jarrodh

I hate Ann Coulter

>When has she been fired.

National Review stopped publishing her column and dropped her as an editor after her comments that Muslim leaders should all be killed and the rest forcibly converted to christianity.

MSNBC paid her as a commentator for a while. They dropped her after she told a disabled Vietnam vet that "people like you caused us to lose that war."

USA Today contracted with her to cover the DNC convention. One of her first columns described the women at the "Spawn of Satan convention in Boston" as "corn-fed, no make-up, natural fiber, no-bra needing, sandal-wearing, hirsute, somewhat fragrant hippie chick pie wagons." They dropped her after that.

One of her first columns described the women at the "Spawn of Satan convention in Boston" as "corn-fed, no make-up, natural fiber, no-bra needing, sandal-wearing, hirsute, somewhat fragrant hippie chick pie wagons." They dropped her after that.

Ok, I'll admit it.

That was damn funny!:P
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Imperialist Republicans or Expansionist Republicans might be more fitting. I don't see anything conservative about Neo-Cons. The current label is frequently misused. Where have Lucky and Amazon been, lately?

Actually I think that neo-cons really refers more to the PNAC connected folks, most of which are/were in the administration and a few talking heads like Kristol.

As for Ann Coulter, she's the epitome of the "C" word.

Easy there. Narcimund might get on you about being a Misogynist. :o

Nah, I'm only talking one woman. She's pretty much the only person I think that word applies to.

I hate Bill Maher!

He is so aggressively mean, and hateful towards anyone that doesn't believe exactly what he does, and it pisses me off. There are plenty of people out there who have the same bigoted and mean opinions as he does but few out there would voice them so publicly and so directly as him.

I did admit that I think Coulter is a bitch.:D

I get your point. I do however disagree.

Bill Maher is now known for his political observations/satire on his HBO show but he was a comedian originally (he still does stand up). He is neither a strong liberal or conservative. He supports capital punishment and racial profiling at airports yet also is a supporter of PETA and secular government. He cant be classified as a particular ideology such as "liberal" or "conservative", he formulates his own opinions and doesnt simply follow party lines on all subjects, which seems to be Coulters specialty.

Unlike Coulter, Maher will make jabs at anyone with whom he disagrees not just conservatives. Maher has pundits, comedians, actors, and politicians from both sides of the aisle on his show to exchange in meaningful debate. Unlike Coulter, Maher will give his opposition the chance to elaborate on their opinions in person on his show, while Coulter will label people (men) whom disagree with her as "Faggots".

Coulter voices her hate filled speech in order to garner attention and increase book sales. Maher voices his opinions to make audiences laugh and or debate on his show. Huge difference.

Read some of Maher's quotes here and notice the comedy in most of them.

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Bill_Maher

Read some of Coulters quotes here and notice the hate in most of them.

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Ann_Coulter
2 BITS....4 BITS....6 BITS....A DOLLAR!....ALL FOR THE GATORS....STAND UP AND HOLLER!!!!

Maher did lament the fact that Cheney wasn't killed in the recent bombing attack. When I have watched his show, I remember him being quite full of hate, not giving the conservatives much time to express themselves before being ridiculed for their 'obvious to libs' stupid positions.

So, just to be fair to the bitch Coulter, I find Maher to be a dickhead! :D
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

> doesn't reach the level of vitriol that Coulter aspires to.

nonsense - he's a great ANNalogous example

you have to have enough empathy to put yourself in the other side's shoes such that MM doesn't just come across as a great LW hero

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

>nonsense - he's a great ANNalogous example

Like I said, he shares many of her characteristics. But as far as I know he hasn't called anyone a faggot, has not advocated killing conservatives "so they know they can be killed, too" has not advocated terrorism against buildings in NYC or told vietnam soldiers that "they are the reason we lost the war." Not his thing; she's sort of made her marks as being an outrageous and offensive commentator in interviews.

Like I said, he shares many of her characteristics. But as far as I know he hasn't called anyone a faggot, has not advocated killing conservatives "so they know they can be killed, too" has not advocated terrorism against buildings in NYC or told vietnam soldiers that "they are the reason we lost the war." Not his thing; she's sort of made her marks as being an outrageous and offensive commentator in interviews.

Im not a fan of Michael moore really but Billvon is right . He may be a outspoken critic of anything not left wing but he doesnt spew hate.
2 BITS....4 BITS....6 BITS....A DOLLAR!....ALL FOR THE GATORS....STAND UP AND HOLLER!!!!

Yes, Coulter has made outrageous, stupid statements. But so has Michael Moore, and James Carville, and Noam Chomsky, and so has Cynthia McKinney...but they don't get as much criticism. Michael Moore made outrageous lies in his Farenheit 911 movie, but the N.Y. Times called it, "The best film Michael Moore has made so far, a powerful and passionate expression of outraged patriotism" instead of criticizing it for being full of lies. Here are 59 deceits in Moore's movie - perhaps there is a site that shows such examples of lies in Coulter's book:

http://www.davekopel.com/Terror/Fiftysix-Deceits-in-Fahrenheit-911.htm

Coulter is a bitch. I hate Michael Moore, James Carville, Cynthia McKinney, Bill Maher, Noam Chomsky...
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

>Michael Moore made outrageous lies in his Farenheit 911 movie . . . .

. . . and if he called Bush a "faggot" in the movie I would agree that he takes the same approach as Coulter.

You are veering off into a "Moore sucks!" rant, trying to get me to argue with you. I am no fan of Moore, but he does not use the same level of vitriol that Coulter does.

Don't be hatin'. If she were black or a lesbian, she could do it all day at a comedy club without anyone blinking an eye.

It was funny!

Where was the joke? The best I saw was school yard name calling on a stage with a lot of lights....no timing, no setup, no payoff....just using a word that has some shock value in a sterile environment.

One of her first columns described the women at the "Spawn of Satan convention in Boston" as "corn-fed, no make-up, natural fiber, no-bra needing, sandal-wearing, hirsute, somewhat fragrant hippie chick pie wagons." They dropped her after that.

Ok, I'll admit it.

That was damn funny!:P

Again, no humor at all...just putting together a punch of name calling. It's been done to death and isn't original, or funny.

just putting together a punch of name calling. It's been done to death and isn't original,

I agree with all of that, however something about the wording just made me laugh.

I still think she's a venomous bitch though:P
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

I disagree I have never seen her in a movie, or on an entertainment show.
I get your point. However I feel if you ask her is she an actor or an entertainer her answer would be no. Unfortunately I believe there are people who also view her as someone who has a legitimate point of view.

She does!

Just as legitimate as yours or mine. You would have her silence if you could however??
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

>WTF does that have to do with anything?

Stephen Colbert is inherently different than Bill O'Reilly (even though they say nearly identical things) so the issue of whether she's an actor carries some importance.

The ONLY difference is you don't like what she says or how she says it. Get over it.............
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

...trying to get me to argue with you...

Arguer: If you want me to go on arguing, you'll have to pay for another five minutes.
Man looking for argument: Yes, but that was never five minutes, just now. Oh come on!
Arguer: (Hums)
Man looking for argument: Look, this is ridiculous.
Arguer: I'm sorry, but I'm not allowed to argue unless you've paid!
Man looking for argument: Oh, all right.

>WTF does that have to do with anything?

Stephen Colbert is inherently different than Bill O'Reilly (even though they say nearly identical things) so the issue of whether she's an actor carries some importance.

O'Reilly deserves a LOT more credit than that. I think you're showing that you have blinders on if you can't admit that.

fragrant hippie chick pie wagons.

I don't understand the "pie wagons" part of that. The rest is pretty good. :D

>O'Reilly deserves a LOT more credit than that.

More credit than what? If you re-read what I posted, I said they are inherently different.

It was the, "even though they say nearly identical things" part of it that is wrong.