narcimund

How the "Right" stole christmas

The extreme partisan right spends 10 times as much energy complaining about absolutely superficial issues surrounding christmas than they do actually celebrating it. They converted their hero's birthday into a strawman argument against their political rivals. The noise became their main event.

The rest of us didn't really notice because we were too busy celebrating christmas, but the whining is finally drowning out the last little bit of tradition.

Christmas is dead. Long live the demopublican bicker-battle!

First Class Citizen Twice Over

Haven't you heard? There's a WAR ON CHRISTMAS! Christians get a state-sponsored holiday to celebrate the birth of their God, but THEY are the victims here! After all, companies like Sears, Crate and Barrel etc have but one purpose - destroy christmas. All that talk about making money is just a smoke screen for their real satanic plans.

All I know is the religious right wing sure does whine and moan a lot. Every time someone privately expresses a personal freedom, they complain!

And they sure do need a lot of validation from their government for their own religious beliefs, don't they? Maybe they think they can't go to heaven if the US government doesn't approve their Holy Passport.

First Class Citizen Twice Over

And they sure do need a lot of validation from their government for their own religious beliefs, don't they? Maybe they think they can't go to heaven if the US government doesn't approve their Holy Passport.

Ahh... the image of St Peter patrolling the foggy entrance to the Pearly Gates wearing an overcoat and snazzy leather boots... greeting new arrivals:

"Paperz, pleeze..." [:/]
Owned by Remi #?

Every time someone privately expresses a personal freedom, they complain!

No, shit. You wouldn't believe the trouble I caused when I put up a Nativity scene...

You mean on your own property at home?? If so, they can all go screw themselves.

Every time someone privately expresses a personal freedom, they complain!

No, shit. You wouldn't believe the trouble I caused when I put up a Nativity scene...

You mean on your own property at home?? If so, they can all go screw themselves.

"So maybe the particular nativity scene I constructed was a little more 'graphic' than people were used to, big friggin' deal!"