skysaintj

Evolution - Satan's biggest brilliant and magnificent plan !!

How would you know Satan if you met him?? It could be Loki pretending to be Satan??

WOW don't you guys know anything

He would be red, big, Gay and he would be with his boyfriend Sadam Hussain. :P
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

I think you have it very wrong.
If you met Satan you would become a beliver wouldn't you think?

I'm not entirely certain you understand how skeptical I am.

Now, I've never MET Satan, but I'm pretty sure my FIRST thought would be that one of my a-hole friends was wearing a costume and I'd probably kick him in the nuts.

Upon finding out he wasn't one of my a-hole friends in a costume, I'd assume he was an a-hole politician trying to scare me into some behavioral model I don't necessarily agree with, therefore, I'd kick him in the nuts.

Being kicked in the nuts twice, Satan would no doubt be a little pissed off, but my guess is that from his point of view, that's really not even pain. Afterall, he got kicked out of Heaven and lives in the firey depths of Hell so he knows something about pain and this really ain't it. It's more of a disrepect thing, but like I said, he'd be Satan the master of all evil in the universe and maybe, just maybe, he'd also get off on it. Ok, that sounds a little S&M, but what the hell.

Ok, so upon finding out that he's not one of my friends dressed up in a costume and he's not a politician, I think my next thought would be that he's one of these a-holier than thou tele-evangelist guys trying to justify his pathetic existance of ripping off the elderly and gullible -- TAX FREE.

Naturally, if this idea ever occured to me, I'd have to kick him in the nuts.

God, I really hope it's one of those tele-evangelist guys. Not that I'm afraid of Satan, I just wanna kick one of them in the nuts.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Honestly, just stop and think for a while on the sheer scale of the conspiracy you suggest. Nearly every single biologist, geneticist and chemist on the planet, almost every university administrator, government education official, schoolteacher, grant supervisor, science prize judge and administrator, journal editor..... all of them atheists but not only that, all of them are committed to dishonestly destroying Genesis, all of them willing to falsify data. You cannot possibly believe that. It is insane.

Ugh!:S

Some people believe six impossible things before breakfast each morning.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

If I met Satan not a bunny named Satan but the King of all evil who wanted to take me to hell and punish me for eternity. I personally would think "hey maybe I should listen more to this religious stuff" but again that’s just me.

I'd just lay off the booze for a few days.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

If I met Satan not a bunny named Satan but the King of all evil who wanted to take me to hell and punish me for eternity. I personally would think "hey maybe I should listen more to this religious stuff" but again that’s just me.

I'd just lay off the booze for a few days.

don't forget the acid.
This ad space for sale.

Would someone put something in this guy's mouth? His cellmate's zipper is stuck.

Warning one.

You can disagree with whatever he says, but no personal attacks.

Sorry, it was meant with tongue firmly in cheek. No hatred here.
Illinois needs a CCW Law. NOW.

consider evolutionists have their entire lives and reputations resting upon Darwin's theory. They're committed to their religion, just as any true Christian is committed to his. If an evolutionist changes his views, then he denies and forsakes his fellow scientists and former educators.

This is an important place where fundamentalists and scientists part ways. Religious zealots will time and time again, when faced with evidence that their "truth" is wrong, search for reasons that what they believe is right....because the Bible says so....even in the face of all evidence to the contrary.

Scientists will, time and time again, when faced with evidence that their "truth" is wrong, examine the evidence and sometimes alter their theories about what is true. These scientists whose beliefs change as more is learned are the ones who are more, rather than less, respected.

Fundamentalists seek to validate their beliefs. Scientists seek the truth.

linz
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

Naturally, if this idea ever occured to me, I'd have to kick him in the nuts.

God, I really hope it's one of those tele-evangelist guys. Not that I'm afraid of Satan, I just wanna kick one of them in the nuts.

And if, after all that, he did turn out to be Satan I would probably want to have a discussion about the theological problems he faces being the adversary of an omniscient, omnipotent deity.;)
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

I’m only trying inspire someone out here and start a thought process that if all goes well go a little further than us being here for no reason at all.

Ok heres a thought process to get you started….

The marsupial population of Australia contains animal families, genera, and species found nowhere else on earth - not even in fossil form. We are to suppose that each species of marsupial managed to get from Mt. Ararat to Australia, but couldn't find its way to any other part of the world - including those regions located between Turkey and Australia.

Despite the fact that most marsupial species seem to be out-gunned when they are forced to compete with placental mammals (hence the extinction of so many marsupial species after the introduction of European mammals), we are to suppose that wombats and wallabies, bandicoots and koalas, kept ahead of lions-'n-tigers-'n-bears all the way to Indonesia, and then - although the superior placental predators couldn't manage it - continued on to Australia.

As if this were not mind-boggling enough, after all this implausible world travel, and after all the dust had settled, it turns out that the types of marsupials that made it to Australia just happened to form an ensemble able to fill all the ecological niches available!
-----------------------------------------------------------
--+ There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.. --+

I’m only trying inspire someone out here and start a thought process that if all goes well go a little further than us being here for no reason at all.

WTF does whether or not evolution happened have to do with whether or not we are here for a reason???:S:S:S

I think you're confusing physical questions with spiritual questions again, but that seems to be a trend in your posts.
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

Why would he go to all the effort to try to "trick" me, when, ya know, he's SATAN?

because it's fun & Satan's bored.

Over 6 BILLION people on the planet right now and Satan is gonna get his jollies "tricking" me with evolution? Sorry not buying it.

If I was Satan, I'd start throwing some meteors at the planet. Call up some demons to walk around sticking people with pitchforks.

You watch to many horror movies.

It just seems like he'd have more exciting games to play than "trick the noobs".

I think you have it very wrong.
If you met Satan you would become a believer wouldn't you think? I mean if you metr Satan then wouldn't you think the rest of what religions said might be true as well?

It's so weird - and i'll try my best to explain it again :

The Bible was written to make one thing clear : You should choose to follow God and accepted Jesus Christ as your personal savior that's it ! you don't have to go to church and you don't have to give anyone money etc etc ...The Bible in more detail is a guide for you how to live a good life and grow as a child of God...satan knows how easy it actually is receive salvation so he will deceive you.

You will not ever know truth if you don't accept God's love.

I'm not gonna try and convert anybody as i know that's the way it will be,but i just wanted to say i have looked for ways to avoid God and everything that goes with that but know i know him and if you think it's my imagination then so be it.

If you never accept or believe God etc.and one day you die and then turn to dust then it's ok right ?

But if you accept God's love you might just end up in a very happy place.

At the end of the day that choice is yours.
If at first, the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it

WTF does whether or not evolution happened have to do with whether or not we are here for a reason???:S:S:S

I think you're confusing physical questions with spiritual questions again, but that seems to be a trend in your posts.

ok a question as interest to your view ..Do you think conciousness and the emotion we called love for example is also just part of us because of the evolutionary process or do you think there's a reason for that ?

>I agree if you are refering to micro-evolution(adaptation).

Evolution and micro-evolution are the same thing. It's like economics and micro-economics. Just different scales.

> There's are scientists that know alot more than you or me and
>some that have recently agreed after years of devoting their
> attention and studies to these theories etc that evolution (macro)
> and from a origins of life point of view is impossible until proven as
> fact not theory.

If any such scientist DID find such a big hole in evolutionary theory, there is no doubt whatsoever that he would win a Nobel and have no problems getting funding for the rest of his life. Yet that hasn't happened. I suspect creationists will chalk that up to a massive conspiracy to "keep the man down" but the reality is that scientists overturn theories all the time; it's how the scientific process works. Hasn't happened yet with evolution.

i'll say it again - if science proved evolution to be a bunch of crap and the existence of God as fact then your choice will be made right there for you and faith and the gospel and the bible etc will have no purpose and none of these two opposing theories are fact ..don't you think there is a reason then for everything fitting together so that it is still down to your choice as is the faith mesage in the Bible ?

>if science proved evolution to be a bunch of crap and the existence of God
>as fact then your choice will be made right there for you . . . .

Right. Then it would be science, not faith.

>and faith and the gospel and the bible etc will have no purpose and
>none of these two opposing theories are fact ..

They're not opposing theories, any more than marriage is the opposite of Coca-Cola. They are two completely different things. One is science, one is religion - and I am amazed that so many people try to concatenate the two.

>don't you think there is a reason then for everything fitting together so
>that it is still down to your choice as is the faith mesage in the Bible ?

Yes. That reason is that the Bible is a book of RELIGION, not a book of science. Often people confuse the two.

>Do you think conciousness and the emotion we called love for example
>is also just part of us because of the evolutionary process or do you think
>there's a reason for that ?

Love for our family is there because it helps our family survive - and if our family survive, our offspring live on. That's evolution in action. People who hate their spouses and children (and do not protect them) soon find themselves with no offspring - so those genes die out.

Now, love for others that we have never met is a different story. It's a conscious decision we make. If we all loved each other unconditionally, then that would be hard to explain in terms of evolution. But spend one day in Baghdad and you will see that we do NOT love each other unconditionally. Indeed, if you look at history, hatred of our competitors (for land, women, food) seems to be the rule. And that IS behavior that we have evolved.

Your simple way of thinking, or more appropriately your total ignorance, has caused more problems for the continuation of society than any other theory. The objections you pose are childish in their understanding and void of empirical evidence. If your standard of logic was accepted , my inability to “see” a electron would preclude this discussion..

>But if you accept God's love you might just end up in a very happy place.

That's Pascal's Wager, and it's a good way to get a philosophical discussion going. But it's completely separate from the discussion of evolution.

The Bible says the earth is fixed, immovable. It says this at least five times. But if you believe the earth moves around the sun, it doesn't make you an anti-christian. Neil Armstrong was not really the devil trying to deceive you.

The Bible describes how conquerors of a city should kill all the men, children and older women, but keep the younger virgins for themselves. However, if you're in the military, and you conquer a city, and you let the men live - it doesn't make you evil.

Genesis 1 says that cattle were created before man. Genesis 2 says that man was created before cattle. That contradiction does not invalidate the bible.

Those are all examples of why the Bible is NOT a literal work and should not be taken as such. It is not a book of science, but a book of faith. Indeed, a faith based on believing everything in the bible literally would be a weak faith indeed; it could be blown over by any one of dozens of facts that contradict it. The alternative - hiding from reality so that the bible remains uncontested - is even worse. Much better to take it for what it is; the history and moral guide for a people that's been around for thousands of years, and has helped a lot of people find their way.

>if science proved evolution to be a bunch of crap and the existence of God
>as fact then your choice will be made right there for you . . . .

Right. Then it would be science, not faith.

>and faith and the gospel and the bible etc will have no purpose and
>none of these two opposing theories are fact ..

They're not opposing theories, any more than marriage is the opposite of Coca-Cola. They are two completely different things. One is science, one is religion - and I am amazed that so many people try to concatenate the two.

>don't you think there is a reason then for everything fitting together so
>that it is still down to your choice as is the faith mesage in the Bible ?

Yes. That reason is that the Bible is a book of RELIGION, not a book of science. You seem to be confusing the two.

>Do you think conciousness and the emotion we called love for example
>is also just part of us because of the evolutionary process or do you think
>there's a reason for that ?

Love for our family is there because it helps our family survive - and if our family survive, our offspring live on. That's evolution in action. People who hate their spouses and children (and do not protect them) soon find themselves with no offspring - so those genes die out.

Now, love for others that we have never met is a different story. It's a conscious decision we make. If we all loved each other unconditionally, then that would be hard to explain in terms of evolution. But spend one day in Baghdad and you will see that we do NOT love each other unconditionally. Indeed, if you look at history, hatred of our competitors (for land, women, food) seems to be the rule. And that IS behavior that we have evolved.

Evolution is as much of a religion as Creationism

evolution is not a fact period (let's not go around that mountain again please) and still people all around the world and those on this debate worship the "idea" of evolution so it is a religion.

Now to come back to my original post - Satan has for instance worked a plan to have evolution-religion promoted in your schools etc.when we teach these things in our schools we are teaching our children to worship him. This may sound pretty strong to you but these precepts are based upon the theory of evolution. Now, theory is not fact, it is theory, therefore, it is more a religion than it is a science. "Philology recapitulates ontogeny" is one of the many "proofs" of evolution. This is the theory that the human embryo recapitulates the various stages of evolution during its development. In this book we have seen that the very nature of the universe points to Jesus Christ. Is it any less "scientific" to believe in the types and shadows of him found in the creation? Suppose a teacher in a biology class in one of our secular schools pointed out to his class that in order for a man to live he must eat. But when he eats, something must die. If he eats meat, an animal dies. If he eats vegetables, a plant must die. He then tells his class, in order for man to live something must die. He says; this is Nature's way of pointing to the sacrifice of Jesus Christ. He Died that we might have eternal life. The A.C.L.U. would probably protest, litigation would ensue, and the teacher would be fired. But what if another man said, this is nothing but "survival of the fittest". The strong eat the weak. He would go on teaching into his old age, wouldn't he? But who is right, the evolutionist or the Christian? Both of these ideas seem to have credence. Evolution is not a science it is a religion. It is an accumulation of things that point to evolution, but my bible is also an accumulation of things that point to Jesus Christ, however, I must accept them by faith. Any belief that cannot be proven in the laboratory is a religion not a science. Evolution is the gospel of satan. I believe that the precepts of evolution was purposely put into the creation by God so that these evil dupes of satan might make up the great lie and become dammed. 2nd Thessalonians 2: 11

It's all right to teach Yoga (eastern mysticism) as a method of relaxation in our schools, yet we strictly forbid a school prayer. Why is it that our federal lawmakers and supreme court judges with their degrees in law and political science make such a difference between the occult methods of eastern religions, that is taught in our state supported schools, and a simple Christian prayer? Do you, as an ordinary citizen, think that you can tell a real danger to the principle of separation of church and state? Suppose your child came home from school and announced that he was told that unless he became a Methodist he would be kicked out of school. Would you say this violates the principle of separation of church and state? Of course you would! Suppose tonight's paper said that any government employee seen going to church would be fired; that's another real danger isn't it? Now, Let's say you came home from work tonight and a big headline in the paper said, Chaplain opened Congress with prayer! Atheist house democrat protests to the A.C.L.U., Threats of court action ensue. Of course this probably won't happen because our constitution states that each session of congress will be opened by prayer. This fact strongly suggests that the ones who framed our constitution were not against prayer in a federally supported institution doesn't it? They figured that the people themselves would have the wisdom to tell a real danger to the separation of church and state. Perhaps our educational system is worse off than we thought. What has happened to this generation? Have they lost the wisdom to tell a real danger to church-state separation or are we subtly being deprived of our freedom of worship by a very subtle group of globalists? Some people give the excuse that little things lead to bigger things, pretty soon the government will be telling us how to worship. I repeat, have we lost our wisdom? We are so highly sensitive to church-state separation yet completely insensitive to Pornographic smut. Do you know that our constitution strictly forbids the sending of pornography in the united states mail? This is strong inference against pornography isn't it? How many cases brought before the supreme court have been decided by inference? How many federally regulated systems of communication did we have back then? Only the mail, right? Now we have federally regulated television, radio, telephones, computers and many other methods of communication. Do you think that this is strong inference that our forefathers would have forbidden pornography in them as well? Of course you would. But our federal judges don't. Our federal lawmakers don't. And the A.C.L.U., who pretends to guard so jealously our constitutional rights doesn't either. Why are our Supreme Court judges and other federal judges so very sensitive to religious overtones in our public schools yet so insensitive to the pornography that floods our federally regulated communication systems. Many laws made by congress have been declared unconstitutional by the supreme court on the grounds of INFERENCE. How strong does the inference against pornography have to be before our judges stop this flood of pornography that inundates our federal communications systems. Industrial poisons are threatening our water supply. A polluted river can be cleaned up but only God can clean up a polluted mind.

Recently our congress had a proposal before it to supply federal money to private schools. Suppose that these private schools became dependant upon this federal money. Then some bureaucrat could threaten withdrawal of federal money if they didn't teach a federally approved religion. Suppose he announced to a fundamental church organization that they must start teaching evolution against their will or loose their federal money. This would be a real danger to separation of church and state wouldn't it?

We have expelled prayers from our schools on the basis that they are federally funded. Yet many of us in this country have FEDERALLY FUNDED home mortgages. Does this mean that if some atheist walks into our living room (heaven forbid) and sees a bible, and protests to the ACLU, that we will have to get rid of our bibles? This is the same insane reasoning that is operating in our judicial systems right now. How much longer must we sit back and watch our religious freedom being taken away from us under the guise of separation of church and state? Pretty soon, there won't be any religious freedom. It sounds like a sinister plot to wipe out true Christianity and replace it with a bland one world religion doesn't it ?

We see evidence of the subtle work of the devil as he has undermined the right to worship as we please..do you think evolution should just be the only religion ? would really be interesting if we should digup darwin and ask him what he thinks now ?

Evolution and Creationism and all it's theories history etc should be free to all...especially to our kids as to give them a fresh clean slate..it would only be fair ??