MaalStar

Marine MasSacre

Really? How many lawyers proclaim their client's guilt? Maybe you should wait for the result of the inquiry before giving a verdict.

SSsooooooo, they are guity because they have been charged?

Oh ya, that is the American way you now belive in.......

Seems as though you have your mind made up? Or do I miss read your tone......

IF you were to pay attention rather than just blurting out the first thought that came into your head, you would have seen that I gave no opinion about their guilt or innocence but simply commented that a lawyer's statement on behalf of a client is NOT a verdict, and that WS should wait for the inquiry's conclusions before delivering his verdict.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

>It is as simple as that

--------------------
Testimony from Lt. William Calley after the My Lai massacre:

"Well, I was ordered to go in there and destroy the enemy. That was my job on that day. That was the mission I was given. I did not sit down and think in terms of men, women, and children. They were all classified the same, and that was the classification that we dealt with, just as enemy soldiers. . . . I felt then and I still do that I acted as I was directed, and I carried out the orders that I was given, and I do not feel wrong in doing so, sir."
----------------------

Was it as simple as that?

First of all, we don't know all the circumstances yet, so it's premature for everyone to be jumping to the conclusion that they are guilty of murder.

But that doesn't stop the media witchhunt, always eager to bash America, the military, and the Bush Administration.

It's not news unless it's bad news. Good news is not news.

Even if it's murder, this is a very isolated event. And isn't it ironic how the tactics of the enemy is to commit such massacres every single day, of innocent men, women and children just going about their daily lives, in restaurants and shopping districts. Yet none of these anti-American pigs seem to be the least bit concerned about those events. So it's not really about the terrible loss of Iraqii life with which they are concerned. No, it's all about bashing America and the military. This is how they feed their hatred.

You nailed it!! It seems there was a drone filming the scene at the time. Early reports vindicate the troops.

Watch the news as more will be coming soon.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

What is going on here?? Isn't any body going to stand up and admit they were wrong about this story?
thinking to myself
(i have to remember that those bashing the marines only watch CNN, NBS, CBS and ABS.....)
Abraham Lincoln

What is going on here?? Isn't any body going to stand up and admit they were wrong about this story?
thinking to myself
(i have to remember that those bashing the marines only watch CNN, NBS, CBS and ABS.....)

Maybe some would prefer to wait for the official report rather than believing an individual with no actual knowledge of the facts. Maybe that's it.

thinking to myself

Maybe some would prefer to wait for the official report rather than believing an individual with no actual knowledge of the facts. Maybe that's it.

Oh, like the lefty media did right? (and many on this site) OK, I am with you.......
Abraham Lincoln

>Oh, like the lefty media did right?

If you can find ONE story by the mainstream press that says the marines are guilty of the crimes they are accused of, I will send $100 to your favorite charity. (Not the media reporting on someone else saying they are innocent or guilty, but a statement by the press saying they are guilty.)

thinking to myself

Oh, like the lefty media did right? (and many on this site) OK, I am with you.......

It is funny to watch you throw accusations around while berating the media for doing the exact same thing....very funny.

thinking to myself

It is funny to watch you throw accusations around while berating the media for doing the exact same thing....very funny.

Haven't found the info on your sites yet??:o

nice try though......
Abraham Lincoln

thinking to myself

nice try though......

I expect their reporters are doing a more thorough job than the National Enquirer.

Of course, we could all wait for the official enquiry to do it's job instead of jumping to premature conclusions like you did two weeks ago.

thinking to myself

nice try though......

I expect their reporters are doing a more thorough job than the National Enquirer.

Of course, we could all wait for the official enquiry to do it's job instead of jumping to premature conclusions like you did two weeks ago.

I jumped to prmature conclusions? Niiiicccee
Abraham Lincoln

thinking to myself

nice try though......

I am the one jumping to "premature conclusions".

Niicceeee.......
Abraham Lincoln

If you can find ONE story by the mainstream press that says the marines are guilty of the crimes they are accused of, I will send $100 to your favorite charity. (Not the media reporting on someone else saying they are innocent or guilty, but a statement by the press saying they are guilty.)

From the NY Times editorial "A Hard Look at Haditha", June 4th, 2006:

"The apparent cold-blooded killing last November of 24 Iraqi civilians by United States marines at Haditha will be hard to dispose of with another Washington damage control operation. The Iraqi government has made clear that it will not sit still for one, and neither should the American people. This affair cannot simply be dismissed as the spontaneous cruelty of a few bad men."

emphasis mine

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/06/04/opinion/04sun1.html?ex=1307073600&en=dce19d44a0f3226e&ei=5090&partner=rssuserland&emc=rss

Niicceeee.......

This is niicceeer.

Well, I am not sure how that fits into this thread but I think it is funny.

Does support my "kallend is desperate to change the context of the argument most of the time" theory however.....
Abraham Lincoln

Niicceeee.......

This is niicceeer.

Well, I am not sure how that fits into this thread but I think it is funny.

Does support my "kallend is desperate to change the context of the argument most of the time" theory however.....

There is no argument. Nothing to debate until the official enquiry reaches a conclusion. Neither you nor I nor the National Enquirer is in possession of the facts. MAy as well just laugh at Rush.

Say, did you see Colin Powell's interview in the July AARP Magazine, where he admits (again) that the Bushies were WRONG about WMDs in Iraq?

All charges dropped against lance corporal in Hadithah deaths

By Gidget Fuentes - Staff writer
Posted : Thursday Aug 9, 2007 13:05:36 EDT

OCEANSIDE, Calif. — The top commander of Marine Corps Forces-Central Command, citing “this morally bruising environment,” dropped all charges Thursday against a lance corporal charged with murder in the 2005 deaths of several Iraqis in Hadithah.

Lt. Gen. James Mattis made his decision to dismiss all charges against Lance Cpl. Justin Sharratt after meeting with the Marine and his attorneys.

Defense attorneys were elated and relieved at Mattis’ decision. “This is truly an event of historic proportions,” attorneys Gary Myers and James Culp said in a statement issued Thursday morning.

“In his dismissal of the charges against Lance Corporal Sharratt, General Mattis has accurately and eloquently described the extreme demands placed upon combat Marines and soldiers in insurgency warfare. The dismissal of charges demonstrates that this convening authority fully understands the complex and difficult circumstances his Marines face in Iraq and Afghanistan,” they wrote. “About the complexity of this conflict and Lance Corporal Sharratt’s innocence, we can add nothing to the powerful words of General Mattis.”

Sharratt is one of four enlisted men who originally faced murder and other charges in the deaths of two dozen civilians in Hadithah following a Nov. 19, 2005, roadside bomb attack that killed one leatherneck and wounded two others from their squad with Kilo Company, 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines.

Four officers with the battalion, including the commander, also were charged with dereliction of duty and failing to follow orders for allegedly ignoring or not investigating allegations that squad members murdered the civilians.

An investigating officer recommended that all charges against Sharratt be dropped. Mattis, in a statement issued Thursday morning, said that he reviewed the investigations and evidence and concurred.

Sharratt, he wrote, “has served as a Marine infantryman in Iraq where our nation is fighting a shadowy enemy who hides among the innocent people, does not comply with any aspect of the law of war, and routinely targets and intentionally draws fire toward civilians.”

“The challenges of this combat environment put extreme pressures on our Marines,” Mattis wrote. “Notwithstanding, operational, moral and legal imperatives demand that we Marines stay true to our own standards and maintain compliance with the law of war in this morally bruising environment.”

“With the dismissal of these charges, LCpl Sharratt may fairly conclude that he did his best to live up to the standards, followed by U.S. fighting men throughout our many wars, in the face of life or death decisions made in a matter of seconds in combat,” Mattis added. “And as he has always remained cloaked in the presumption of innocence, with this dismissal of charges, he remains in the eyes of the law — and in my eyes — innocent.”

John Murtha should go kill himself, and forego his upcoming indictment and subsequent trial for treason.

I will provide the rope.

Free of charge of course.

Do you think that all of those left wingers who have used this as one of the main talking points about how evil our warriors are, will retract their statements?

Yep, Bush was wrong about WMDs in Iraq...just as was Bill Clinton, Ted Kennedy, John Kerry, and a host of other Democrats and Republicans (who all based their opinions on the CIA intelligence assessments) as well as the intelligence services of France, Germany, Italy, etc. The CIA blew it big time...George Tenet and his "slam dunk". Tenet, if you recall, was a Clinton appointee. Bush was stupid not to replace him.
"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition"...Rudyard Kipling

No they won't

They will continue to claim that these Marines were guilty as sin.

Because they want them to be guilty, very badly

They won't be able to read the report with all of that egg on their face, or utter an apology while eating crow.;)