livetofall

Skydiving or no foriegn oil dependence?

Lets just say that between the environment and the oil crisis, all "entertainment use" of fossil fuel was restricted. This was due to the fact we stopped all war and gave up went home. Gasoline restricions like back in the 70s. Or we continued fighting for the freedom of Iraq, and get business back to usual. Not looking for critisism. Just true feelings. I am seeing a lot of comments on SUVs and all the other envirocrap and why we are at war. So if our war and maybe upcoming war was over oil, where is your real stand? Also the option of Iraq sanction and expensive jumps. Answer honestly..this is a blind vote:ph34r:
www.911missinglinks.com the definitive truth of 9/11..the who and why, not how

You can handle the TRUTH www.theforbiddentruth.net

should just bann US made cars (yeah i'm taking a stab) and palstic wrapping before skydiving.

those two things use far more oil than would be needed if alternitave were used eg, non behemouth japanese cars and paper!
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

require all people to ride a motorcycle and DZ's could add 3000 foot hop 'n pop towers ...but my answers are in jest because your poll is misleading and hence I comment without voting

edit:

What about credits for personal use, ie you could drive a truck, or ride a motorcycle AND skydive. or you could ride a bicycle and your teenage daughters could both roll in hummers, perhaps one could sell their credits, so if you want to live in a tree you could make a living off some jumper- of course there is a wider debate about energy credits and for companies I'm not sure how good they are.

how 'bout income tax credits for motorcycle commuters, bike commuters, train riders

I am confused.

So the Iraqi war is related to oil or not?

I would have to say if those were the option and the only option (which I don’t believe that to be the case) I would give up skydiving.

30K + plus our won troops dyeing so I can skydive doesn’t make since to me.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

>all "entertainment use" of fossil fuel was restricted. This was due
>to the fact we stopped all war and gave up went home.

?? Oil production has still not recovered to pre-invasion levels. So if we had stayed home we would now have MORE oil worldwide. So your premise doesn't make sense.

>So if our war and maybe upcoming war was over oil, where is your real stand?

Take the money we would have spent on war and use it to become energy independent. That would take several avenues:

1) A greater reliance on nuclear power. Use HTGR's to make methane (natural gas) and desalinate water (plus generate power of course.) Use designs like the AP600 to generate most of our baseline electrical power.

2) More mass transit. Put in light rail down highway medians in large cities all over the US.

3) More diversity in transportation fuels. Mandate E85 compatibility for all vehicles sold in the US, and B100 compatibility for all diesels. Use incentives to encourage purchase of electrics (both pure electrics and pluggable hybrids) and natural gas vehicles.

4) Expand incentives for distributed solar electric and solar DHW for businesses and residences.

5) Increase the use of wind and small hydro power. Expand the use of biogas from landfills.

6) More research into cellulosic ethanol. Would allow us to make fuel from trash.

I'm no expert here, but I've heard that gasoline grade oil is only a small percentage of the use of actual oil. I've been told that oil's primary use is in plactics.

If the US is in war over oil, the fuel part of it is a very small part. (it's just the one that most people see)

But what the hell do I know...let me just sit in my corner with my glue.
What goes up, must come DOWN!!!

>but I've heard that gasoline grade oil is only a small percentage of the use of actual oil.

A gallon of crude in California is refined into the following products:

Finished Motor Gasoline 51.4%
Distillate Fuel Oil 15.3%
Jet Fuel 12.6%
Still Gas 5.4%
Marketable Coke 5.0%
Residual Fuel Oil 3.3%
Liquefied Refinery Gas 2.8%
Asphalt and Road Oil 1.9%
Other Refined Products 1.5%
Lubricants 0.9%

I'm no expert here, but I've heard that gasoline grade oil is only a small percentage of the use of actual oil. I've been told that oil's primary use is in plactics.

It depends on the source & type of oil but even heavier crude is cracked into lighter products like gasoline. This is what the refineries do, they try to make useful marketable gasoline from heavier hydrocarbons that you tend to get naturally, so what comes out of the ground is not the mix you end up with as product.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cracking_(chemistry)

Heck you forgot all the Right Wing Religious types who ... will figure out a way to MIRACLE their asses up to 14k

You know, I'm not a "right wing religious type" but a comment about any other religion like that would have people calling you out for such a narrow view and for such a harsh statement. However, its trendy now days for people, especially people with left of center political views, to blatently state hate speech against people who believe in Christianity.

If the same hate speech was used against Muslims, Buddists, Atheists, or any other religious group, it wouldn't have been tollerated.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Have you been reading posts here, and reports in the media lately?

So you're going to say its ok to use hate speech, since other people use hate speech. Ok Bill. That's disappointing since I really do view you as having a level head and viewing things appropiately/fairly, even when we disagree politically.

If hate speech is ok, then lets not leave anyone out and start talking about people who don't have hetro sex, people who different races, lets not leave anyone out Bill.

Pssst.. Daveipoo.. I grew up in a V ERY religious household....and spent YEARS in parochial school.( Protestant.. AND Catholic Schools)

I just dont believe I HAVE to go to( choose your flavor of religious bigotry) CHURCH... its SOOOOOO hard figureing out which one of them is the right church that is NOT going to hell because they do not follow the APPROVED road to heaven by THAT PARTICULAR SECT of Christianity.

I guess I stepped ona FUNDIE nerve huh???

I was also raised in a uber-religious household. I haven't been to church in over 8 years. This is due to my personal beliefs and disdain for many of the uber-religious types that are typically found in churches. I disagree with them on many things, politically and spiritually.

However, I still don't make hateful comments about them. Even though I really don't personally like going to church or some of the people I come in contact at one.

I guess I stepped ona FUNDIE nerve huh???

Reread the posts in this thread that I wrote and tell me if at any point it looks like you "stepped ona FUNDIE nerve." What you stepped on was a nerve about hate speech towards individuals that are different then yourself.

6) More research into cellulosic ethanol. Would allow us to make fuel from trash.

Like this article from The Temple of VTEC:

http://www.vtec.net/news/news-item?news_item_id=612641
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

So its ok if its not someone who is politically right of your position that points out someone's unacceptable behavor?

Oh do we have to go back and look at some of your rants about Leftie professors????:S

We constantly are bombarded from the UBBER RIGHT about all this POLITICAL CORRECTNESS in todays world...I mean.. you should be able to call whoever you want... what ever you want.. right???