outrager

An eye for an eye consequences

> Rather they're attacking an organization which is hell-bent on Israel's destruction, whatever it takes.

Israel should take em out completly, winning absolute victory and the US should do all they can to insure they have all the support necessary to complete this task.

I'm choosing sides and I choose Israel over terriorist and Governments that provide safe haven and financial, and military support to blood thursty killers.

I don't think the Lebanese govt. provides safe haven or support for Hezbollah. I don't think they have the wherewithal to do either. I'm quite sure that the Lebanese govt. would be very happy to see the end of the terrorists if it could be accomplished without destroying the entire country in the process.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

> Rather they're attacking an organization which is hell-bent on Israel's destruction, whatever it takes.

Israel should take em out completly, winning absolute victory and the US should do all they can to insure they have all the support necessary to complete this task.

I'm choosing sides and I choose Israel over terriorist and Governments that provide safe haven and financial, and military support to blood thursty killers.

......and the "other" state sponsoring these thugs
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Welcome to WW3. :(

I don't think it's inevitable, but the possibility seems to be increasing. Much hangs in the balance right now, and the availability of oil in the region is a huge concern for the industrialized world, especially the US, China, and Russia. I'm morbidly curious to see how it plays out.

The last couple years I've been looking at our position of advantage regarding Iran, with both Afghanistan and Iraq on our payroll. The last week though, I've been noticing Afghanistan is no longer as valuable as it was, and in a regional war, our boys in Iraq will find themselves quite busy if Iran & Syria enter the fray, and surrounded if Saudi Arabia were to part ways with us. At that point, I think the alliance of the Arab nations with any significant non-regional country would cause the pot to boil over (most significantly China or Russia, but even N. Korea & a couple latin American or eastern European countries would be sufficient kindling)

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

we don't need middle eastern oil.

True. What I said was, "the availability of oil is a huge concern for the industrialized world." I think that's also true.

On the topic of this conflict growing, here's an interesting article. I watched the Syrian ambassador on TV this weekend. He reminds me of the Iraqi information minister...remember that guy? :S:D

I don't know how valid the story is, but Al Jazeera is reporting that Israel has quietly given Syria a 72-hour window to force Hezbollah to release their soldiers. Syria has pledged support to Lebanon, and Iran has come close to pledging support to Syria (see www.iran-daily.com). The dominos are definitely being set, the questions are how big and complex the pattern will get, and whether anyone will tip them in a way that turns the region into a battlefield for non-regional countries.

Blues,
Dave
(drink Mountain Dew)

True. What I said was, "the availability of oil is a huge concern for the industrialized world." I think that's also true.

On the topic of this conflict growing, here's an interesting article. I watched the Syrian ambassador on TV this weekend. He reminds me of the Iraqi information minister...remember that guy? :S:D

I don't know how valid the story is, but Al Jazeera is reporting that Israel has quietly given Syria a 72-hour window to force Hezbollah to release their soldiers. Syria has pledged support to Lebanon, and Iran has come close to pledging support to Syria (see www.iran-daily.com). The dominos are definitely being set, the questions are how big and complex the pattern will get, and whether anyone will tip them in a way that turns the region into a battlefield for non-regional countries.

Blues,
Dave

That sounds ominously like the Balkans in August 1914.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

CNN has the video on it's front page. I thought the sweater comment (not on CNN's track) was the funniest part. My impression of Bush went down farther when I saw that he's one of those disgusting fucks who talks with a mouth full of food. B|:S You'd think he could be at least a little professional when talking to the PM of England! :D

The conversation is just candid and kinda funny. Despite that, Bush's blame of Syria for the whole thing isn't likely to ease tensions over there.

Blues,
Dave
(drink Mountain Dew)

In order to keep things balanced, just and fair, Hamas will now need to work overtime to kill another hundred+ of israeli civilians.

By the same token, USA deserves another terrorist act with about 10000..50000 civilian casualties just to keep things fair and square with iraqis.

That's the problem with "An Eye For An Eye".

Pretty soon everyone ends up blind.[:/]

Mike.

Taking the piss out of the FrenchAmericans since before it was fashionable.

Prenait la pisse hors du FrançaisCanadiens méridionaux puisqu'avant lui à la mode.

so in your opinion, japan should get to come over to america and kill approx 200,000 people to "make up" for the atom bombs?
:S

That would be just and fair. As for should they or not, this entirely depends on their current goal.

As Mike just said above, "That's the problem with "An Eye For An Eye". Pretty soon everyone ends up blind."

bsbd!

Yuri.

Baghdad Bob?

Blues,
Dave