Lucky...

The Repuglican Party continues to be a hypocritical joke

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070309/ap_on_go_co/gingrich_affair_5

Gingrich had affair during Clinton probe By BEN EVANS, Associated Press Writer
1 hour, 40 minutes ago

Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich acknowledged he was having an extramarital affair even as he led the charge against President Clinton over the Monica Lewinsky affair, he acknowledged in an interview with a conservative Christian group.

"The honest answer is yes," Gingrich, a potential 2008 Republican presidential candidate, said in an interview with Focus on the Family founder James Dobson to be aired Friday, according to a transcript provided to The Associated Press. "There are times that I have fallen short of my own standards. There's certainly times when I've fallen short of God's standards."

Gingrich argued in the interview, however, that he should not be viewed as a hypocrite for pursuing Clinton's infidelity.

"The president of the United States got in trouble for committing a felony in front of a sitting federal judge," the former Georgia congressman said of Clinton's 1998 House impeachment on perjury and obstruction of justice charges. "I drew a line in my mind that said, 'Even though I run the risk of being deeply embarrassed, and even though at a purely personal level I am not rendering judgment on another human being, as a leader of the government trying to uphold the rule of law, I have no choice except to move forward and say that you cannot accept ... perjury in your highest officials."

Widely considered a mastermind of the Republican revolution that swept Congress in the 1994 elections, Gingrich remains wildly popular among many conservatives. He has repeatedly placed near the top of Republican presidential polls recently, even though he has not formed a campaign.

Gingrich has said he is waiting to see how the Republican field shapes up before deciding in the fall whether to run.

Reports of extramarital affairs have dogged him for years as a result of two messy divorces, but he has refused to discuss them publicly.

Gingrich, who frequently campaigned on family values issues, divorced his second wife, Marianne, in 2000 after his attorneys acknowledged Gingrich's relationship with his current wife, Callista Bisek, a former congressional aide more than 20 years younger than he is.

His first marriage, to his former high school geometry teacher, Jackie Battley, ended in divorce in 1981. Although Gingrich has said he doesn't remember it, Battley has said Gingrich discussed divorce terms with her while she was recuperating in the hospital from cancer surgery.

Gingrich married Marianne months after the divorce.

"There were times when I was praying and when I felt I was doing things that were wrong. But I was still doing them," he said in the interview. "I look back on those as periods of weakness and periods that I'm ... not proud of."

Gingrich's congressional career ended in 1998 when he abruptly resigned from Congress after poor showings from Republicans in elections and after being reprimanded by the House ethics panel over charges that he used tax-exempt funding to advance his political goals.

___

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Name them all, Haggert and Gingrich, who else has been from teh right and shoved this pseudo morality down our faces, then to be discovered they are worse than the supposed Dems at fuckin behind closed doors.

Repugs = major joke

Clinton got a blow job. Gingrich got a blow job. I even got a blow job. But of the three only Clinton lied to a grand jury about it. It is the fact that he lied that matters, not what he lied about.

I wonder what would happen if the dems understood that. They'd have to find something else to complain about (and there really are plenty of valid things to pitch a fit about). Lies matter; blow jobs don't (well, in the grand scheme at least...).

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

Do I agree with the fact that he had an affair? No. Should there have been that much time and effort spent on revealing the whole thing? No! Yes it was wrong that he lied, but the fact that so much was put into the damn thing. I mean there are much better reasons to spend the time and money on impeaching a president than him getting some head and staining a dress. Maybe us dems wouldn't bitch so much if the republicans didn't give us so many reasons to.

Edit: Lies matter to republicans? Could've fooled me. Maybe they only matter when they aren't the ones that are lying.
Sky Canyon Wingsuiters

You can find the same sort of hypocrisy in both parties. Right now the majority of criminals/bribetakers/officials under investigation are republicans just because over the past decade or so they've had more opportunity (and greater numbers) to get into mischief. I am sure that in a few years the democrats will rally and find just as many ways to look like idiots that the GOPers have.

I guess it is a vicious cycle that takes the American people and many times the world on a nice roller coaster ride. History has shown that largely when the democrats are the majority in government, America grows economically. Now the people that have been in power for some time (Republicans) will argue that the economy has been growing. Then why is education suffering? Why has there been such a scare over the growth of outsourcing? Republicans historically have advocated for small government, but look at how much government has gotten involved in things where they previously did not tread.
Sky Canyon Wingsuiters

Clinton got a blow job. Gingrich got a blow job. I even got a blow job. But of the three only Clinton lied to a grand jury about it. It is the fact that he lied that matters, not what he lied about.

AND he obstructed justic by asking another to file a false avidavit and then lied about that.

But only R's are hypocrits:S
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Do I agree with the fact that he had an affair? No. Should there have been that much time and effort spent on revealing the whole thing? No! Yes it was wrong that he lied, but the fact that so much was put into the damn thing. I mean there are much better reasons to spend the time and money on impeaching a president than him getting some head and staining a dress. Maybe us dems wouldn't bitch so much if the republicans didn't give us so many reasons to.

Maybe I'm the exception, but part of the of whole Clinton-Lewinski scandal that really chapped me was Clinton's unscheduled, national address to go on the record, to the American public, that he did not have sex with that woman... that Monica Lewinski. Until then, it was all just more of the same background noise. That address was a proclamation to the American people.

Adding salt to the wound, he let a number of his staff fall on the grenade for him, while they ran up huge legal bills.

When the blue dress story broke, it was... like...

"you lying sack of shit....
you common bastard...
vast right-wing conspiracy?
My ass!"

It was about a straight-forward betrayal to the American people.

You guys keep trying to make it solely about a little sexual indiscretion, even though that's just one part of a much larger picture.

Funny how this is ALL the Repubs can say about the Clinton admin..... and they Repubs here get tired of my debt graph as if it's insignifficant.

So lying about Iran-Contra is the same as lying about about private sex? Lying about disclosing FBI agents is teh same as lying about private sex? Must suck to be relegated to that.

Funny how this is ALL the Repubs can say about the Clinton admin.

You brought it up.:P

So lying about Iran-Contra is the same as lying about about private sex? Lying about disclosing FBI agents is teh same as lying about private sex? Must suck to be relegated to that.

Which Presidents did those things?

I wonder what would happen if the dems understood that. They'd have to find something else to complain about (and there really are plenty of valid things to pitch a fit about). Lies matter; blow jobs don't (well, in the grand scheme at least...).

Ciels-
Michele

I think the complaint is yours, ours is laughing disbelief that the Repugs would be so petty. What are the other things the Dems can pitch a fit about? I agree that there are, just wanna hear about them. See, botching about this fucked up abmin isn't the same as calling the impeachment pathetic. These are different events and I simplydo not wash them together.

Impeaching for a BJ and subsequent lie IS a joke, at least that's what the rest of the world thinks.

You can find the same sort of hypocrisy in both parties. Right now the majority of criminals/bribetakers/officials under investigation are republicans just because over the past decade or so they've had more opportunity (and greater numbers) to get into mischief. I am sure that in a few years the democrats will rally and find just as many ways to look like idiots that the GOPers have.

Both parties have liars, but they also have an MO of things they do. The Repubs lie and cheat with elections, money, etc.... hell, the 1st pres impeached was Andrew Johnson, the 2nd Repub president only so due to Lincoln's death.

The Dems have sexual affairs, th Repubs cheat and steal, that is very much the norm. Which is worse? Laughably the Repubs think the Dems are worse.

Both parties have liars, but they also have an MO of things they do. The Repubs lie and cheat with elections, money, etc.... hell, the 1st pres impeached was Andrew Johnson, the 2nd Repub president only so due to Lincoln's death.

The Dems have sexual affairs, th Repubs cheat and steal, that is very much the norm. Which is worse? Laughably the Repubs think the Dems are worse.

The only time elections seem to be "dirty" is when the Dems lose... funny thing, that... WHICH party was it that ACORN supported, again?

Which candidate was it that sold technology to the Chinese for campaign contributions, again? Who took illegal contributions from the Buddhists temples?

You keep crying 'wolf'... some folks aint buying it.

*yawn*
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Also, did you catch the thing about hipcrisy? Gingritch had teh affair as he was advocating for and obviously voted for the impeachment. Read: H-Y-P-O-C-R-I-S-Y.

Perjury = affair... got it. :S
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

I guess it is a vicious cycle that takes the American people and many times the world on a nice roller coaster ride. History has shown that largely when the democrats are the majority in government, America grows economically. Now the people that have been in power for some time (Republicans) will argue that the economy has been growing. Then why is education suffering? Why has there been such a scare over the growth of outsourcing? Republicans historically have advocated for small government, but look at how much government has gotten involved in things where they previously did not tread.

http://www.cedarcomm.com/~stevelm1/usdebt.htm

All that grows with the Repugs is debt, but they somehow have be able to pass this, tax-n-spend lie for decades. Ithink we have heard the last of that idiocy for a while as we know who the fiscal nighmares are.

AND he obstructed justic by asking another to file a false avidavit and then lied about that.

But only R's are hypocrits:S

Harm done. WHat is the harm done? Shall we talk debt, world peace, trade deficit and other important things, or is it that those things favor the Repugs?

Maybe I'm the exception, but part of the of whole Clinton-Lewinski scandal that really chapped me was Clinton's unscheduled, national address to go on the record, to the American public, that he did not have sex with that woman... that Monica Lewinski. Until then, it was all just more of the same background noise. That address was a proclamation to the American people.

Adding salt to the wound, he let a number of his staff fall on the grenade for him, while they ran up huge legal bills.

When the blue dress story broke, it was... like...

"you lying sack of shit....
you common bastard...
vast right-wing conspiracy?
My ass!"

It was about a straight-forward betrayal to the American people.

You guys keep trying to make it solely about a little sexual indiscretion, even though that's just one part of a much larger picture.

WHat we're saying is that a lie about Iran-Contra, spending, elections, etc is way, way, way more important than a lie about private sex. Furthermore, what about the lie from Haggart calling for the head sof all gays and then he's gay? WHat about Gingrich having an affair, then the next day speak about what a POS Clinton is and voting for his impeachment? It is a really sad state of affairs for the Repugs and the man who was 2nd in presidential succession. I think Pelosi has quite a bit of room after this,....... might wanna cap any BS about her after this.

When the Dems get caught in sex scandals, they claim it's no one's business. when Repubs get caught, they resign.

Dems don't cheat and steal? Abscam. Keating Five (4 of 5 were Ds). Jim Wright. House Banking Scandal (4 of 5 convictions were Dems). Travelgate. Congressional Post Office Scandal. Chinagate. Filegate. Walter Tucker. Traficant. Torricelli. William Jefferson.

You're right as always. ;)

WHat we're saying is that a lie about Iran-Contra, spending, elections, etc is way, way, way more important than a lie about private sex. Furthermore, what about the lie from Haggart calling for the head sof all gays and then he's gay? WHat about Gingrich having an affair, then the next day speak about what a POS Clinton is and voting for his impeachment? It is a really sad state of affairs for the Repugs and the man who was 2nd in presidential succession. I think Pelosi has quite a bit of room after this,....... might wanna cap any BS about her after this.

You're right...

as always. ;)

According to Ann Coulter, Scooter Libby's perjury is insignificant because the topic was insignificant. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

I even got a blow job.

You should be charged with perjury for that one. :P

What I find funny is the absolute lack of common sense I see daily from the far right.

Guy lies about a blowjob (for get that the guy leading the charge is a hypocrite fuck that I am willing to bet would have lied if he were asked at that time) gets a dress stained.

Bush (or someone in this administration I know they play the pass the blame and point the finger game all the time) lies to the whole country. There lie does not stain a dress, but has resulted in record deficit, and how many dead??? That figure is getting bigger everyday.

But still the right doesn’t get it. I mean where the fuck is your scale for bad things.

Lie about a blow job = bad

Lie about a war that cost billions, and lives = BAD

Do you get it now?
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

What I find funny is the absolute lack of common sense I see daily from the far right.

Guy lies about a blowjob (for get that the guy leading the charge is a hypocrite fuck that I am willing to bet would have lied if he were asked at that time) gets a dress stained.

Bush (or someone in this administration I know they play the pass the blame and point the finger game all the time) lies to the whole country. There lie does not stain a dress, but has resulted in record deficit, and how many dead??? That figure is getting bigger everyday.

But still the right doesn’t get it. I mean where the fuck is your scale for bad things.

Lie under oath about a blow job = bad

Lie about a war that cost billions, and lives = BAD

Do you get it now?

Fixed that for you - do YOU get it yet?
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706