Mikki_ZH

US solders rape 14 year old Irakian and kill her and her family

agree, life or LIFE is appropriate.

but this has to do with justice (i.e., these criminals need to be taken care of so they can't do it again) - it doesn't have to do with revenge (your dead victim comment) or with obscure political viewpoints (your long suffering Iraqi comment)

A very strong message needs to be sent to our own people. This kind of thing can not and must not be allowed or tolerated. No matter what the escuse we have to be better than this kind of attrocity.>:(

Doesn't punishment come into your considerations?...I didn't mention revenge. I didn't even insinuate it.....Long suffering Iraqi's = obscure political viewpoint?....I think I know where this is leadingreply]

punishment is justice and the intent to remove those that can't play well in civilization (as demonstrated by their illegal actions).

retribution should not be part of the decision - call it revenge, closure for the victims, punishment, - it's all too late. Else why not just advocate putting them in a room with the girl's uncles for 3 days?

as far as long suffering iraqi's comment, you don't know where it's going. My only point is that a crime was committed by x number of criminals against y number of victims. That is the total number of people involved and the rest of the population is only involved in terms of being protected from repeat crimes by the criminals = justice. Nothing else applies, no matter how emotionally compelling the state of these strangers are. YOur statement was a dodge to a political tangent, mine was a point that it's a moot position.

simply stated, you punish the criminal for his crime only - you don't punish him based on how bad the victim's parents feel. You also don't reduce the punishment based on how bad the criminal's parents feel either. Justice should be cold. The cliche temporing justice with compassion is a crock whether it favors the criminal or the victim.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

A very strong message needs to be sent to our own people. This kind of thing can not and must not be allowed or tolerated. No matter what the escuse we have to be better than this kind of attrocity.>:(

Absolutely - the message must be, you get convicted of a crime, you get punished per the rules without any bias for or against your sentence based on thin arguments of circumstances.

Edit: I think that changing a standing punishment to 'send a message' is a political dodge and is also a travesty of justice. If the penalty is death, then it should be death and nothing less. If the penalty is 50 years in prison, then that should be the penalty, nothing less, nothing more - the time to set the penalty was when the rules were written, to change them in the heat of battle is just wrong.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Look Rehmwa, I'm not saying what you've said is bollox, but there is some misunderstanding from you over what I've said and mean.

Try reading the earlier posts, especially in regards to things being 'brushed under the carpet.'

'for it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "chuck 'im out, the brute!" But it's "saviour of 'is country" when the guns begin to shoot.'

Try reading the earlier posts, especially in regards to things being 'brushed under the carpet.'

Is this specific case being 'brushed'? or are we just being cynical and assuming it will be without knowing for sure?

And if I'm misunderstanding your original content based on a couple later posts, sorry. Seems to happen all the time here. mea culpa

Anyway, I'm off on a tangent (sorry about that) about crime and justice in general - it's a tweak of mine here. Seems 'most' can't differentiate between justice and a vigilante attitude. It's scary (both the general public's attitudes and me going off on tangents).

if the animals who did this are truely guilty and not just political scapegoats then kill them like a rabid animal that they are.

Their higher ups also neeed a ass kicking for not keeping their troops on a tighter leash. I thought Booze, drugs etc was supposed to be a no no.

There was a reason the ring leader was sent home early and discharged from the army early. Now the vivil courts in the US have to deal with the A-hole.

If we're talking about the same baby raper i smell a cover up at least on the platoon level.>:(>:(

These bad apples are a disgrace to all thi=ose that did their duty serving over there.

Life in leavenworth will be a living hell, save the money and execute the SOB's ASAP.

R.I.P.