally wrote of his admiration at the US policy to sterilize mentally ill people and the eugenics boards of the early quarter of the last century.
Unfortunately, the US would not accept Hitler's Jews either. A fairly direct tie to the Holocaust may be found in US history and our rejection of the Jews. Fortunately, the Johnson Act was repealed in 1965, just a tad late for those people.
Instead, the US has allowed unfettered immigration, resulting in high minority crime, soaring unemployment rates, reduction of wages, and decimation of the English language (Used to be one had to speak English to immigrate).
All that said, I take personal responsibility that my ancestors didn't enact better immigration controls.

But all parallels drawn, I think that the "in-common" column between George W. Bush and Adolf Hitler would have more plus marks than the "not-in-common" column comparisons, even if they're not entirely on the same side of immigration reform.
Oh wait! Until the GOP realized the size of the Hispanic voting bloc, they WERE on the same side...

Do you know of any Bush Youth groups for kids? Gotta get them raised right so they can be prepared to be good troopers in his wars of uh... liberation....supporting freedom....crusades... or whatever he will be calling them next week.

All that said, I take personal responsibility that my ancestors didn't enact better immigration controls.

Love it!:D:D:D
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

A poem comes to mind. It was written by Pastor Martin Niemöller (1892–1984) about the inactivity of German intellectuals following the Nazi rise to power and the purging of their chosen targets, group after group. -wikipedia

So which groups have been purged in the US?

Bush has been in the White House for almost six and a half years. How does the current climate compare to the six and a half year mark of Hilter's tenure?

I'd really like someone to show the similarities between present-day US and June 1939 Germany.

We have far too many here in this country UNWILLING to see the paralells. Those who have not learned from history are indeed doomed to repeat it.[:/]

I agree, we need to learn from history. Lesson, not everything from Nazi Germany was bad. Lesson, America has several similarities to Nazi Germany. Lesson, America has several differences to Nazi Germany. Lesson, there exist countries with more similarities and less differences to Nazi Germany than America. Lesson, ...
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

"Bush resembles Moses who just crossed the River, leading his people to the Mountain and from there to the Promised Land."~Marc Craig/President’s personal minister.

"God told me to strike at al Qaida and I struck them, and then he instructed me to strike at Saddam, which I did..." George W. Bush

Many leaders have done things in the name of God ... this means very little in comparing America to Nazi Germany.
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

I cannot think of a single great and/or decent leader that has invoked the name of god as a personal protector and familiar in the process of engaging an enemy in war, that has been a decent human being.
Doesn't mean they don't exist, just that I cannot come up with a name.
Saying "God bless America" is very different from "God is at my side, and God wants me to do this."
FWIW, in my daily life, doesn't matter what I'm doing, or whom I may be doing it for. When "God supports this" or "God is with us on this project" comes into the mix, I walk away immediately. That sort of delusional behavior is one that I've learned to avoid at all costs. Nothing good can come of it. And I'm not a politician. I have no need to be politically correct, and rarely am.

The inclusion of 'god' in a political statement is nothing more than an attempt to justify actions that cannot be justified, IMO.

Are you going to actually READ it this time????

I doubt it.

http://www.oldamericancentury.org/14pts.htm

I've read before and I scanned it this time.

It sure does sound a lot like the US in the 1940s. How'd that play out?

It's pretty easy to make general comparisons when you overlook the magnitude of such comparisons.

I have a mild cold right now. You know... sore throat, runny nose. Technically, I'm ailing... and so are people infected with HIV, but trying equate the two as being similar would be offensive and just plain stupid.

What has occurred in the US that is on par with "Operation Hummingbird", the Nuremberg Rallies or the Kristallnacht?

That about sums it up.

There must be a good trade in the special stores for those NEO-CON Blinders..... and with just a little effort they put the fingers in the ears...... and going NANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANA

And all those troublesome issues seem to go away.

Third hand hearsay, that has been refuted by people present when Bush allegedly made that claim.

I believe it. :S

Did anyone else read this article on the 2004 election:

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/10432334/was_the_2004_election_stolen

It's VERY difficult (nearly impossible) to read that article and not conclude that the 2004 election was tampered with. Can a few repubs read the whole thing and respond? I'm curious as to how you explain all of that?

--------------------------
Chuck Norris doesn't do push-ups, he pushes the Earth down.

It's VERY difficult (nearly impossible) to read that article and not conclude that the 2004 election was tampered with. Can a few repubs read the whole thing and respond? I'm curious as to how you explain all of that?

Fingers in ears and NANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANA

see/// no problem