Andy9o8

Should Bush pardon Scooter Libby?

>To me personally, $50K is a lot of money

Well, I was speaking for myself there.

>Why?

Why do people vote for the fun guy to have over for dinner instead of the nerdy brainiac? Same reason they watch American Idol instead of NOVA, I suppose.

It really doesn't matter whether Bush SHOULD pardon Scooter Libby or not. The POINT is that Bush will or won't pardon Libby, or anyone else, as he goddamn well pleases, because HE is "the decider", or "the decisioner", or whatever the fuck it is he's taken to calling himself. The guy can do no wrong, he's got his mind right with Jesus and that's about all there is to it.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

Should Bill have pardoned Marc Rich, among others?

No. The way presidents have used the Presidential Pardon prerogative is a joke, from either side. Get Out Of Jail Free Cards at best...

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

What do those 5,550,000 people have to do with anything?

Absolutely nothing! The US supreme court decided that in 2001.

Yup - it's SO inconvenient when they make the Dems follow the election laws, isn't it?
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Hey, you sumbitch, don't hijack my thread.
Clinton's final pardons were pretty smelly.
Should Bush 1 have pardoned Cap Weinberger? I say yes. That's more the reasoning I was using in my OP. If you're the President and a staffer takes a bullet (so to speak) for the you or your VP, either you or your VP confess to the crimes yourselves, and allow yourselves to be prosecuted, or you should man up and issue the pardon. That's why I said it stunk when Nixon didn't pardon the Watergate defendants before he signed his own letter of resignation.

My opinion on Libby might change if Cheney publicly confessed to crimes and offered himself for prosecution. Or if Cheney resigned. Not holding my breath on those.

So if Clinton should not have, but did, then Bush pardoning one if his close fall guys is fair tit/tat? The 2 are seperate issues and dragging other issues into it only shows the desperation teh right has for covering for their own.

Clinton and Regan pardoned shitloads, GHW Bush did not, but let's face it, GHW Bush has far more character tan his son, so it will be a fre-for-all to those who corrupted for Bush on Jan 20, 2009..... probably even Shilling.

What crimes did Cheney commit?

Whee! We get to go around the loop-de-loop again?

The first several times through there were only things people don't like that supposedly he's done, no crimes though.

I think you might have Bush (and Cheney) derangement syndrome. Perhaps treatment is available, the health care system up there should cover that.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In Reply To
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What crimes did Cheney commit?

Whee! We get to go around the loop-de-loop again?

Can't provide proof, so you just make snide remarks?

Like I have said before to others...Bring some proof and I'll join you in asking for his head. Not speculation, not desires, not what you think he did, but some evidence.

She wasn't a covert agent, and she wasn't secret.

Is that so...

Taken from information released today by the Chairman of the House Government Oversight Committee:

Ms. Wilson was a covert employee of the CIA. We cannot discuss all of the details of her CIA emploSrment in open session.

I have met with General Hayden, the head of the CIA, to discuss what I can and cannot say about Ms. Wilson's service.

My staff has also worked with the agency to ensure these remarks do not contain classified information.

I have been advised by the CIA that even now, after all that has happened, I cannot disclose the full nafure, scope, and character of Ms. 'Wilson's service to our nation without causing serious damage to our national security interests.

But General Hayden and the CIA have cleared these following comments for today's hearing.

During her employment at the CIA, Ms. Wilson was under cover.

Her employment status with the CIA was classified information prohibited from disclosure under Executive Order 12958.

At the time of the publication of Robert Novak's column on July 14,2003, Ms. Wilson's CIA employment status was covert.

This was classified information.

Ms. Wilson served in senior management positions at the CIA, in which she oversaw the work of other CIA employees, and she attained the level of GS-14, step 6 under the federal pay scale.

Ms. Wilson worked on some of the most sensitive and highly secretive matters handled by the CIA.

Ms. Wilson served at various times overseas for the CIA.

Without discussing the specifics of Ms. W'ilson's classified work, it is accurate to say that she worked on the prevention of the development and use of weapons of mass destruction against the United States.

In her various positions at the CIA, Ms. Wilson faced significant risks to her personal safety and her life.