Samurai136

Moore's Pledge to Conservatives

1. We will always respect you for your conservative beliefs. We will never, ever, call you "unpatriotic" simply because you disagree with us. In fact, we encourage you to dissent and disagree with us.

He is saying in a dignified matter that conservatives do not respect liberal beliefs or allow dissent while liberals always will. That is insulting, crass and rude.

I think you're reading more into this particular statement than was intended. For example, I admit I don't like the Bush Administration, or the Iraq war, or the post-9/11 trampling on civil liberties and erosion of the Constitution. I realize conservatives disagree with me. I don't mind too much if they call me an asshole for it. But I'm also very patriotic – it's why I feel the way I feel – and I'm sick to death of being called "unpatriotic" or an "America hater" by conservatives just because I openly dissent with the current government. That pisses me off big time; and it's that sentiment that I think he's trying to express.

>because you can't make a reasoned case.

Last warning. If you're really posting just to laugh at people, do a better job of not letting them get to you.

Bill, please explain to me how saying he can't make a reasoned case that I'm "pissed off" (when I'm not) is a warnable offense.

And I didn't say I post to laugh at people. I said earlier that I post to piss off people who talk out of their ass. You asked me not to use that phrasing though so I'll rephrase:

I post to point out to people when their words contradict what they claim to believe. They cite their principles then they make a statement that -- like it or not -- proves they really DON'T believe their own principles.

At the same time, when people often make bizarre unwarranted claims about my state of mind (such as saying I'm pissed off when I write completely neutral, emotion-free words) then I laugh at them. It's funny, Bill :-)

First Class Citizen Twice Over

Me thinks he doth protest too much. :D:D:D

And me thinks you use a cliche because you can't make a reasoned case.

I did. You (seemingly) ignored it.

And regarding PAs, Bill tends to treat implied personal attacks the same as direct PAs. Something to consider if you ever get the urge to tell someone they're talking out of their ass. ;)

Me thinks he doth protest too much. :D:D:D

And me thinks you use a cliche because you can't make a reasoned case.

I did. You (seemingly) ignored it.

Oh excellent. I'm sorry I missed it. Please show me exactly where you made your reasoned case that I'm pissed off (even though I'm not).

I'm sure that will be easy for you and you'll be happy to point to the post where you made it.

First Class Citizen Twice Over

But I'm also very patriotic – it's why I feel the way I feel – and I'm sick to death of being called "unpatriotic" or an "America hater" by conservatives just because I openly dissent with the current government.

Indeed. But other names are called on the other side of the equation. I'm called cold-hearted because I don't think I should be supporting any family other than my own.

The name calling, demeaning and dehumanization work on both sides. Moore has quotes indicating his disrespect towards conservative beliefs. He won't use "unpatriotic." He'll use other names.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

but we've apparently pissed you off

What fantasy world do you live in that you think I'm pissed off?

OK then, you make statements that get you a warning from the moderator even when you're not pissed off.

Please forgive me for assuming you'd only do that when pissed off.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

:D:D:D:D:D:D
LAWROCKET YOU ARE THE SHIIIIIIIT!!!!
you need a comedy hour or at least a web page!
Actually you should be famous, for ive never known a lawyer to be that funny and on the money.
I am not a republican either, I have conservative views, and I also know that this healthcare issue is unthinkable until all illegals are out, for the ACLU has allready switched laws after the peoples vote over to not have benefits in CA for them.
When I saw firstthis Micheal Moore letter somewhere else(craigslist?), i thought it was a joke email.
The problem is that Moore and Soros SOMEHOW think they are the leaders of the Dem party....i think its more like anti-republican.
What ever happened to the Truman Democrat party?

I think you're reading more into this particular statement than was intended. For example, I admit I don't like the Bush Administration, or the Iraq war, or the post-9/11 trampling on civil liberties and erosion of the Constitution. I realize conservatives disagree with me. I don't mind too much if they call me an asshole for it. But I'm also very patriotic – it's why I feel the way I feel – and I'm sick to death of being called "unpatriotic" or an "America hater" by conservatives just because I openly dissent with the current government. That pisses me off big time; and it's that sentiment that I think he's trying to express.

Ive never understood why far left go on about stomping constitution, when they do the same things themselves. And New World Order? WAKE UP!!!
The 2nd Ammendment is the ONE ammendment to protect us from NWO and you hard lefties want to smash that! I should be able to have as many guns as I want, and if government got out of hand, family freinds and I and other rebels would stand a chance...not with hard left idea. So take away the people killing guns from citizens, and trust your governement..OK..yeah... Thats the UN idea, guns for militayr and police only, and one that Hillary was agrred qouting with. Dont forget "path to 9-11", HOLY CRAP! Did you see how hard they tried to totally unair that and they did manage to get stuff removed....thats what I call freedom of speech. I get moveon.org just for fun and I remember how excited they were. I watched it on internet CBS, just because they made such a stink.
C.mon. Lets get to reality...if the part of the constitution trampled was such, it was only the tweakers and terrorists that need to worry, and personally, i ask, "Whats the loss?"
Or maybe you like breathing chemicals downwind.
www.911missinglinks.com the definitive truth of 9/11..the who and why, not how

You can handle the TRUTH www.theforbiddentruth.net

i think i was allready drinking when i wrote that going by spelling and accidentanly qouting you as hard lefty. Sorry didnt mean that, only the part about the constution stomping with allways is preceding the NWO crap..you know, lol. I just get tired of the constitution smearing back and forth when i see both parties trying to pick and choose what they think suits best. You just ended up with my rant since i was banned for a month and was the last post with the C word in it. blue skies my friend, wish i was there to enjoy a drink with ya in all thaB|t sunshine
www.911missinglinks.com the definitive truth of 9/11..the who and why, not how

You can handle the TRUTH www.theforbiddentruth.net