NCclimber

At least 20 killed at Virginia Tech

Ladies and Gentlemen... meet your school nutter...

http://wanusmaximus.livejournal.com/?REFER=xanga_redirect

Holy fucking shit.

That is scary.. did you just search for that and find it yourself, or did some news media link to that guys profile as a suspect?

"Life is a temporary victory over the causes which induce death." - Sylvester Graham

Holy fucking shit.

That is scary.. did you just search for that and find it yourself, or did some news media link to that guys profile as a suspect?

It's just been put up on another forum i go on.... comes from a reputable site

Looks like he was going to go postal sooner or later B|

Getting rid of guns would be a huge step in the right direction.

It certainly will not stop/prevent all future mass homicide attempts (which I never indicated but all of you pro-gun-pro-easy-murder-folks assumed that I did) but it will definitely make it more difficult to stage this type of event.

Of course you can kill people in other ways.. but I do not see that there is ever the need to have a handgun that is reloaded quickly. (As the type that was used today was.)

For all you folks who say you need your handgun/semi-automatic weapons to protect yourself.. give me a fucking break. I don't feel safe with you clowns having guns!!!!!!!!!!!! I want your guns gone in order to protect myself! Why should you have the right to own a weapon of the nature that was used today?

I think you have no right whatsoever.

"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

You lose.
Illinois needs a CCW Law. NOW.

For all you folks who say you need your handgun/semi-automatic weapons to protect yourself.. give me a fucking break. I don't feel safe with you clowns having guns!!!!!!!!!!!! I want your guns gone in order to protect myself! Why should you have the right to own a weapon of the nature that was used today?

Well, you're not a member of the Supreme Court, so what you think is worth not so much. Our guns being gone won't increase your safety more than a fraction. Might decrease it.

Nature of the weapon used? Purportedly it's a .22 and a 9mm. These aren't exactly Dirty Harry or Rambo guns.

Congratulations, you were just the first to whore the deaths of the innocent to advance your own political preference. I'm sure you're very proud of yourself.

Negative. That honor goes to an anti-gun person, Andy9o8, in message #12:
"It's scary to think that he might have single-handedly killed so many more if he'd been armed with a knife instead."

Fair do's then, make that the second.

Great.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

an anti-gun person, Andy9o8

John, you clearly have ignored all my posts on the gun issue in many, many gun threads... I tend to play the ball, and not the player.

The ball you started playing here was an anti-gun ball, implying that if there was a gun ban in effect, that then murderers would have only knives with which to kill, thereby reducing the death toll.

And that is not true.

It certainly will not stop/prevent all future mass homicide attempts

Nope not even close. People will use bombs, knives whatever.

Of course you can kill people in other ways.. but I do not see that there is ever the need to have a handgun that is reloaded quickly.

There is no need to skydive either. But you CHOOSE to skydive as some people choose to have a gun that can be reloaded. There is also no reason why a car should be able to go 100 MPH, but people choose to have them as well. Alcohol causes many problems, but people still choose to drink.

Would you ban: Skydiving, Guns, Cars that do over 75, and Alcohol to save people?

For all you folks who say you need your handgun/semi-automatic weapons to protect yourself.. give me a fucking break. I don't feel safe with you clowns having guns!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am not now, nor have I ever been a clown. Not even had my face painted as a kid. Amazingly none of my guns has ever killed anyone either.

I don't feel safe having people like you make rules for ME. Ever even shot a firearm?

I think you have no right whatsoever

And I think you have no right whatsoever to tell me what I am allowed to do or not. Think about all the lives we could save by banning tabacco and alcohol.

Also think about how well the alcohol ban worked when it was tried.

You don't like people having guns? Can I suggest moving?

For all you folks who say you need your handgun/semi-automatic weapons to protect yourself.. give me a fucking break. I don't feel safe with you clowns having guns!!!!!!!!!!!! I want your guns gone in order to protect myself!

Another group of people would say: "For all you folks who want to ban guns, I wouldn't feel safe without mine. You have no right to make me feel unsafe, just so that you will feel safe."

(Notice how I made my statement without all the emotional, biased, language?)

So now we have a draw on that kind of logic. Whatcha gonna do with that? Allow the anti-gunners to override the pro-gunners (and the 2nd Amendment)?

And that's what would happen if we allow emotional, illogical and uninformed people (not referring to you) to start depriving us of our rights, in some vain wish to make themselves feel more safe.

It certainly will not stop/prevent all future mass homicide attempts (which I never indicated but all of you pro-gun-pro-easy-murder-folks assumed that I did) but it will definitely make it more difficult to stage this type of event.

Of course you can kill people in other ways.. but I do not see that there is ever the need to have a handgun that is reloaded quickly. (As the type that was used today was.)

Criminals own guns illegally. The laws do not stop them, Nor will any new law make it difficult to get. Gun laws disarm the peaceful, law abiding citizen, no one else.

I am not a criminal. I am entitled to defend myself. My guns are legally acquired and owned.

I do not use my guns in an offensive capacity. Defense only. I pose no threat to you, nor do any who share this practice. You have no case. You are appealing to emotion, not logic or the law. You have no argument.

You will have to put a bullet in my head before you get my guns.

"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

You lose.

Umm... you quote what.. the constitution.. and it disagrees with me.. so I lose?

I don't consider any document sacred. Everything can be debated.

"Life is a temporary victory over the causes which induce death." - Sylvester Graham

You lose.

Umm... you quote what.. the constitution.. and it disagrees with me.. so I lose?

Yes. You lose.

Except that it's impossible. The only people that banning guns would affect is the people that legally own them, which wouldn't do any good anyway.

Have any evidence the back that up, or just making assumptions?

Have you even ever fired a gun?

For all you folks who say you need your handgun/semi-automatic weapons to protect yourself.. give me a fucking break.

Well, the cops sure aren't going to protect me, and you can't stop criminals from getting guns. Got a better means of defense than a firearm?

If someone breaks into my house in the middle of the night am I just supposed to dial 911 and throw the phone at them? Wait for them to decide if they want to kill me?

My goal is not to be a victim.

I don't feel safe with you clowns having guns!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't feel safe with you clowns making laws.

I want your guns gone in order to protect myself! Why should you have the right to own a weapon of the nature that was used today?

My guns have never hurt anyone. I want criminals gone so I don't have to protect myself. Until that happens, I'll keep my guns.

Umm... you quote what.. the constitution.. and it disagrees with me.. so I lose? I don't consider any document sacred. Everything can be debated.

You don't even seem to recognize a well-known quote from the Bill of Rights, and yet you want to tell 260-million Americans that they can't own guns?

Yes, you lose.

You can debate all you want, but if you want to enforce your personal gun ban on everyone else, then ask your legislators to call a Constitutional Convention for the purpose of revoking the 2nd Amendment, and see what happens.

I don't consider any document sacred. Everything can be debated

What other parts would you get rid of?

Well, if she's going to confiscate all our guns, then that darned 4th Amendment is going to have to go too. So now, already the Bill of Rights would be down 20%...

Not sure if this really is the guy; reading through the comments, there seems to be some indication there was a post made, and then deleted...

If it is the same guy, here's another page on LJ for him.

And the ATF is saying he is not a student at the school; he used a .22 and a 9mm, with the serial numbers obliterated. Bomb scares of last week are being investigated for connection, as a "test" to see response times.

God speed to all those murdered today; and may all your souls rest in peace.

Ciels-
Michele

Edit Latest news is that he was a 24 y/o Chinese on a student visa, but not a student at VT. He shot himself in the face, disfiguging himself, and thus the identity is not easily confirmed. He apparently came into the country sometime last year.

I am thinking that the linked LJ is NOT the shooter, as there is indication that he is a younger guy, a registered/licensed gun collector, and is not in the country on a student visa (I think he went to HS in this country, as far as I can fathom).

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

You've never been hurt by a gun owned by anyone on this board. You've never been threatened by a gun owned by anyone on this board. Who are YOU to tell us what rights we do and don't have? What gives you the right to tell us that we don't have the right to own guns? Do you think you can assume the power to dictate our rights simply because the idea of us owning guns scares you? Maybe the idea of you and 30,000 of your friends hurtling toward the earth at 120 mph every weekend scares me. Your baseless fear doesn't negate our rights.

You see no need to have a handgun that is reloaded quickly because you live in a bubble. In your naivety, you assume that your twenty-four years in late twentieth century/early twenty-first century America--most likely growing up in a white, middle class family--are all encompassing. You lack a sufficient grasp of the threats the human race has faced throughout history and the threats we may face in the future. You've never known a life where you weren't relatively safe, and you're shortsighted enough to think you never will.

It's always easier to feel anger than grief. It's easier to find somebody or something to blame (dead gunmen make lousy targets for anger) than accept that bad things happen to good people and deal with our pain. Blaming the guns is easier than accepting that life is uncertain. After all, the understanding that life is uncertain is the line of thinking that usually leads to buying a gun.
I don't have an M.D. or a law degree. I have bachelor's in kicking ass and taking names.

Will you all knock off this "school rivalry" bullshit so that we can continue the discussion of the topic at hand? Thank you.

Yea climb off the pile of corpses, you're crowding Douva out up there.

Do I need to repeat myself?

Your hasty and sickening mountaineering expedition to the top of the the pile of corpses at VT makes your attempt to arbitrate posting etiquette in this thread one of the more twisted things I've seen in SC.

Your hasty and sickening mountaineering expedition to the top of the the pile of corpses at VT makes your attempt to arbitrate posting etiquette in this thread one of the more twisted things I've seen in SC.

Very melodramatic and non-sequitor of you...

I wonder whether he blew away his ex.

I wonder whether kitkatku11, who joked "please don't shoot me *raises hands up* " got blown away.

And was it that 0.40 brazilian?

Assuming, of course, that this was the nutter.