Airman1270

"Global Warming" Hysteria

First, if it IS happening it appears to be part of a natural cycle caused by fluctuations in the sun's output. Nothing to be concerned about.

The scandal is in the way the political left is using this as another springboard to convince us to surrender more money and more freedom.

Oh, sure, they might be sincere in their concerns, but something just doesn't add up... When you present them with evidence that the alleged "problem" may not be as bad as they thought, they don't say "Really! That's a relief. Tell me more..." Instead they become angry and even more irrational.

People want to believe good news. If you receive a phone call telling you that you have inherited a bunch of money you may not be convinced right away but you'll want to hear more. You won't slam down the phone and demand they never bother you again.

The left addresses the issue of taxes in the same manner. People who want more taxes claim they're concerned about the government having the money it needs to operate, that's all. But when confronted with proof that lower tax rates result in higher revenue collections, they become angry and irrational. Such a response indicates an ulterior motive. And if they can't be honest about their motives, they have no credibility.

Notice the similarity between the global warming lunatics and the homosexual lobby. 30 years ago we could go months without thinking about faggotry. Yet in the past 20-odd years they have shoved the "gay rights" agenda down our throats to the point where we cannot go two or three consecutive days without the issue of homosexuality being brought to our attention. The same tactic is currently being employed by the global warming lobby.

The question for the left, once again is: What's in it for them? What do they have to gain by creating the kind of world they're so hell-bent on creating? There are numerous countries around the world which are dominated by secular liberal philosophy. The common denominator is that none of these countries offer the same opportunities, freedom, and potential wealth we enjoy in America. Whassup?

Cheers,
Jon S.

Notice the similarity between the global warming lunatics and the homosexual lobby. 30 years ago we could go months without thinking about faggotry. Yet in the past 20-odd years they have shoved the "gay rights" agenda down our throats to the point where we cannot go two or three consecutive days without the issue of homosexuality being brought to our attention. The same tactic is currently being employed by the global warming lobby.

You need to change your attitude in a big way pal. If your connecting Global Warming to a homosexual agenda then you have a lot to learn about American politics.

The reason "faggotry" as you so blutnly put it is being shoved down our throats is because there are millions of Americans in this country whom are homosexual and are being denied some of the most basic rights as Americans. Maybe if your side of the Aisle would grant these civil unions and other priveliges that the gay population of this country desire then they wouldnt have to keep voicing their opinions on it.

All gay people want is equality. It is the same thing women wanted in the 1920's and African Americans wanted in the 1960's.

What do they have to gain by creating the kind of world they're so hell-bent on creating?

Equality for all American citizens and a cleaner environment, that is whats to gain. Clerly those things arent important to you, but they are to me.
2 BITS....4 BITS....6 BITS....A DOLLAR!....ALL FOR THE GATORS....STAND UP AND HOLLER!!!!

Another thing...

Lets say that Global Warming isn't as bad as it is widely recognized to be. Is it still OK to pollute the atmosphere with toxic chemicals?

Even if it isnt causing Global Warming right now, is it not OK for the government to explore more eco-friendly energy alternatives?

In an effort to decrease the emissions of Greenhouse gasses by Americans the US government has looked to new ways to fuel our automobiles such as hydrogen, electric, and ethanol based vehicles. These practices not only better the environment but also limit our dependence of foreign oil. Is this not a win-win situation?

I can understand why some people would want to argue that Global Warming isnt as serious as most think it is, but is it not OK to create a better and healthier environment for our current and future generations anyways?
2 BITS....4 BITS....6 BITS....A DOLLAR!....ALL FOR THE GATORS....STAND UP AND HOLLER!!!!

Oh, sure, they might be sincere in their concerns, but something just doesn't add up... When you present them with evidence that the alleged "problem" may not be as bad as they thought, they don't say "Really! That's a relief. Tell me more..." Instead they become angry and even more irrational.

People want to believe good news. If you receive a phone call telling you that you have inherited a bunch of money you may not be convinced right away but you'll want to hear more. You won't slam down the phone and demand they never bother you again.

I represent my client Mr General First Class Mtambwe from State of Nigeria. Nigeria now is much trouble and turmoil, my client is even accused of war crimes and must flee! Problem comes in getting Mr General Mtambwes considerable moneys out of country.

We were told of you from reliable source that you can be willing to assist us. Please to be helping my client! If we can move his funds to your account it will be secure from seisure. My client has $10Million dollar American dollars that he needs to save and for your help we would leave to you 10% of the dollar!

Please if you are to help to be giving your bank and account details and name and address to us for to make the transaction, my client has no time to lose!

We must look forward to working with you and offer all thanks of Mr Mtambwe and his family. Thankyou for your kindness sir.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

The question for the left, once again is: What's in it for them?

Power and control. The left thinks that there isn't a problem that can't be solved by government control with a new bureaucracy.

However, I really don't see the similarity to the gay rights lobby. I think they are hypocrites, because they want to think that their struggle should be considered differently than that by polygamists. Gay rights activists know they don't have a chance in hell of getting public support for polygamy to be legalized, so they act like the two issues aren't similar.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

However, I really don't see the similarity to the gay rights lobby. I think they are hypocrites, because they want to think that their struggle should be considered differently than that by polygamists. Gay rights activists know they don't have a chance in hell of getting public support for polygamy to be legalized, so they act like the two issues aren't similar.

You're very funny. You start by saying homosexuality isn't relevant then go off on a rant about it.

Got something you want to get off your chest?

First Class Citizen Twice Over

You start by saying homosexuality isn't relevant then go off on a rant about it.

Yes, I said that I didn't see the similarity to the original poster's topic about the liberal's hysteria about global warming, and then, I went ahead and indulged in a little thread drift anyway (I'm not the first to be guilty of that). If you think that was a rant, you have a very low threshold. :D

Got something you want to get off your chest?

No, I understand that it is popular to assume that criticism of gay rights is said to imply latent homosexuality, but my involvement in such threads does not mean there are any insecurities to uncover. I thought you had decided to stay out of threads involving gay rights.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

All gay people want is equality. It is the same thing women wanted in the 1920's and African Americans wanted in the 1960's.

We gave women what they wanted. Freedom to work and be independent. Now they want months off with pay because they are having a baby, or when they realize that the workaday world is quite often a pain in the ass, they want to be able to opt out.

Blacks have had nearly 50 yrs., that's two or three generations, to get their feet under themselves.

There are thousands who choose not to apply themselves to learning the basics of education because if they did, they would no longer be able to play the victim. Just read a couple of Bill Cosby' last few speeches. They are spot on.

Fifty years ago, the same crowd who are now screaming,"global warming", where absolutely positve that the world was headed into an ice age, and we'd all have to be living on the equator.

Well, it didn't pan out, so they jumped on the next environmental alarmist theory.

What's funny is that they are the same ones who swear that everything revolves around the evolutionary process. Dinosaurs were destroyed by an ice age, and the Appalacian mountains were rounded off by glaciers either advancing or retreating, depending on whether the planet was cooling or warming.

It has taken a hell of a lot of warming to get the ice caps back to the polar regions. Maybe we ought to be thankful.

I say learn to roll with the flow.

No, I understand that it is popular to assume that criticism of gay rights is said to imply latent homosexuality, but my involvement in such threads does not mean there are any insecurities to uncover.

Wow! Huge ol' assumption, man. I didn't say anything about latent homosexuality.

We gave women what they wanted. Freedom to work and be independent. Now they want months off with pay because they are having a baby, or when they realize that the workaday world is quite often a pain in the ass, they want to be able to opt out.

Blacks have had nearly 50 yrs., that's two or three generations, to get their feet under themselves.

There are thousands who choose not to apply themselves to learning the basics of education because if they did, they would no longer be able to play the victim. Just read a couple of Bill Cosby' last few speeches. They are spot on.

Are you saying those were mistakes?

How does the lack of education of African Americans and the supposed unwillingness to work of women have anything to with Gay rights?

Well, it didn't pan out, so they jumped on the next environmental alarmist theory.

Lets say GW doesnt "pan out". Does that not mean we shouldnt make our earth a cleaner place anyways? Even if their isnt a problem right now it cant hurt to have more energy efficient automobiles and less fossil fuel consumption, which would help the environment.

What's funny is that they are the same ones who swear that everything revolves around the evolutionary process.

Umm, no, not really. Global warming is accepted by the majority of the scientific community, evolution is accepted by the entire scientific community.

I wonder what your point is here? Are you saying that if we let gay people marry then they'll take excessive maternity leave, move to the ghetto and start pimpin' their biatches and making hip hop music?

I for one will not stand for this outrage!

No, I understand that it is popular to assume that criticism of gay rights is said to imply latent homosexuality, but my involvement in such threads does not mean there are any insecurities to uncover.

Wow! Huge ol' assumption, man. I didn't say anything about latent homosexuality.

No, you didn't. You are good at implying a lot of things though, especially when you post links to such subjects in the thread, and then acting as if you never ever intended to make that implication - and that you're so surprised that others would take it that way.

No, you didn't. You are good at implying a lot of things though, especially when you post links to such subjects in the thread, and then acting as if you never ever intended to make that implication - and that you're so surprised that others would take it that way.

WHAT??!? I am officially, completely, and indubitably laughing at you.

I linked to four funny parodies. None of them imply that you're a closeted homosexual with exaggerated homophobia as an over-reaction to your own self-hatred. None of them even talk about you.

I even posted them before you entered the thread!

So please, using your most careful logic, please tell me how you conclude that I linked to these parodies to imply something about you when you weren't in the thread yet and the parodies don't talk about you or the thing you're connecting with them?

* Was I aware with my psychic powers that you were going to show up?
* Do the parodies subtly code some info about you I don't see?
* Do you think I spend a lot of time plotting to accuse you of homosexuality?
* Do you think I spend a lot of time thinking about you at all?

I'm obliged by the rules of dropzone to refrain from making the obvious logical conclusions from what you're saying. I apologize for not completing these thoughts. I'm sure you understand...

You seem to get overly amused at a lot of stuff. I didn't open the links you posted, because I figured from what you labeled the links that they were similar to other stories from previous threads, which I have reviewed and discussed at length on this forum.

You asked if I had anything I wanted to get off my chest. You can pretend that it was an innocent question, with nothing implied, but I think you would not be telling the truth.

as an over-reaction to your own self-hatred.

Now that is an example of you telling something in a straightforward manner. You think I hate myself. You are wrong. Making clear statements instead of vague implications is a more effective way of communicating your ideas. It is not as much fun, but more effective.

I'm obliged by the rules of dropzone to refrain from making the obvious logical conclusions from what you're saying. I apologize for not completing these thoughts. I'm sure you understand...

Again, why not just be direct, say what is on your mind. You can always put it in terms of "someone that thinks a certain way must be a so-and-so...". That is allowed by the rules, I believe.

I didn't open the links you posted

So let me get this straight... you didn't read my links but you ASSumed that I posted them as an indirect assessment of your sexual orientation? When I posted them as a reply to someone else? When you didn't even read them? Because you think I posted something to this effect in another thread? When? Where? Which thread?

You asked if I had anything I wanted to get off my chest. You can pretend that it was an innocent question, with nothing implied, but I think you would not be telling the truth.

There were LOTS of implications. Your alleged homosexuality wasn't among them. But now I have to say that your spontaneous denials and oversensitivity are making me wonder...

as an over-reaction to your own self-hatred.

Now that is an example of you telling something in a straightforward manner. You think I hate myself.

Actually, that was couched within a hypothetical. It WASN'T straightforward at all. Go re-read it if that's not clear.

And I don't know you, man. I don't have an opinion about you. Hell, I barely have a clear picture of you as a separate individual from a dozen other posters who say similar things. (Sorry, I hope this doesn't make you feel small or anything.)

Making clear statements instead of vague implications is a more effective way of communicating your ideas. It is not as much fun, but more effective.

There are some posters here with whom I believe communication is possible. I make clear statements to them. You're not among them.

How you labeled your links seemed pretty clear to me. My fault for not confirming the content.

Now you are talking about me being oversensitive. You might at least admit that we could both be guilty of that.

There were LOTS of implications...

...There are some posters here with whom I believe communication is possible. I make clear statements to them. You're not among them.

OK, now that is being direct, although you still won't admit what implication was meant by your "off the chest" remark. You admit that you don't make clear statements to certain users, when you decide that communication is not possible. Why bother? Oh, that's right, I do clearly remember that you admitted long ago that you like to get a reaction from some conservatives on this forum. My memory isn't what it used to be, but that statement by you is very clear in my mind, and I criticized you for it at the time. You like to stir the pot, and then act as if you never touched the spoon.