StickyFingaZ

Holocaust Survivor Leaving US

BDS much?

You (and several other posters heres) have such a hate-on for Bush that you'll grab ANYTHING that makes him or the Republicans look bad, all the while blindly ignoring the fact that the Democrats are just as bad, or worse.

I don't hate the man. I hate what he has done to what used to be the shining ideal of a country and am quite suspicious about the personal integrity and motives of those who could support such actions.

Some are merely functioning on the level of rabid support their favorite sports team. Some are much darker.
-----------------------
"O brave new world that has such people in it".

Some are merely functioning on the level of rabid support their favorite sports team.

Let me guess. You're one of those who gets up and leaves the stadium in the third quarter because the team that you are rooting for is down by six points and you just can't see any way that they can catch up.

Of course, you use the excuse that you just want to avoid the traffic.[:/]

Some are merely functioning on the level of rabid support their favorite sports team.

Let me guess. You're one of those who gets up and leaves the stadium in the third quarter because the team that you are rooting for is down by six points and you just can't see any way that they can catch up.

Of course, you use the excuse that you just want to avoid the traffic.[:/]

I rest my case.
-----------------------
"O brave new world that has such people in it".

Cue Monty Python voices - Run away, silly moonbats! Run away!

Silly Neo-Con.....more PA's dont help the discussion...

Neither does ducking the issue.

I'd still like someone to show the similarities between present-day US and June 1939 Germany!!!

You know... a direct comparison between actual circumstances in the presentday U.S., to Germany in 1939.

Here ya go I'm sure you'll disagree with every link on there, but at least here is a list of comparisons and links to dozens of comparisons, books, articles, and opinions.

No disagreement, but definitely a case of information overload.

Where specifically is there a direct comparison between actual circumstances in the presentday U.S., to Germany in 1939?

Providing links like the one above is kind of like pointing someone to a set of Encyclopedias in lieu of presenting a valid, supported premise.

Too Bad your team ...

This is part of your problem (and many other Americans) ... THERE ARE NO TEAMS! How is America suppose to progress when there exists people who believe that there are different teams and only one team can win?
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

This is part of your problem (and many other Americans) ... THERE ARE NO TEAMS! How is America suppose to progress when there exists people who believe that there are different teams and only one team can win?

This is indeed part of your problemn because IT IS WHA IT IS.... if you cant see that then the problem lies with reality..

ANYTHING to WIN.... Even the owner of DIEBOLD knows that.

This is indeed part of your problemn because IT IS WHA IT IS.... if you cant see that then the problem lies with reality..

ANYTHING to WIN.... Even the owner of DIEBOLD knows that.

Is it reality, sure. But it is reality that we can change. Glad to see your doing your part. :S
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

I'd still like someone to show the similarities between present-day US and June 1939 Germany!!!

You know... a direct comparison between actual circumstances in the presentday U.S., to Germany in 1939.

Here ya go I'm sure you'll disagree with every link on there, but at least here is a list of comparisons and links to dozens of comparisons, books, articles, and opinions.

Where specifically is there a direct comparison between actual circumstances in the presentday U.S., to Germany in 1939?

Providing links like the one above is kind of like pointing someone to a set of Encyclopedias in lieu of presenting a valid, supported premise.

There is this thing, apparently not too popular any longer, but it's called "Reading."
Click a link related to the subject you'd like to know/learn more about.
Read the words that accompany the link.
You'll find what you're looking for there, I promise. You might not like it, but it's all there, mostly in black and white, except some of the pages are blue/white.

There is this thing, apparently not too popular any longer, but it's called "Reading."
You'll find what you're looking for there, I promise. You might not like it, but it's all there, mostly in black and white, except some of the pages are blue/white.

DUDE that requires effort.. its so much easier to just put their fingers in their ears and go NANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANA..............with things that they do not want to hear...or know about.... anything that does not fit their world view.

Taking it a step further, one could offer the following as sufficient proof. A needle in a haystack indeed.

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLD,GGLD:2004-27,GGLD:en&q=bush+hitler+nazism+1939

DUDE that requires effort.. its so much easier to just put their fingers in their ears and go NANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANA..............with things that they do not want to hear...or know about.... anything that does not fit their world view.

In other words, it's okay to specious claims and then put the onus on others to refute or deny such claims and then accuse them of sticking their heads in the sand if they don't take your bait.:S

"Specious claims?" What planet are you living on?
[edit] Uncle.B| I give up on this one. A subject on which Time Magazine, CNN, political commentators, comedians, satirists, Saturday Night Live, political cartoonists, and at least a percentage of the world's population have made reference to is "specious" in your view? Wow. I'm stunned. You might not agree, but to call it "specious?" [:/]
Your signature says it all, an explains why Bush is still in office, and how Hitler rose to power.

"a large portion of voters are kneejerking simpletons, easily distracted by shiny things and yelling"

The claims made on the page you link to contain some stretches of the truth, no doubt. I indicated some of the 50+ links I provided aren't exactly entirely factual either. What about the remaining 95%? The page you link to has a lot of truth, just that it's heavy on the rhetoric and bending of truth. Like most tales, it is indeed founded upon truths.

So, you've now found a page that was created by a nutjob. How does that stack up against the Post, Times, Journal, Tribune, CNN, MSNBC, and many other media sources? You still think it's "specious?
A huge percentage of the world has an opinion and you feel their speculating?
I guess faith once again prevails over reason and rationality.

That site is equally as disgusting as some ultra-right, white supremacy site.

Based on comments on the popular liberal forums, the glee and death wishes over Tony Snow's cancer, Cheney's pacemaker, etc, etc... it wouldn't surprise me much at all if it were a popular site with the far left.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Exhibit some before you claim the high ground.

Hmmm....so according to you, I should not only be "ashamed" of my opinion, but I should also be religious in order to be permitted that opinion?
Nice.:S[:/]

"Who says I am not under the direct protection of God? I am." ~Adolf Hitler

"God Wills It!"~cry of the Crusaders

"Bush resembles Moses who just crossed the River, leading his people to the Mountain and from there to the Promised Land."~Marc Craig/President’s personal minister.

"God told me to strike at al Qaida and I struck them, and then he instructed me to strike at Saddam, which I did..." George W. Bush

Can anyone provide a credible source for the above George Bush quote?

Hmmm....so according to you, I should not only be "ashamed" of my opinion, but I should also be religious in order to be permitted that opinion?

Wrong, I was talking about "reason and rationality". Quit wallowing in your persecution complex. You're the one saying Bush is like Hitler then claiming opposition to your shameful view is faith based.

"God told me to strike at al Qaida and I struck them, and then he instructed me to strike at Saddam, which I did..." George W. Bush

Washington Post

The Guardian (UK newspaper)

Calcutta Telegraph

San Francisco Chronical

Hank Roth

Iran Daily

There are hundreds of references to this, some quoting Tony Blair, some quoting the translators, some quoting Prime Minister Abbas. They're all saying the same thing. Bush's spinmeisters claim the quote is out of context. It's certainly possible. Bush lets a lot of weird things slip through his lips.

Washington Post

Calcutta Telegraph

San Francisco Chronical

Hank Roth

Iran Daily

There are hundreds of references to this, some quoting Tony Blair, some quoting the translators, some quoting Prime Minister Abbas. They're all saying the same thing. Bush's spinmeisters claim the quote is out of context. It's certainly possible. Bush lets a lot of weird things slip through his lips.

Thanks for the info.

Is there anyone her that takes exception to this??

The claims made on the page you link to contain some stretches of the truth, no doubt. I indicated some of the 50+ links I provided aren't exactly entirely factual either. What about the remaining 95%?

I checked out the first 10 links. Two were dead. Several were only about Germany of the 30s and 40s. None came close to addressing my query.

95 per cent? Not hardly. How about 0 for 10?:o

The page you link to has a lot of truth, just that it's heavy on the rhetoric and bending of truth. Like most tales, it is indeed founded upon truths.

The Nazis called this propaganda. Rush Limbaugh does the same.

Are such embellishments okay if they support your thinking?

So, you've now found a page that was created by a nutjob. How does that stack up against the Post, Times, Journal, Tribune, CNN, MSNBC, and many other media sources?

Tell you what, ... you provide stories by the above outlets and I'll check them out. Don't try using them to excuse the posting of an extremist website.

You still think it's "specious?
A huge percentage of the world has an opinion and you feel their speculating?

Lovely. An obvious non sequitur, followed by a bogus personal attact.

Fine bit of critical thinking, indeed.

Washington Post

Calcutta Telegraph

San Francisco Chronical

Hank Roth

Iran Daily

Those sources only reference Abbas claiming as much. He said - he said. They're only reporting what Abbas claimed.

Your assertion that Tony Blair also claimed Bush made that statement is complete and utter BULLSHIT!!!

Feel free to prove me wrong. And please don't post up some whackjob website, claiming that it's in there... and that all I have to do is cull through the 50+ links.

It's about critical thinking.:P

... and actually backing up your claims.

Was it Mark Twain who said "It's better to keep your mouth shut and have people think you a fool, than open it and remove all doubt"?

Washington Post

Calcutta Telegraph

San Francisco Chronical

Hank Roth

Iran Daily

OK: The Washington Post article is a legitimate news article. The UK article did not mention that it was subject to the accuracy of the translation. The rest were editorials.

The W.P. article admits that it all depends on the accuracy of the translation. As a student of Mandarin, I can tell you that you can't always get an exact translation, especially between two such dissimilar languages.

Even so, it's second hand information, at best.

As far as the story in the original post: I don't believe it. Even if it's true, the guy that was moving was wrong. It makes a catchy, poignant story, but it's silly.

I'll tell you what we should all be afraid of. That's our lack capacity for critical thinking.