akarunway

Another RAT jumps ship

"He led a personal crusade to make unprecedented multibillion-dollar investments in fighting AIDS, malaria and poverty around the globe. He became one of the few voices pressing for a more aggressive policy to stop genocide in Darfur, even as critics complained of U.S. inaction."

The link SURE doesn't support your assertion that Gerson is a RAT. [:/]

He's not.

Do you often post nasty comments about people with links to articles that speak very highly of them?

. . =(_8^(1)

"He led a personal crusade to make unprecedented multibillion-dollar investments in fighting AIDS, malaria and poverty around the globe. He became one of the few voices pressing for a more aggressive policy to stop genocide in Darfur, even as critics complained of U.S. inaction."

The link SURE doesn't support your assertion that Gerson is a RAT. [:/]He works for Bush doesn't he. And as far as I'm concerned Bush's ship/GOP is sinking. Rats bailing off the ship. I'll stand by it:P

He's not.

Do you often post nasty comments about people with links to articles that speak very highly of them?

I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

He also pushed for a $15 billion program to combat

HIV and AIDS worldwide, telling Bush in the Oval Office that they would never be forgiven if they passed up the chance. Although he kept a hand in major speeches during the second term, he became increasingly focused on Africa and traveled there four times to see Darfur and other places firsthand, returning to describe searing scenes to his White House colleagues.

He is one of the few good ones that was connected to this administration. This planet could use a few more people like him. Rat? Not at all.
"...And once you're gone, you can't come back
When you're out of the blue and into the black."
Neil Young

He is one of the few good ones that was connected to this administration. This planet could use a few more people like him. Rat? Not at all.

This situation is reversed -- more like a person jumping off a boat full of rats.

. . =(_8^(1)

This situation is reversed -- more like a person jumping off a boat full of rats.

Going to be a lot of tears when they look at the poll numbers in the next few weeks. :D

>How exactly do you think having troops here prevents attacks?

Deterrence.

Do you think that if we had no armed forces in the US (or that could respond quickly in the US) we'd be left alone? San Diego would belong to Mexico and Hawaii to China in short order.

Deterrence.

Do you think that if we had no armed forces in the US (or that could respond quickly in the US) we'd be left alone? San Diego would belong to Mexico and Hawaii to China in short order.

Deterrence comes from good intel. That's not provided by the Military. The Military simply reacts to a situation. Being in Iraq is is much more of a deterrence.

I'm not too worried about Mexico or China invading, are you? You do realize it is illegal to use the Military as a police force in the US, dont you?

Going to be a lot of tears when they look at the poll numbers in the next few weeks. :D

Looks like the projected Bush bounce is becoming reality -- much denial and hand-wringing to follow. :D

What is he up to, 30%? By who's polls? Like the stock market, he's yet to sustain anything except huge deficits/debts. And now the gas prices, his fault or not, he gets the much deserved credit. Besides, it's the Congressional race that matters at this point and most think the Repubs suck in Congress.

Deterrence.

Deterrence comes from good intel. That's not provided by the Military. The Military simply reacts to a situation. Being in Iraq is is much more of a deterrence.

I'm not too worried about Mexico or China invading, are you? You do realize it is illegal to use the Military as a police force in the US, dont you?

I can't understand why the insurgents don't get out of the ME and go to where they love to terrorize. I think the US has more of a chance scattering the insurgents there than if they were here guarding our borders.

Deterrence as a theory is a joke. As well as in application.

You do realize it is illegal to use the Military as a police force in the US, dont you?

Go to get Noriega was illegal too, perhaps the seizing of Saddam was as well, but who is going to police us?

What is he up to, 30%? By who's polls?

If you take a magnifying glass and look at the current date on this chart, you can see the beginnings of an upturn. :o

http://www.hist.umn.edu/~ruggles/Approval.htm

Besides, it's the Congressional race that matters at this point and most think the Repubs suck in Congress.

They all suck, and it will be interesting to see how it turns out.

. . =(_8^(1)

Deterrence.

I don't see that. Maybe if we had NO military at all. But a Military can be redeployed.

Also we can't use US troops inside the US. In fact most military places that need security have civilians with guns on the fence, not Army people for that reason.

Also we can't use US troops inside the US.

This document broadly interpreted, says we can...

http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-bin/getdoc.cgi?dbname=107_cong_bills&docid=f:sj23enr.txt.pdf

According to the constitution..not supposed to use US troops against US citizens. But to me that's questionable in ~ weren't armed US troops in the airports after 9-11, weren't armed Army Reserve & National Guard troops used against college unrest in the 60's?
(in fact name a state university that DOESN'T have a National Guard or Army Reserve armory in town)

I think utilizing the standing army to secure the national borders is what we originally HAD an Army for!

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Definitely true. I would rather have them here, protecting the US from attack.

The majority of US forces are already here, and more are on the way in the coming years (as Army posts in Germany stand down, and return stateside). So, your wish has been granted...and has been for some time.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

Deterrence.

If our nukes arent enough deterence we have several airborne divisions that can respond within hours. Not to mention the many many many leg units throughout the country.

We are well protected. 150,000 troops in iraq or not. If we were attacked rest assured that we would crush the opposing force on our soil, invade their country and instill a government that would be an "economic ally"

You should work on your analogies. Mexico?

Deterrence.

If our nukes arent enough deterence we have several airborne divisions that can respond within hours. Not to mention the many many many leg units throughout the country.

Mexico?

My son's airborne division had 2 regiments gainfully employed guarding a detention center in NW Iraq, plenty far enough away from any airbase that I seriously doubt they could have responded to anything inside of a week.

Really good use of our rapid response units, eh?:S

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

My son's airborne division had 2 regiments gainfully employed guarding a detention center in NW Iraq, plenty far enough away from any airbase that I seriously doubt they could have responded to anything inside of a week.

I can guarantee that there are plenty of air assets that can respond to your son's unit inside a week...I'm guessing within minutes. I'm speaking from experience of course.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

I can guarantee that there are plenty of air assets that can respond to your son's unit inside a week...I'm guessing within minutes. I'm speaking from experience of course.

Well, they'd have to evacuate a regiment and its stuff to Baghdad, by helo, before any "rapid deloyment" to anywhere else could begin.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.