freethefly

AIDS, The Deadliest Epidemic in History

And it can be non-living for billions of years...... or up to 10k years if you thump bibles..... That's whack; how can a virus be non-living for that long and decide to inject its DNA into a host's nucleus for replication. Fuckin evil they are. At least bacteria must be alive to repro and they do via binary fision and don't require a host but for food or a cozy environment.

*laughs* its not evil mate.. its life.. and a part of living. Everything plays its part..

shit happens.. why? dont really know. but thats life! Just got to deal with what happens..

But yes, amazing things viruses.. bacteriums..

FW

<>

No, I think that you'll find that Maleria is.

Health-AIDS-malaria: Malaria risk linked to AIDS infection

Agence France-Presse - September 21, 2000

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PARIS, Sept 21 (AFP) - People with HIV may be twice as likely to catch malaria compared to people who do not have the AIDS virus, according to the first research to confirm a link between the two diseases.

The finding is bad news for parts of southern Africa where AIDS incidence is surging and the malaria mosquito endemic, say the doctors, reporting their work in Saturday's issue of The Lancet.

The researchers monitored 484 people who visited a rural clinic in Uganda from 1990 and 1998, where their temperature was taken and blood monitored for any malaria parasites and for a count of CD4 cells -- the white blood cells that are unleashed by the immune system in response to an invader.

Malaria infection was found among 11.8 percent of individuals with the AIDS virus, compared with 6.3 percent among people who were HIV-negative.

The risk of malaria rose exponentially as the CD4 count fell among worsening AIDS patients.

The researchers were led by James Whitworth of the Uganda Virus Research Institute in Entebbe, the Ugandan capital.

They call for an intensive effort to research the interaction between malaria and HIV -- how the AIDS virus' attack on the body's immune system can also lessen resistance to malaria.

Knowledge of a link can also help drug designers, giving them an insight into the mechanism of immune response.

In the meantime, the team says, the findings amount to an alarm call for southern Africa, where in some parts the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) has already infected around a third of the population.

There are "profound implications for public health" given that people with HIV are also found to be substantially at risk from malaria, they say.
"...And once you're gone, you can't come back
When you're out of the blue and into the black."
Neil Young

Interesting... it's 6 years old now, has there been an update?

http://www.africa-union.org/root/au/conferences/past/2006/may/summit/summit.htm

Every 30 seconds a child dies from malaria in Africa and 90% of the half billion malaria cases recorded annual occur in Africa. Malaria and poverty interact in a vicious circle and recent evidence shows that there is a link between malaria and HIV. For instance, malaria infection during pregnancy may increase the risk of mother-to-child transmission of HIV.
Neil Young

I wonder if the Health organizations in Africa have issued a statement regarding the unsafe practice of fucking apes or monkeys as a rite of manhood.

Gotta add this one to the "uninformed statement list". Do a search on the Origin of HIV.
Neil Young

I wonder if the Health organizations in Africa have issued a statement regarding the unsafe practice of fucking apes or monkeys as a rite of manhood.

Gotta add this one to the "uninformed statement list". Do a search on the Origin of HIV.

I will come up with the article....

BTW I was referring to an article in a medical jounal forwarded from an Epidemiologist I know, if I renmemer correctly it was in reference to the possible first known infection in Africa.

I also remember that the researchers would not disclose the name of that tribe for fear of retribution or other violence visted upon them.

I do not think anything about HIV/AIDS is funny.

I was merely inquiring if there were any actions taken in order to educate the population at large.

Futhermore there are many more infectious disease that are spread through contact with non human primates.

Now I am assuming you think I am some dumb shit who knows nothing.

I will not waste any more of your time until I post that document upon retrieving it.

http://www.avert.org/origins.htm

Now I am assuming you think I am some dumb shit who knows nothing.

Not at all.

There are alot of theories on the origin of HIV as well as a good number of falsehoods and the simian-human intercourse theory just doesn't pan out.
Neil Young

While you get the article, lets bust a few myths:

HIV/AIDS was not started because someone had sex with a monkey or ape. Ask anyone you know personally who works in an ER and they will tell you what they've seen people come in attached to. Beastiality is not new.

Homosexuality is not new. Nor is it the leading cause of new infections. Its been stated previously the leading numbers of new infections are young women under 25 and heterosexual people over 50.

Promiscuity is not new. We just know more about it because of shows like Springer & Maury. But lets not be fooled. You don't have to be under-educated and live like a Spring 'guest' to be at risk. If you've had more than one partner, you were at risk.

Celibacy is great, but it doesn't matter if you don't know where you stand. Get tested--you have to request and sign for the test. Its easy to take yourself out of the 'game', but what if there is a need for medical monitoring or intervention? Sticking your head in the sand won't protect you if you don't protect yourself from something that could have happened 15 years ago.

We're all touched by this. We've all lost friends or family to it. Don't lose yourself. Know where you stand--you MAY be surprised, but it probably will save your life. ~~April

Camelot II, the Electric Boogaloo!

While you get the article, lets bust a few myths:

HIV/AIDS was not started because someone had sex with a monkey or ape. Ask anyone you know personally who works in an ER and they will tell you what they've seen people come in attached to. Beastiality is not new.

Homosexuality is not new. Nor is it the leading cause of new infections. Its been stated previously the leading numbers of new infections are young women under 25 and heterosexual people over 50.

Promiscuity is not new. We just know more about it because of shows like Springer & Maury. But lets not be fooled. You don't have to be under-educated and live like a Spring 'guest' to be at risk. If you've had more than one partner, you were at risk.

Celibacy is great, but it doesn't matter if you don't know where you stand. Get tested--you have to request and sign for the test. Its easy to take yourself out of the 'game', but what if there is a need for medical monitoring or intervention? Sticking your head in the sand won't protect you if you don't protect yourself from something that could have happened 15 years ago.

We're all touched by this. We've all lost friends or family to it. Don't lose yourself. Know where you stand--you MAY be surprised, but it probably will save your life. ~~April

Well I understand your point, so please tell me where the HIV virus came from ok?

I realize this virus did not exist in human populations prior to 1978 or so, where did it come from?

I am assuming youre a medical professional, do you really think I would be asking these questions of you if I hadn't received conflicting information from other medical professionals and publications?

Gonorrhea = Sheep
Syphillis = Cattle
H5n1 = Birds

HIV = Martians?:S

I was taught that Virii have a much easier time making the jump from an ape (sharing 98% of our DNA) to a human, than from a frog to a human.

http://www.thebody.com/niaid/hivorigin.html

No, I'm not a medical professional. I'm a photographer. I also find it easy to get information if you look for it. It has been reported for years that the virus originated from eating contaminated ververt monkeys. This article (from 1999) finds
" As it turns out, the three isolates from the Pan troglodytes troglodytes chimpanzees strongly resemble the different subgroups of HIV-1, namely groups M (responsible for the pandemic), N and O (both found only in west equatorial Africa). Their investigation also revealed that some of the viruses resulted from genetic recombination in the chimpanzees before they infected humans.

Their other significant find, Dr. Fauci notes, is that the natural habitat of these chimpanzees directly coincides with the pattern of the HIV-1 epidemic in this area of Africa. Putting all these pieces of the puzzle together, Dr. Hahn and her colleagues conclude that Pan troglodytes troglodytes is the natural reservoir of HIV-1 and has been the source of at least three independent occurrences of cross-species virus transmission events from chimpanzees to humans.

The authors believe that HIV-1 was introduced into the human population when hunters became exposed to infected blood. Furthermore, they speculate that humans might still be at risk for cross-species transmission because the bushmeat trade -- the hunting and killing of chimpanzees and other endangered animals for human consumption -- is still common practice in west equatorial Africa."

I think thats a little more believable than 'martians'. Eating monkey meat shouldn't be unfathomable to us since other cultures think we're heavens for eating beef. Have you found the article in re screwing apes as a rite of passage? I'm interested in knowing how they get the apes to fall for that. Drinks, perhaps? An evening under the stars on a tuffet? anyway, I hope this helps you to understand.~~April

Have you found the article in re screwing apes as a rite of passage? I'm interested in knowing how they get the apes to fall for that. Drinks, perhaps? An evening under the stars on a tuffet?

Hey, Zira DID kiss George... even if he was "so damned ugly".... :P
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Have you found the article in re screwing apes as a rite of passage? I'm interested in knowing how they get the apes to fall for that. Drinks, perhaps? An evening under the stars on a tuffet?

Hey, Zira DID kiss George... even if he was "so damned ugly".... :P

But she had to get drunk to go that far!:D~~April

Our team was puzzled when we found out that HIV had actually existed since the 1950s. The earliest know occurrences of HIV are:

A plasma sample taken in 1959 from an adult male living in what is now the Democratic Republic of Congo [which was later used for an experiment in 1998].

HIV found in tissue samples from an American teenager who died in St. Louis in 1969.

HIV found in tissue samples from a Norwegian sailor who died around 1976

The outcome of the experiment in 1998(using the plasma gotten in 1959) revealed that there are tendencies that HIV had been in humans for over 100 years now!

As it turns out, the three isolates from the Pan troglodytes troglodytes chimpanzees strongly resemble the different subgroups of HIV-1, namely groups M (responsible for the pandemic), N and O (both found only in west equatorial Africa). Their investigation also revealed that some of the viruses resulted from genetic recombination in the chimpanzees before they infected humans.

I wouldn't dispute WHEN it began, but I have serious doubts about HOW it began. I don't doubt its been around longer than the general public is aware. Eating monkey meat seems more plausible to me; as I've stated earlier, beastiality is not new, by a long shot.

I'll wait to read your article...April

It may be simplistic on my part,but it seams that if a person does not do a few things they have nothing to worry about.
1 no anal sex
2 no IV drug use
3 do not be gay
4 do not share needles
5 avoid contact with body fluids of those that do the above things.

AIDS/HIV is a curse on mankind that can be avoided

you catch it with the choices you make

you avoid it with the choices you make

This makes me wonder why it is so wide spread in the areas of the whorld that need the population reduced the most. over population , under developed ,inability to feed the population,etc.
hummmmm

59 YEARS,OVERWEIGHT,BALDIND,X-GRUNT
LAST MIL. JUMP VIET-NAM(QUAN-TRI)
www.dzmemories.com

It may be simplistic on my part,but it seams that if a person does not do a few things they have nothing to worry about.
1 no anal sex
2 no IV drug use
3 do not be gay
4 do not share needles

This is not "simplistic" -- quite the contrary. It's overly complicated.

Your point #3 ("do not be gay") has nothing to do with aids any more than "being straight" causes pregnancy.

First Class Citizen Twice Over

:

1 no anal sex
2 no IV drug use
3 do not be gay
4 do not share needles

AIDS/HIV is a curse on mankind that can be avoided

you catch it with the choices you make

you avoid it with the choices you make

This is far to simplistic for the intellectual elite, do as we please, because it's just natural, crowd.

And it's back to sticking one's head in the sand and saying "only bad or stupid people get AIDS."

Celibacy is a pretty good protection, I've gotta grant you that. Having monogamous relationships with tested people (only after enough time dating that the test means something, of course) who never cheat on you also works. Of course, you can't ever cheat on them, either. And don't forget that you can't date a doctor or nurse any more (rule #5).

Narcimund is right about one's sexual orientation having nothing to do with it. A celibate gay man is just as unlikely as a celibate hetero man to get AIDS. Same for women.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

This is far to simplistic for the intellectual elite, do as we please, because it's just natural, crowd.

I can't exactly parse your whole sentence into English but since I'm one of the "intellectual elite" I thought I'd comment on the first clause:

In my post directly above I pointed out that namgrunt's analysis was too complicated, not too simple.

But thanks for putting words in other peoples' mouths anyway.

First Class Citizen Twice Over

Uhmmm, did you know that the Vietnam war is also partly responsible for the spread as will the current war will continue to add to the ranks of newly infected?
War has always produced a large number of IV drug users and being that needle sharing or drawing from the same spoon is a transmission point it is highly likely that the current war will produce a large number of opiate addicted veterans and a number of these addicts will contract the virus and subsequently pass it on to other and they will in turn do the same and so on and on and on.

Drug Use
The 1970s saw an increase in the availability of heroin following the Vietnam War and other conflicts in the Middle East , which helped stimulate a growth in intravenous drug use. This increased availability and together with the development of disposable plastic syringes and the establishment of 'shooting galleries' where people could buy drugs and rent equipment, provided another route through which the virus could be passed on.

http://www.flyingloomembroidery.com