SpeedRacer

List your main objections to Hillary Clinton

She's a bitch...

that's all. :D:D:D

Seriously, I think she's power-hungry. She had more influence than any other First Lady I've ever seen, in politics, and if a power-trip is her sole goal, I really think we would be in deep shit if we elect her president.

Who needs Bill Clinton back in the white house anyways??? :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Past:
George Herbert Walker Bush

Yesterday:
George Herbert Walker Bush / William Jefferson Clinton

Today:
George Herbert Walker Bush / William Jefferson Clinton / George Walker Bush

Tomorrow:
George Herbert Walker Bush / William Jefferson Clinton / George Walker Bush / Hillary Rodham Clinton

Future:
George Herbert Walker Bush / William Jefferson Clinton / George Walker Bush / Hillary Rodham Clinton / John Ellis Bush

There should be political people not political families.
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

Seriously, I think she's power-hungry. She had more influence than any other First Lady I've ever seen, in politics, and if a power-trip is her sole goal, I really think we would be in deep shit if we elect her president.

And GW is not power hungry?????

It never ceases to amaze me how strong women are labeled a bitch when they aspire to success...

while its not labeled the same when men do it...

Nice one guys....:S

She's a bitch...

that's all. :D:D:D

:D

So wait. What you're saying is: Holy shit we have a candidate running for President of the United States who is actually (gasp) POWER HUNGRY???

:o:o:o

NO FUCKING WAY!!!:o

:P;)
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

definition of carpet bagger:

1. A Northerner who went to the South after the Civil War for political or financial advantage.
2. An outsider, especially a politician, who presumptuously seeks a position or success in a new locality.

so, it's because she has moved from one locality to another?

C'mon people. I want some substance here. People go on & on about how Hillary is Satan, there must be important reasons for it.

right?:P
Speed Racer

1. A Northerner who went to the South after the Civil War for political or financial advantage.
2. An outsider, especially a politician, who presumptuously seeks a position or success in a new locality.

C'mon people. I want some substance here. People go on & on about how Hillary is Satan, there must be important reasons for it.

She's a bitch.

That's enough.

No opposition to her I just feel we have much better candidates who are more qualified then Her and C. Rice.
I like John McCain.

I would love to see a woman president who is not afraid to remain a woman. I have noticed many woman who want jobs that were traditionally Men only jobs tend to over compensate (female police officers come to mind). I personally think it would be great to have a change.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

Lawyer from Arkansas that rents/buys a house in NY to become their senator ... if that is not a carpet bagger -- then what is?

steveOrino

As a political figure, she'd be almost as polarizing as Pat Robertson. We need a president who will be a tool in the process, rather than who will be the focal point.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Lawyer from Arkansas that rents/buys a house in NY to become their senator ... if that is not a carpet bagger -- then what is?

John McCain in Arizona, I guess.:P

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Yep, as I said in my original post. "just like so many politicians on both sides." They come in ALL flavors! :P

Of course I must admit I do like his reply when questioned about that. Something to the effect that as a military brat he lived all over the US, and that the longest he lived in any one place was Hanoi. :P

steveOrino

well, traveling from North to South, you have George Bush from connecticut moving to Texas.
Speed Racer

Yep, as I said in my original post. "just like so many politicians on both sides." They come in ALL flavors! :P

Of course I must admit I do like his reply when questioned about that. Something to the effect that as a military brat he lived all over the US, and that the longest he lived in any one place was Hanoi. :P

yes, and I wonder why this is such an important issue?:S
Speed Racer

anyway, I have friends & family back up north who are staunch Democrats, and I want to be able to explain to them why Hillary is such an objectionable choice for a Presidential candidate, but I'm having a hard time nailing down the specific reasons.

"she's a bitch" or "she's a carpetbagger" don't seem to me to be very substantial arguments.

:S
Speed Racer

anyway, I have friends & family back up north who are staunch Democrats, and I want to be able to explain to them why Hillary is such an objectionable choice for a Presidential candidate, but I'm having a hard time nailing down the specific reasons.

"she's a bitch" or "she's a carpetbagger" don't seem to me to be very substantial arguments.

You could try "she's smarter than 95% of men", which is the REAL reason so many men dislike her. Remarkable number of men dislike smart women.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

wow.... a bunch of lame replies here...
"she's a Bitch" ????
C'mon BillyVance ... is that all you got???

I am not much of a fan of ANY politician.. but I do try to pay attention, and have been for decades....

Hillary RODHAM Clinton was a dedicated law student, who aspired... ( does THAT mean she's "power hungry'??? ) to do better, and to help people, and to live a life of prosperity, in the country that has been promoting such things,,,, since the rebound from the stock market crash of 1929.....
She seemed kinda dorky and "studious" from the pictures I've seen of her in her college days.....but I won't hold that against her....since I too was dorky when I was in college, ( just ask ANY of the girls I asked to go out with me ).... :S:(:).....

She met and fell in love with that Charmer Billy Boy, and they threw their Lot in Life in with each other.....:)He became a Governor... and she was I believe a trusted advisor.. Anyway... years later he won the presidency and She made an attempt to remedy our health care system....
What's wrong with that????? Anyone out there
have a problem with a decent health Care system in this country?????..
( which by the way,,, we currently,,,, "aint got " ) ( all we have is a "sick care system" ) >:(
.....so the G O P .... stifled her every move.. prevented progress. thrashed her publicly, and NOTHING got accomplished in that venue....How sad.
Then they dragged her in the mud over that Whitewater land deal.....At a time when people near and far were doing the exact same thing....Shuffling properties, obtaining Huge loans against some "development or another", where they'd receive millions of Dollars of FDIC INSURED money, based on little more than a set of blueprints and a good sales pitch...
Anyway.. that land deal was Penny Ante,, by comparison to many many other deals were were left unscrutinized..... She raised a daughter in the glare of the white house press lights,,,,( unlike the Bushes, whose twins seek the "celebrity " spotlight ) managed to maintain her dignity and to NOT publicly castigate her husband in front of the whole world.... Hillary tolerated all the crap that the media, and lots of petty people tried to heap on her.... and
STILL followed her original Goals of helping people, making constructive efforts in this world, and serving her constituents to the best of her abilities,,,,,,, which have proven to be substantial, and consistant.....
It bugs me when someone is "labeled this or that" and then gullible people simply take Up those labels, when assessing that person...
hell... give some examples where she has been a bitch...... Show some concrete situations, where she has been other than cordial, justify your label of the Woman,, or else retract the personal slur...( and i don't wanna hear about some time when she mioght have been justifiably P.O. 'ed and had to hollar at someone )
Man this country is getting way out of Whack....People who want to contribute are shunned and maligned. People who Can't contribute,,and who are Inept..... are given the prestigious and powerful positions , and then their misteps and screw-ups are forgiven..not just at the executive level but right down the line......... well not anymore..
the G O P ( there's an Oxymoron for you ) has had it's chance.... with dismal results... Not sure If Hillary is the right anwswer. But if she steps Up and Declares her desire to serve this country at that level,, AND if she formulates a sensible and workable plan to help return this country to a level of respect and admiration worldwide..... Then I am gonna VOTE for her..........
And sorry steverino....[:/]...... carpetbagging is the very example of a misused Label tossed on her by the media...
people Move here and there all over the place in this day and age.... and I see her relocating to New York as a sign of her strength, resiliency and smarts...... Not for her own benefit....... but for the benefit of the citizens of the country.... her efforts are being made in the Senate, for the good of alll US citizens,, not just new yorkers. and I think If her motives are for person gain, she would have bagged politics altogether,,, and gotten into many many other lucrative and financially superior situations,,, such as "consulting" or even Entertainment, Media, or Journalism...carpet bagger????? it's an old outdated term.. and not applicable here...sorry...
Those who feel she's evil or who "hate" her
have their heads Up their Asses.... Pardon my French....
As for her future????
One thing is for sure.....
the world will be watching....

:)

She is the seeming antithesis of southern womanhood. Southern women can be tough as nails, but they still do their hair etc. Think of Ann Richards or Kay Bailey Hutchinson. While that has absolutely nothing to do with her ability as a potential president, it has a lot to do with how people think of her.

And while a lot of senators and congresscritters don't represent the states they were born in, most of them spent some time (i.e. years) living in those states, to get an idea of what the people were like, how the rhythms of life impact the belief sets, etc.

Edit to add: from what I've read, she's an extremely effective senator. I hope that if she runs for President, we don't lose an extremely effective senator. She's been pretty good at trying to bridge the partisan divide.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

You could try "she's smarter than 95% of men", which is the REAL reason so many men dislike her. Remarkable number of men dislike smart women.

Well yeah, she has a law degree, right? She may be smart, but she was also a "mover and shaker" in the white house as the first lady. I seem to remember something about firing the whole travel dept there? It's been a while so the memory's not as sharp.

I voted for Bill Clinton back then over HW Bush and later over Bob Dole because he was the best choice over them. I would not vote for Hillary, though I can't pin down exactly why, other than the fact I just don't like her for some reason, but it's not because she's smart.

Just maybe, she could become the most polarizing president we've ever had, as far as getting things worked out with congress over new bills... Bush's foreign policy is bad enough. She might make it worse.

However, all that said, it's still early and campaigns haven't really started yet. Let's just see who decides to run and what the candidates have to say...
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban