"How the US Military Hurts the Poor And Uneducated"

Assert a very string opinion? :D:D:D You are way too funny, as you are basing it not on facts but rather on hunches, and pretending that this should be overlooked for the sake of good argument. You asked, "where did I ever state that?"

I refreshed your memory, now you are drawing straws, post 2 lowsy anti-war links that helps you corroborate your baseless hunches instead of going to Army websites, or some reputable source. Why don't you post a reference as well to moveon.org as well?:D:D

Apparently you have not heard the issues some recruiters are facing for doing precisely what you say they are doing, skimming, covering up etc. There are quite few that are either indicted, convicted or under investigation. FYI.

But I guess you prefer to debate based on irrelevant information, and we are used to your aimless and baseless points.

Have a nice day.:D
"According to some of the conservatives here, it sounds like it's fine to beat your wide - as long as she had it coming." -Billvon

Wow, you are as full of anger as usual, i thought that sometime away from SC would make you take things easier. I guess not.
I tend to believe more someone who makes an educated guess and admit he is not 100% sure rather than someone who yells and wave arms claiming he is right.
By the way, you are wrong. You can join the U.S military without a High School diploma. Hopefully the US Inmigration department will be a suitable reference for you to admit your mistake (if not they may get upset and deport you back to Venezuela...:P)

http://www.usimmigrationsupport.org/military.html

As a matter of fact, the link above shows how the recuitment standard has been lowered. Go figure, now you can even join the U.S military if you are a non U.S citizen who comes from a country who shows hostility towards the U.S. Oh those wonderful waivers...

Regarding the IQ matter at hand, considering that you don´t need a High School diploma to join the military and that you DO need a high school diploma to joing college and that IQ is correlated to academical achievement, it is safe to asume than on average College students probably have a higuer IQ score than people who are not required to have a HS diploma (ie military).
I say "on average" because of course there are exceptions, Bush was in college and i do not consider him specially bright. Truth to be told it seems he didn´t spend much time in the military either.

Am I surprised that your hatred for anything US is not allowing you to diseminate between fact or fiction.:D:D

Instead you start your comment as being full of anger!:D:D:D

The requisite of joining the US military without being a US citizen has been around for a while, check your facts, its not that hard, the practices have been done to include WWI - WWII veterans. You must be a US resident though, and not allowed to get secret clearance (and certain jobs) until you become a citizen.

But of course you prefer to insinuate that they should deport me, a US citizen back to a country I don't want to go back to, all based on delusional facts. But go ahead I am having a blast...:D:D

In the past you have tried to bring your military conclusion "based one what you think", and it has failed terribly.

For example to have certain jobs in the armed forces you need certain score in the general aptitud test (ASVAB) you take, of course since you don't have a clue about this, you prefer to argue a point with uneducated guesses. If you try to join any branch have no HS diploma or GED, they will not take you.

OLD News for you, I did not get any waivers.... All that matter is they took me, regardless of where my roots are from. Requsites were US residency age, education, Asvab test and no felonies. Among other things (before I was a US citizen).

FYI Being a US citizen is far diferent as the treatment I and many of my relatives / friends have received as Spanish citizens in Spain, who where subjected to racism and ignorance because in there being a Spanish citizen depends on the origin you have, if you are from South America you will always be considered a 2nd class citizen Sudaca. So much for an enlightened European country.....unlike in the US, you are citizen and that's all that is valid.:|

Go figure no wonder the issues in many european nations (France-England) about having whole ethnic groups protesting the shitty treatment they get as citizens of that country just based on origins.
"According to some of the conservatives here, it sounds like it's fine to beat your wide - as long as she had it coming." -Billvon

Now this I will buy, especially with the fat kids of today.

Kinda goes against something you said just a week ago, "I don't think the level of fitness is that much better than that of civilians.

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=2515301#2515301

I love how you present thoughts but don't bother to back any of them up.

I also love how you took your unhappy military service and assume that it is the same for everyone.That your failed attempt to use the military as an escape and later regret you choice makes you think anyone who does not agree with you is not as smart as you. :S

You're showing where you're comming from when you misquote me as saying that all soldiers are less educated

Oh geeze, you said that most 2nd year college kids are smarter. Of course you never back up ANY of your claims. Instead you say they are opinions, so you don't need to back them up.

OK slick, do you really want me to believe that a GED is the same as a hign school diploma? I dropped out after the 10th, never really attending class, average GPA 1.00ish. I went and walked all over that GED at 17, so do you want me to believe that it's the same?

You dropped out and yet want to claim you are smarter than folks that didn't? Oh good God!

I don't have negative emotions of the military

Well from you other thread you wrote "You keep describing me to a T, then try to lecture to me how it is or is not. I:

- dropped out
- ran away to teh military when I was 17
- hated it when I was in

Sure sounds to me like you have negative emotions about the military.

Then you make claims about how little the O's get paid....Makes me think you never got past E3.

the easiest way to find out if the american army has educated troups in it is to ask them all y they are fighting in iraq.

if they say they fight for freedom of the iraq people ,they are not.

but if they say they are fighting for freedom for american business, they are.

too easy.

the easiest way to find out if the american army has educated troups in it is to ask them all y they are fighting in iraq.

too easy.

Did you come up with that all by yourself?

COntext is a beautiful thing. The statement to me was:

We're a bunch of big strong loveable retards right?

I don't think GI's ALL strong. There are some and I think the level of fitness is definitely better in the service, but that doesn't mean they are all strong and huge as the passage inferred.

So it kinda doesn't go against what I wrote, it very much is consistent.

Fitness = in shape, cardio, lean

Strong = huge, busting biceps, etc

I love how you present thoughts but don't bother to back any of them up.

I posted pages of websites that refered to the lowering of standards of GI's. Hmmmm, what kind of support are you looking for?

I also love how you took your unhappy military service and assume that it is the same for everyone.That your failed attempt to use the military as an escape and later regret you choice makes you think anyone who does not agree with you is not as smart as you.

My military was mixed, but to all who got out and claim to love the military, rethink your love of it or you would still be there.

I'm just calling a spade, a spade. Military enlistees are not as smart as their counterparts who enter college after high school. The ASVAB is a retard test in comparison to the SAT; do you really want to argue that?

Oh geeze, you said that most 2nd year college kids are smarter. Of course you never back up ANY of your claims. Instead you say they are opinions, so you don't need to back them up.

The operative word is, "all." I didn't write that ALL college kids are smarter, I stated that the average college kid is smarter.

ALL = absolute (Republican word)

Average = arithmetic mean

You dropped out and yet want to claim you are smarter than folks that didn't? Oh good God!

Where are you reading I made the claim of being skarter than anyone, especially back then?

Well from you other thread you wrote "You keep describing me to a T, then try to lecture to me how it is or is not. I:

- dropped out
- ran away to teh military when I was 17
- hated it when I was in

SOme of my fondest life moments came from there. If offerd to be in a better position now if I attended college, I might, but only for better position in employment. Since I can't make that trade, I wouldn;t trade them for anything. Would I go back and reenlist? Never on your life. Very mixed feelings about my hitch, but really unique. Pardon me for valuing it on my own terms.

Then you make claims about how little the O's get paid....Makes me think you never got past E3.

I was right, I guessed butter bars make 2500/mo, I was damn close after I looked it up. A kid after college could make 30k easily, so I don't think the military pays that well even for officers. It wasn't set up that way, the military was supposed to be about sacrifice, not pay, so to argue they do make good money is nuts. They're getting a 2.2% base pay raise this year from MR. Lover of the military; Bush.

As for me past E-3, I made E-4 Sgt, first rank of NCO.

I will second that

Not surprising at how this becomes a referendum about me. I could be anyone, anything and it won;t change the notion that IQ scores are inferior in the enlisted ranks as compared to college kids.

too easy.

Did you come up with that all by yourself?

Isn't it great? I second it ;)

Military enlistees are not as smart as their counterparts who enter college after high school. The ASVAB is a retard test in comparison to the SAT; do you really want to argue that?

It shouldn't be hard to test your hypothesis. Some states (maybe all states) require all high school students to take the ASVAB. Compare the scores of those who enlist and the scores of those who go on to college right out of high school. You might even be able to use a sample that took both the ASVAB and the SAT.
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

I liked this gem:

I'm not calling them stupid, but if we took a cross section of GI's, all of them not the ones cherry pickedby the military, you would see a great deficiency as compared to those kids n college. I bet you might see a close comparison to those kids who left high school with or w/o degree, then went on to labor jobs.

Average enlistee = manual laborer.

Classic.

I don't think GI's ALL strong. There are some and I think the level of fitness is definitely better in the service, but that doesn't mean they are all strong and huge as the passage inferred.

So it kinda doesn't go against what I wrote, it very much is consistent.

Fitness = in shape, cardio, lean

Strong = huge, busting biceps, etc

Nice try to redirect. You said fitness, and yet the military has PT, PT tests, and tape tests. So we have a large group that has physical fitness tests, and one group that does not.

So, your claim that the military has less average physical fitness than the average civilian is silly.

My military was mixed, but to all who got out and claim to love the military, rethink your love of it or you would still be there.

Not true. Some have agenda's such as the GI Bill. No need to be in longer than one hitch to get it. People change. Being proud of your time spent does not mean that it was the right place for you to stay.

I'm just calling a spade, a spade. Military enlistees are not as smart as their counterparts who enter college after high school.

There you go making an absolute claim. Yet you claim you don't make them. Thats funny.

The ASVAB is a retard test in comparison to the SAT; do you really want to argue that?

Sure, totally different types of tests. You can't compare them since they are not the same. But you will not let that stop you from trying to use differential data to prove a point.

The operative word is, "all." I didn't write that ALL college kids are smarter, I stated that the average college kid is smarter.

ALL = absolute (Republican word)

Like you just did with republicans and ALL? Nice you say one thing then di it seconds later. Funny.

Where are you reading I made the claim of being skarter than anyone, especially back then?

"Don't take it personally or as an insult. You will understand if/when you graduate."

"Intellectually, you are likely a way below me or the average college grad."

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=2516964#2516964

I was right, I guessed butter bars make 2500/mo, I was damn close after I looked it up. A kid after college could make 30k easily

But would have loans to pay in most cases.

You have made several assumptions...About GQ's status (wrong) about his sig line being from a movie (wrong) about how Lawrocket would agree with GI's being dumber that students (wrong) about how Officers make next to nothing (wrong).

I see a trend.

But then you change. So please tell me how you telling GQ "Intellectually, you are likely a way below me or the average college grad" is NOT you telling him you are smarter?

The requisite of joining the US military without being a US citizen has been around for a while, check your facts, its not that hard, the practices have been done to include WWI - WWII veterans. You must be a US resident though, and not allowed to get secret clearance (and certain jobs) until you become a citizen.

I think you are wrong. When i was living in the U.S (back in the early 90) A recruiter came to our high school and he personally told me that you had to be a U.S citizen to join. But i guess that Juanesky knows it better. Or maybe the recruiter was lying to me...

In the past you have tried to bring your military conclusion "based one what you think", and it has failed terribly.

It doesn´t get any more ambiguous than that. Care to provide a link....

For example to have certain jobs in the armed forces you need certain score in the general aptitud test (ASVAB) you take, of course since you don't have a clue about this, you prefer to argue a point with uneducated guesses. If you try to join any branch have no HS diploma or GED, they will not take you.

You haven´t read the article i posted have you? The U.S inmigration department clearly states that you do not need to be a U.S citizen nor need to have a HS diploma. It does talk about the ASVAB score but since they don´t say the score you need to get to join that test does not reflect how smart you have to be for being let in.

Please do read the article (it is not too long) and then we can discuss the matter.

FYI Being a US citizen is far diferent as the treatment I and many of my relatives / friends have received as Spanish citizens in Spain, who where subjected to racism and ignorance because in there being a Spanish citizen depends on the origin you have, if you are from South America you will always be considered a 2nd class citizen Sudaca. So much for an enlightened European country.....unlike in the US, you are citizen and that's all that is valid.:|

Oh, come on, that is why it was necesary affirmative action towards black U.S citizens, because there is no racism... Sometimes a wonder if you are truly living in the U.S

By the way, we only call Sudacas those South Americans that come illegally, get in their guettos and give trouble while joining the "latin kings", "ñetas", "dominicans don´t play", etc. and do not try to adapt to our way of life. My girlfriend is not an Spanish citizen and she has never had any problem whatsoever, even more she is quite happy with how she has been treated by everybody. But of course she came to spain legally and willing to earn a living working hard.
I honestly don´t know why your family and your friends have had any trouble. I know plenty of people from South America and most of them are very happy. (If not they wouldn´t stay)

Go figure no wonder the issues in many european nations (France-England) about having whole ethnic groups protesting the shitty treatment they get as citizens of that country just based on origins.

I bet those million mexicans who went on a strike in the U.S recently did it because they were being treated very well... Come on Juanesky, i have been living in the U.S. I have seen it.

Anyway, why are you guys trying to convince us that ON AVERAGE the military doesn´t have a lower IQ. It would be like saying that on average college kids are as fit and/or strong as soldiers. That is not the case. (talking always on average)

Tough shit, most military personnel are not paid to think, only to obey, so being really smart comes as a plus, not as a necesity. Samething with fitness and college kids.

I just don´t get why people want to make other believes that soldiers are some sort of superheros both, smart and fit, not that it is not possible on individual cases, but not on average.

Mathematics don´t lie.

Anyway, why are you guys trying to convince us that ON AVERAGE the military doesn´t have a lower IQ. It would be like saying that on average college kids are as fit and/or strong as soldiers. That is not the case. (talking always on average)

Tough shit, most military personnel are not paid to think, only to obey, so being really smart comes as a plus, not as a necesity. Samething with fitness and college kids.

I just don´t get why people want to make other believes that soldiers are some sort of superheros both, smart and fit, not that it is not possible on individual cases, but not on average.

Mathematics don´t lie.

I think the claims so many people object to are those that say our enlistees are below average/sub-standard/on par with manual laborers and that so many enlistees join because their other options are decidedly worse.

Anyway, why are you guys trying to convince us that ON AVERAGE the military doesn´t have a lower IQ

Because no one has brought any FACTS to the table to say GI's are not as smart. And the only thing brought up is a sweeping generalization, and personal opinion.

There are dumb people everywhere. I had a college student tell me that blacks were going to lose the right to vote soon.

Plus we have people saying that the military is both dumb and unfit. Again with nothing more than "I think".

That shows a bias against the military.

Soldiers are not smarter than college students, nor are they dumber. They chose different paths. The military has always been a cross section of the people. Since people from all walks of life enlist.

But some are saying that only the dumb enlist, and that is not true. Dumb people go to school, work ect.

Geeze how freaking hard is it to see how thinking only the dumb enlist is a extreme bias?

as and old fart let me tell you something about this new army

these young men and women are
better educater,smarter,healthyer and all around better folks than my generation ever was.

I posted about running into a group of these folks at the Atlanta airport

my hat is off to them
I did not see any with attitudes,sloppy,and not squaired away.

This generation of military folks are AMERICAS greatest generation

I will buy any serving military trooper a beer anytime and be proud I did

old fart OUT

59 YEARS,OVERWEIGHT,BALDIND,X-GRUNT
LAST MIL. JUMP VIET-NAM(QUAN-TRI)
www.dzmemories.com

Mathematics don´t lie.

Exactly. The reason GI's feel they are smarter, stronger and basically superpeople is due to the brainwashing. Their superiors throw them thsi BS to keep them around and to keep them under their control. Back when I was in they didn;t do that to any of the troops as much, they used other psychological warfare like saying how we would be working at a gas station if we ever got out. Hey, you're under their control, it really works and you second-think getting out.

I guess with a so-called robust economy they have to change their rhetoric. When I was in the economy sucked, so they used that device.