warpedskydiver

Former Marine Fends Off Atlanta Robbers

Stabbing teenage girls, how very HooAH!

When they woke up that morning, and they had choices to make. They could have gone out, and gotten jobs like most decent human beings. they made the wrong choice. Two less slime balls on the street!

making the wrong choice doesn't mean it's ok for you to be killed though

Uhm, you're making far too broad of a generalization here.

1) Used the wrong tooth paste this morning
Nope, don't deserve to die for that
2) Chased someone down the street, who hadn't done
anything, with a gun in their hand,
You deserve to die for that one.
Fortunately, his local District Attorney agrees.

I'm curious, what limits do you see as reasonable?
We are all engines of karma

i've been robbed at knife point in the red light district of Amsterdam (not by a girl with a cock either :P) and i complied and all i lost was a few guilders....

I witnessed something similar back in 1981.
The criminal wound up having a Colt model 1911A1 shoved in his face and he was made to kneel, then lie face down. this all happened very fast:|

ha ha ha
You gotta be kidding. Submit to all criminals in hopes they will get caught? Submit to being a victim?? You be the victim. I have never backed down to anyone, ever. Even if knew I was going to get my ass kicked I never backed down. I gave as good as I got or better. It is better to die fighting then die like a coward.

you have a right to protect yourself, i've got no problem with that.... but to go over the top and go killing people is just plain wrong [:/]

One of the few things I love about living in South Carolina-screw breaking in to my house, If you're in my barn I can shoot your ass and leave the remains for the state to pick up. I think of it as deterant, if I kill the first person to threaten me, the second will probably go somewhere else
I am not the man. But the man knows my name...and he's worried

i've been robbed at knife point in the red light district of Amsterdam (not by a girl with a cock either :P) and i complied and all i lost was a few guilders.... i hate to think what might have happened if i was some gung-ho rambo wannabe with a gun or knife in my pocket . . .

Yes, all people who defend themselves during robberies are "Rambo Wannabes".

And, using the same sort of simple-minded generalization, we can just as well label anyone who doesn't defend themselves in a robbery a "GIANT PUSSY".

I like the way you think!

. . =(_8^(1)

you have a right to protect yourself, i've got no problem with that.... but to go over the top and go killing people is just plain wrong [:/]

One of the few things I love about living in South Carolina-screw breaking in to my house, If you're in my barn I can shoot your ass and leave the remains for the state to pick up. I think of it as deterant, if I kill the first person to threaten me, the second will probably go somewhere else

keep reinforceing our stereotypes of you ;)

At what point is it ok to defend your self? When they start to point a gun at you? When they are pointing a gun at you? Just before they pull the trigger?? After they pull the trigger????

Police can't defend the public. They can only try to catch the criminal after the fact. I would rather be dead for trying to defend myself then dead because I did nothing.

you are probably just a troll, but I will humor you anyway.

Your position on this topic really doesn't make any sense at all. This guy was faced with overwhelming force and ran. Then when cornered he did what he felt he had to do to survive. He beat the odds and managed to defend himself and survive. How can you say he did anything wrong? He was stuck with a pocket knife in a gun fight?! They brought deadly force, so he responded with deadly force.

3576 is just crying wolf to spark a rather interesting (so far one sided) debate. The problem is, he loses credibility in the future when he tries to comment on americans, self defense, weapons of any kind, etc.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Well, he ain't here anymore, so nothing more to worry about. :ph34r:

Too bad, he sounds smart enough to have some good discussions.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Well, he ain't here anymore, so nothing more to worry about. :ph34r:

Too bad, he sounds smart enough to have some good discussions.

thanks, i could actually have some really good discussions with you in SC, if only i wasn't such a plank in The Bonfire :P