kallend

Rumsfeld "One of the worst", McCain

Exactly what was GB doing down in the Falklands Islands back in the 80's? Yep, those Argentinians were a BIG threat......

Yes, the Argentinians were a big threat because they invaded our bloody land. Allow me to explain.

The Falkland islands were (and still are under a slightly different name) a British dependant territory and its inhabitants were citizens of the United Kingdom.

It was our land and our people, we had a right and a duty to defend them from a hostile military invasion. You'll also note that once that objective had been achieved we did not invade and occupy Argentina.

Remember, facts are important etc. etc.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Argentina invades South georgia followed by occupation of the islands. And the difference is??

I'm sorry, are you still trying to compare the Falklands to Iraq?

The difference is that after defending our territory and defeating the occupying forces we did not invade and occupy Argentina.

Seriously dude, try reading about it.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

It was our land and our people, we had a right and a duty to defend them from a hostile military invasion. You'll also note that once that objective had been achieved we did not invade and occupy Argentina.

Remember, facts are important etc. etc.

But but but - Argentina was ruled by a bloody dictator (Leopoldo Galtieri) whose despotic regime terrorized its own people. Surely GB had a duty to invade to bring about regime change.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

That McCain is doing an about face on Rumsfeld and that the people who like his new sentiment now think he's a real standup guy and that there is nothing questionable about his two-faced behavior?

What's the relevance?

As I explained, he didn't do an "about face" on Rumsfeld.

Seemed more like you just tried to excuse it.

Funny how people tend to not view a 180 as two-faced, if they like the end result. :S

Any fact that counters your opinion is always "a diversion". I think we are ALL wise to that by now.

Wrong, sporto. You consistently duck, dodge, evade direct questions. I'm not the only one who has noted this tendancy.

Seems like every week you say something that sets my bullshit detector off. Predictably, you resort to "diversionary" tactics when pressed.

It sucks getting called on your bullshit, don't it?

And that thread title about Pelosi was hyperbole, Just wanted to re-clarify that for you.

Any fact that counters your opinion is always "a diversion". I think we are ALL wise to that by now.

Wrong, sporto. You consistently duck, dodge, evade direct questions. I'm not the only one who has noted this tendancy.

Seems like every week you say something that sets my bullshit detector off. Predictably, you resort to "diversionary" tactics when pressed.

It sucks getting called on your bullshit, don't it?

And that thread title about Pelosi was hyperbole, Just wanted to re-clarify that for you.

LAME LAME LAME:D:D:D:D

You , Mr "No name entered", have been nitpicking about the meaning of "few" and trying to find my birthdate in a thread about McCain's comments on Rumsfeld, and you accuse ME of diversion! The Irony Meter is off the scale. GET REAL, WILL YOU.

When you LIE and are caught out, it suddenly becomes hyperbole.

Fabricated any more quotes recently?

You didn't really think that was intended as a verbatim quote?

Did you know gullible is not in the dictionary? You can look it up.

The whole "how old are you" goes to your claim of fond memories from 1947. Either it you are old enough to possibly have fond memories of that year or you were just shoveling shit. I asked because I expected the later.

You didn't really think that was intended as a verbatim quote?

Did you know gullible is not in the dictionary? You can look it up.

The whole "how old are you" goes to your claim of fond memories from 1947. Either it you are old enough to possibly have fond memories of that year or you were just shoveling shit. I asked because I expected the later.

Fabricated any good quotes today?

So what do YOU think about McCain's comments, Mr. No Name Entered?

McCain, the ranking Republican on the Senate Armed Services Committee

This makes me think about glass houses and rocks.

IIRC the SACC is connected to the welfare of our injured troops once they come home. What does he have to say about the Walter Reed Army Medical Center situation?