vortexring

Full text letter of Iranian President to American President

Because they're not part of the EU.... yet

Actually, as of May 1, 2004, Czech, Poland, Hungary, and Slovakia are.

They just haven't changed to the Euro -yet. Hopefully, for a while, as it will hurt the local economy - in the long run.
This ad space for sale.

sorry, I didn't realise that they were full members yet. My [latest] mistake.

Hmm... I didn't think they were full members either. I assume that they haven't yet met the economic conditions to move to the Euro yet.

Mike.

Taking the piss out of the FrenchAmericans since before it was fashionable.

Prenait la pisse hors du FrançaisCanadiens méridionaux puisqu'avant lui à la mode.

No Matter how you feel about Iran, or the Iranian president. The letter is very well written and intelligent. People can bitch all they want but you can not argue the facts that are in the letter.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

Hence the reason to post it - wonder what our Governments made of it all - would have loved to have been the fly on the wall listening to that discussion.

I wonder why it's not been shown in any national media outlets?

Anyone seen it in the Western press?

'for it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "chuck 'im out, the brute!" But it's "saviour of 'is country" when the guns begin to shoot.'

Well, I doubt President Bush having read the letter, folded it away into his shirt pocket, stretched, then went off and dealt with some other Presidential matter........

'for it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "chuck 'im out, the brute!" But it's "saviour of 'is country" when the guns begin to shoot.'

>Well, I doubt President Bush having read the letter, folded it away
> into his shirt pocket, stretched, then went off and dealt with some
> other Presidential matter........

I suspect he paid as much attention to it as he paid to the August 6, 2001 presidential briefing entitled "Bin Laden determined to strike in US." Or the reports that Saddam Hussein's biological weapons labs weren't really weapons labs; he received that one two days before he claimed they _were_ biological weapons labs. Or the 2002 reports from the CIA and State Department stating that Hussein did not try to purchase uranium from Niger.

I mean, why would he pay any mind to such things? They all run counter to his desired outcomes.

yeah, sorry, I get your drift.

Surely to fuck it's not like that.

I do wonder sometimes.....

End of day I don't see President Bush as a seriously bad dude - more likely he's motivated to act in what he see's as his countries best interests.

But doesn't the unilateral approach cause even worse long term problems?

9/11 made the USA more insular - but was there ever a time where the USA needed more nations on its side?[:/]

>I don't see President Bush as a seriously bad dude - more likely
>he's motivated to act in what he see's as his countries best interests.

I agree. He's not evil - but he has chosen a path for this country that he thinks best, and nothing will make him change that path. Not new intelligence, not evidence the path isn't working, and certainly not a letter from the president of a country he sees as an enemy.

>But doesn't the unilateral approach cause even worse long term problems?

Yep.

>9/11 made the USA more insular - but was there ever a time where the USA needed more nations on its side?

I don't think 9/11 made the USA more insular. In some ways it brought the whole world closer together. Even France, who normally goes out of its way to be a pain in the ass, said "we are all americans today" which is a pretty striking statement from a country that prides itself on _not_ being like the US.

Since then, we seem to be doing our best to _make_ ourselves insular. From ignoring the UN when it doesn't agree with us 100%, to substituting violence for diplomacy, to declaring ourselves outside international law, we seem to take every opportunity to say "US is #1 and we don't really give a flying fuck what anyone else thinks." I think this is a mistake in the long run.

How can they be so stupid then?

How can they fail to see what the rest of the Country and World see?

I can only see 2 possible answers:

1) Outrageous & arrogant stupidity.

2) Hidden agenda's. That aren't quite so well hidden...