rushmc

More Proof GWing Alarmists are Running Out of Time

You really need to stop believing everything you read linked to by Drudge and especially when it links to anything associated with Inhofe.

Inhofe is a shill for the oil companies and appointed by pawns of the oil companies.

What he is doing with U.S. Government funds is criminal negligence.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

You really need to stop believing everything you read linked to by Drudge and especially when it links to anything associated with Inhofe.
Bogus assumption on your part. Nice try.;)

Inhofe is a shill for the oil companies and appointed by pawns of the oil companies.

While you may be right, it doesn't change the fact that...

more than a few "darlings" of the movement are reconsidering their position

Cheers. B|

> More than a few "darlings" of the movement are reconsidering their position.

Indeed they are. Heck, even Bush is starting to accept that it's a problem.

You mean he's not just playing politics... responding to the latest polls... trying to boost his horribly low approval numbers??? :o

Yeah. That's the ticket.

So it's simply a "coincidence" that the exact same link with your paraphrased "headline" is currently on the Drudge web site?

Yeah . . . I believe you. Really.
quade -

>You mean he's not just playing politics... responding to the latest
>polls... trying to boost his horribly low approval numbers???

He may well be. But his actions (if he follows through) will result in some positive moves towards reducing our CO2 emissions. So if you think one's actions proceed from one's understanding, then he is starting to accept it as a problem.

>You mean he's not just playing politics... responding to the latest
>polls... trying to boost his horribly low approval numbers???

He may well be. But his actions (if he follows through) will result in some positive moves towards reducing our CO2 emissions. So if you think one's actions proceed from one's understanding, then he is starting to accept it as a problem.

You mean he is doing his JOB? The head of a democracy is listening to the overwhelming voice of the people?? I think this may be a first for Bush. How long did it take? 6 years?

> More than a few "darlings" of the movement are reconsidering their position.

Another group reconsidering their position:

---------
Petroleum Geologists Association changing its climate change tune
16 May 07

It seems that the American Association of Petroleum Geologists is softening its former hard-line stance on global warming.

A new proposed position paper on their site contains a lukewarm acknowledgment of the role human activity and greenhouse gas emissions from fossil fuels plays in the present warming. They state:

"Humans, simply by virtue of the size of the world's population, represent a new agent of change through our significant modifications related to land use, urbanization, industrial activity, and through changes in atmospheric composition related to fuel combustion and deforestation."
--------

I expect a scathing denunciation from the deniers who once considered these geologists their allies in their campaign against science.

So it's simply a "coincidence" that the exact same link with your paraphrased "headline" is currently on the Drudge web site?

No coincidence. Drudge is where I found the story. That has no bearing on your claim that I believe everything that is linked to by Drudge, especially when the link goes to another Drudge page. Those little teasers have a tendancy of disappearing.

You are quite right, the GWing alarmists will sometime soon be put in their place.
The scientists in the meantime will refine their models, adjust their predictions and we will get to the point where we can show :-
1) Any reduction on our current CO2 emissions will have very little impact in the global temperature
2) The planet is not 5 years away from disaster (your article quoted a non- scientist)
3) alternative energy sources to fossil fuels are required, with or without GWing
4) we should direct our financial and technological resources towards new energy sources and to protect the population from the effects of climate change
Dave

Fallschirmsport Marl

The scientists in the meantime will refine their models, adjust their predictions and we will get to the point where we can show :

If I read this right, you're saying you have more reliable information than "the scientists" and they'll eventually come to understand what you already know.

Can you explain how you came by your conclusion?

First Class Citizen Twice Over

I can only say that this is the impression I got when reading realclimate.org. Are they not scientists?

They admit that they really are a bit in the dark when trying guess what affect the current warming will have on things such as rainfall , storms and such.

With each IPCC report, the amount of warming due is reduced. It seems obvious to me eventually the alarmist nature of press will in the end have to adhere to what the people at RC are saying.
Dave

Fallschirmsport Marl

I can only say that this is the impression I got when reading realclimate.org.

Ah. You browse a blog. Given that, I now see that you're definitely qualified to announce that "the scientists" will eventually refine their investigative methods until they come to agree with you.

Got it.

First Class Citizen Twice Over

I think you may have missed the point of the article.

Not really, just making my own.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Now this is a claim you should be asked to prove

What he is doing with U.S. Government funds is criminal negligence.

Abraham Lincoln

More Proof GWing Alarmists are Running Out of Time...

Is this an example of how you would like other people to use the word "proof"?

Using hyperbole to address hysteria seems fitting. ;)
:D:)
Abraham Lincoln

I can only say that this is the impression I got when reading realclimate.org.

Ah. You browse a blog. Given that, I now see that you're definitely qualified to announce that "the scientists" will eventually refine their investigative methods until they come to agree with you.

Got it.

That just shows that you are not very informed in this debate.
Dave

Fallschirmsport Marl

Now this is a claim you should be asked to prove

Piffle.

Look at who appointed him . . .
Look at who his major contributors are . . .
Look at his voting record . . .

Done.

Classic case of fox guarding the henhouse.
quade -