quade

I'm not even sure I know how to react to this.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20070328/wl_mideast_afp/arabsummitdiplomacy_070328121015

1) King and Bush family go way back are good buddies.
2) Son of an honored Saudi millionair and other Saudis plot against U.S. Fly planes into buildings and is still at large.
3) GWB initially chases Son of millionair for a short period then backs off.
4) GWB invades Iraq on completely separate issue, but tells us it's related to Son of millionair.
5) King and GWB last seen together holding hands. This is not figurative speech, btw.
6) This statement.

What's next?

7) Prepare for Armageddon?
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Some of that strikes me as nothing more than rhetoric, but some of it may not be so bad depending on how Saudi Arabia "re-exerts" itself.

If the royal family can stabilize their home, Saudi Arabia could take a new lead in the region. However, until they make new reforms in their own backyard, their influence on the region will not be very effective in my view.

As to the relations of he family with a certain individual, that individual's family, disowned him before the Gulf War in 1991.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

As to the relations of he family with a certain individual, that individual's family, disowned him before the Gulf War in 1991.

And yet still continue to support him by funneling him cash, so . . . from what I can see the Son, the Millionair, all his family as well as the Royal family are all still at least vaguely joined financially. Sons of the King himself have been traced funneling money to him.

I just do not get it other than the oil connection and if that's the case, it simply stinks.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

And yet still continue to support him by funneling him cash, so . . . from what I can see the Son, the Millionair, all his family as well as the Royal family are all still at least vaguely joined financially. Sons of the King himself have been traced funneling money to him.

I just do not get it other than the oil connection and if that's the case, it simply stinks.

OBL had his funds locked tightly away before he left for Afghanistan. For lingering family ties financially, I've not been following any news about it. However, Saudi Arabia did dig its own hole when it started funding some of the hyper-radical Islamic teachings as the family started gobbling more and more of the family fortune and hand-outs to the masses dried up.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

>7) Prepare for Armageddon?

Or 7) prepare for Saudi Arabia to take a bigger role in stabilizing Iraq. I'd be all for that. Methinks the best reply to this would be to say "we'd welcome a contingent of, say, 25,000 peacekeepers from your country."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20070328/wl_mideast_afp/arabsummitdiplomacy_070328121015

1) King and Bush family go way back are good buddies.
2) Son of an honored Saudi millionair and other Saudis plot against U.S. Fly planes into buildings and is still at large.
3) GWB initially chases Son of millionair for a short period then backs off.
4) GWB invades Iraq on completely separate issue, but tells us it's related to Son of millionair.
5) King and GWB last seen together holding hands. This is not figurative speech, btw.
6) This statement.

What's next?

7) Prepare for Armageddon?

You bring up some good points. SA is more of a danger to the US than most know. That country is the one exporting the brand of religion that wants to kill all the non-believers. They are the biggest exporter of this shit.

If there is something going on here that shows a danger to the US I would join the crew to run him straight to prison.

Need to keep watching
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

This was all brought up by MM in Fahrenheit 911 - and trust me I hate to use the word MM as because he's pretty scewed in how he presents things. Still, this was addressed then.....

I finally watched that movie, knowing I would hate it. I only watched it because I wanted to truthfully say I saw it before bashing it. To my astonishment, I must recommend it. Everything MM brings up is corroborated and more, by ex-CIA agent Robert Baer in the books "See No Evil", and "Sleeping with the Enemy".
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

>7) Prepare for Armageddon?

Or 7) prepare for Saudi Arabia to take a bigger role in stabilizing Iraq. I'd be all for that. Methinks the best reply to this would be to say "we'd welcome a contingent of, say, 25,000 peacekeepers from your country."

Based on the current sectarian events in Iraq, I can not imagine a major Sunni military force being welcome for very long in Iraq.

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

>I can not imagine a major Sunni military force being welcome for very long in Iraq.

The issue is not whether they will be welcomed with open arms, but whether they will be more welcome than americans. The devil you know or the devil you don't? Never an easy question.