LisaH

Which one is better?

the one that gave you a link to a place right around the corner from you. :P but the boobie post was serious to I just cant help myself Im just so helpful!!:ph34r: :ph34r:
Beauty is only skin deep, but ugly goes clean to the bone!

I like to start my day off with a little Ray of Soulshine™!!

the one that gave you a link to a place right around the corner from you. :P but the boobie post was serious to I just cant help myself Im just so helpful!!:ph34r: :ph34r:

Ok...backing up to recheck link...
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

That was so wrong and they are all ugly >:(:ph34r:
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

Yes the Sig is one of the best handguns made in the world. I would know it well enough to take it apart in the middle of the night and put it back together again and use it.

The Lady Smith however was designed for women, it's small, lightweight, very easy to use, has great stopping power, only has a 5 shell cylinder. For her purposes I would say that it would be an excellent choice based upon on her needs. She is asking so I assume she is not a firearms expert.... or wishes to become one. An auto is always a more complex firearm, if you limp wrist them during firing they have been know to jam.

As an aside, here locally a PCP nutjob broke into a house that was occuipied by a family. The father wasn't home and the young boy used two pistols to defend against the intruder. The auto jammed and the revolver did not. Said intruder was struck 3 times with shots from the revolver.

Hey, good post with a lot of good information in it!

Something to consider is definately your hand size and fitment in your hand. If the weapon is not fun to shoot or atleast enjoyable to shoot, you won't practice. An untrained or worst, an unpracticed hand is dangerous to themselves and others.

Buy something that fits your hand, fullfills your need and is fun to shoot.

Personally I would highly recommend looking at something likethe Kimber Pro-Carry, the Glock 27 and/or the 23 as well as Sig's offering in the compact sizes.

All of those, including the two you have shown, are great weapons.

Personally I carry a Glock 27 and a Glock 22 daily and they are GREAT weapons, both good at what they are for, but they're not for everybody.

Do you have a local range that will let you rent/demo weapons?

Too bad you're not semi-local to me, or we could go to the range together. You could shoot what I own and my local range has a large selection of demo/rental weapons.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I'm jealous. :)
I want one!!

I've shot both a 9 mm and a 40 cal (and I know the 40 cal was a glock) and neither of them knocked me down. And I'm a normal weak girl ... only 5'3".

Like they suggested, go to a shooting range... rent one and see what you feel comfortable with. The kickback (or whatever the 'technical' term is) was definitely more on a 40 cal but nothing I couldn't handle.

As a woman, I just thought I'd throw in my 2 cents. :P

Best of luck and let us know what you decide on. :)

Sarah, you know I'd be more than happy to take you to the range and let you shoot what I own if you split the lane and buy your own ammo. I'd even be willing to teach you some things, just as I taught Morgan some when we go shoot.

Hey, good post with a lot of good information in it!

Something to consider is definately your hand size and fitment in your hand. If the weapon is not fun to shoot or atleast enjoyable to shoot, you won't practice. An untrained or worst, an unpracticed hand is dangerous to themselves and others.

Buy something that fits your hand, fullfills your need and is fun to shoot.

Personally I would highly recommend looking at something likethe Kimber Pro-Carry, the Glock 27 and/or the 23 as well as Sig's offering in the compact sizes.

All of those, including the two you have shown, are great weapons.

Personally I carry a Glock 27 and a Glock 22 daily and they are GREAT weapons, both good at what they are for, but they're not for everybody.

Do you have a local range that will let you rent/demo weapons?

Too bad you're not semi-local to me, or we could go to the range together. You could shoot what I own and my local range has a large selection of demo/rental weapons.

I have my sharpshooters pin at the range ;) I just want a better gun. Dad messed with me and gave me bruises with a .357 (he was a cop) But I'm glad he taught me!

Edited to say: This is so going to SC isn't it?
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

If you like, maybe you can come out to the local range with Clownburner and me. They've got a lot of guns you can rent for $5, so you can try a bunch of different ones.

Last time I went shooting, I used a revolver, and it kicked worse than the glock I'd used before.

If you like, maybe you can come out to the local range with Clownburner and me. They've got a lot of guns you can rent for $5, so you can try a bunch of different ones.

Last time I went shooting, I used a revolver, and it kicked worse than the glock I'd used before.

Hey you! That would be so cool. Where is it?
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

Yup. Then you'll get a lot of posts by people telling you that you should hug the criminal that's trying to rape and kill you instead of defending yourself...

Yup. Then you'll get a lot of posts by people telling you that you should hug the criminal that's trying to rape and kill you instead of defending yourself...

Exactly why I'm buying a gun...:D
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

If you are looking for something small, a Glock Model 26 is no bigger than either the S&W or the Colt you are looking at. Its a 9mm, which is pretty close to the same size as a 38.
[/url]http://www.glock.com/g26.htm[url]

I carry a glock almost daily, so I'm a little biased I admit.:P

If you are looking for something small, a Glock Model 26 is no bigger than either the S&W or the Colt you are looking at. Its a 9mm, which is pretty close to the same size as a 38.
[/url]http://www.glock.com/g26.htm[url]

I carry a glock almost daily, so I'm a little biased I admit.:P

Thanks!!
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo