Skyrad

There maybe trouble ahead...

Yea, its looking VERY ugly. Upto now if Hamas pulled a stunt like this the PA would get a smack on the wrists and told to clean house, now Hamas is the government and they have commited as such an act of war. Israel is just waiting to hear that the soldier is dead and then all hell is going to break out. I see Israel is already massing tanks. :( Hamas has withdrawn its forces from the streets which will make nice grouped targets for the Israeli pilots.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

I dont understand... Who gets to win.
The poor soldier? Unlikey
Israel? No... just end up looking like war mongers.
Hamas? No chance
The innocents? Well they never do.

:(

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

I thought there would be peace if Israel withdrew from Gaza. They did, and now they got raided?

Wow. I'm shocked. No way I expected THIS to happen.

I take it thats sarcasm
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

I am sure storming beaches and killing people with canon fire doesn’t really help the peace.

And your suggested response to Hamas violence would be what?

What about the threats to use chemical and biological weapons against Israel if they invade Gaza to get their kidnapped soldier back?

It is going to get ugly, and fast. I will hold out hope until the last moment, but I don't see that doing any good.

Sigh. Makes me hurt for everyone...and although I agree with the Israelis, I have sympathy for those Palestinians who just want to live their lives in peace. Their leadership is to blame for this entire thing, not them.

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

Anyone who's seen "Munich" knows the following:

You should not fuck with God's chosen people.

The Israelis will seriously fuck up anyone who screws with them. Just ask the losers of the wars fought against them.
Illinois needs a CCW Law. NOW.

I find myself empathising with the Israelis on this.:o

It appears that Hamas has failed to transition into being a responsible government (OK, they weren't given all that much of a chance with the whole finance & aid thing) and actually control their country, and more particularly, the more extreme elements of their organisation. The Israeli reaction is nothing if not predictable.

No-one *wants* the israelis back in Gaza, least of all the Israelis, but if that's what it takes to stabilise the area, then it's hardly unexpected that that's what the Israelis will do.

This has been brewing for a while, ever since Hamas members started to supplant supplement the local police.

Mike.

Taking the piss out of the FrenchAmericans since before it was fashionable.

Prenait la pisse hors du FrançaisCanadiens méridionaux puisqu'avant lui à la mode.