NelKel

Do I have the right to check green cards

You'll be okay, unless you are mexican looking...whatever that is....

No, wait, I think I figured out his plan. He is gonna ask for my green card and since I can't show him one he is going to give me an ass kicking just in case and give me a week to show some papers. And when that's done he is just going to apologize for above mentioned ass kicking. Easy!

"I love cooking with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food."

Or half the packing mat at any large DZ...

and a fair share of other DZ staff....I wonder how many of the participants in this thread who are ranting and raving about illegal immigrants would stop jumping at a DZ that knowingly allows illegal immigrants to make money on their premises?

Wouldn't leave a whole lot of DZ to jump at. But god forbid all these self righteous ranters and ravers on here would start in their own back yard....

I would have a big problem if a DZ I was jumping at was employing illegal immigrants. Especially if they were paying them less than prevailing wages. A DZO hiring illegals is a slap in the face to the DZO's that try to do things by the law.

-

I trust you also wouldn't use an American packer who you suspected was not declaring all of their income from packing?

What's the difference?

nothing to see here

Or half the packing mat at any large DZ...

and a fair share of other DZ staff....I wonder how many of the participants in this thread who are ranting and raving about illegal immigrants would stop jumping at a DZ that knowingly allows illegal immigrants to make money on their premises?

Wouldn't leave a whole lot of DZ to jump at. But god forbid all these self righteous ranters and ravers on here would start in their own back yard....

I would have a big problem if a DZ I was jumping at was employing illegal immigrants. Especially if they were paying them less than prevailing wages. A DZO hiring illegals is a slap in the face to the DZO's that try to do things by the law.

-

I trust you also wouldn't use an American packer who you suspected was not declaring all of their income from packing?

What's the difference?

I don't use packers.

The difference is the American packer is a citizen of this country. The illegal is an uninvited guest.

FYI I have a big problem with those who don't pay their taxes, citizen or not.

-

What's the difference?

I don't use packers.

Okay, what if you heard that the manifestor was being paid in jumps and you suspected she wasn't declaring the value of those jumps on her tax return?

The difference is the American packer is a citizen of this country. The illegal is an uninvited guest.

Rubbish. The vast majority of non-American DZ workers are in America on tourist visas. They are very much 'invited' - I'd go so far as to say 'encouraged'.

The typical scenario would go like this: Skydiver arrives in USA for a year of hardcore jumping with $5000 in his pocket. It's not enough, so he supplements it with packing. He spends the money earned on food, travel, accomodation, jumping - in America.

America has received a $5000 injection into its economy and the money earned and then re-spent has (more ore less) a nil effect on the economy. America is the net winner.

nothing to see here

Actually, that's a good point.... do people in the US' feel the same way about tax dodgers or are they just cheeky chappies that aren't doing any harm,. Gosh good luck to them?
The reality is that they probably have a more damaging effect on the economy than the illegal migrants..... It would be educating to see some real figure$.

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

funny that when things started getting close to home many of the previous posters (GM excluded) ran for the hills....nothing to be heard from them again.

Easy to bitch and moan about others, harder to do when it directly impacts you or those close to you.

>The illegal is an uninvited guest.

Odd to hear people like Patrick Passe, Wendy Smith, Willem Grobler etc described as 'uninvited guests.' We are fortunate that most other countries do not see us in the same light!

Gee Bill maybe you want to trade lives with some of us who have traveled and nearly 100% of the time are thoroughly scrutinized before being allowed into a country even AFTER receiving a VISA.

Bill nearly any country can be snuck into, what differentiates the United States from all others is what is done with you when caught.;)

If anyone believes you will receive the same fair and decent treatment an illegal here in the the US will get. I would love to see you try it!:)
I have a nice long list of countries I would implore you to try this on.B|

What's the difference?

I don't use packers.

Okay, what if you heard that the manifestor was being paid in jumps and you suspected she wasn't declaring the value of those jumps on her tax return?

Rubbish. The vast majority of non-American DZ workers are in America on tourist visas. They are very much 'invited' - I'd go so far as to say 'encouraged'.

The typical scenario would go like this: Skydiver arrives in USA for a year of hardcore jumping with $5000 in his pocket. It's not enough, so he supplements it with packing. He spends the money earned on food, travel, accomodation, jumping - in America.

But this isn't what you originally asked. You said:

What's the difference?

and I answered that question. Now you are caliming you asked something different.

America has received a $5000 injection into its economy and the money earned and then re-spent has (more ore less) a nil effect on the economy. America is the net winner.

and if the income had been generated by someone here legally, they would have to pay taxes. Don't you get this is one of the problems Americans have with illegals? I have no problem with someone in the US legally who also pays taxes to for taking advantage of the infrastructure paid for by taxes. If not, I consider that person an uninvited guest and I really don't care how cool they are. If they are so cool, how come they are tax cheaters?

-

>Gee Bill maybe you want to trade lives with some of us who have
>traveled and nearly 100% of the time are thoroughly scrutinized before
>being allowed into a country even AFTER receiving a VISA.

I have! Been fortunate enough to skydive in five different countries, and travel to 20 or so. Always been welcomed, and haven't ever been described as an "uninvited guest" or gotten my ass kicked because I didn't have a green card - even when someone gives me a few baht (or euros, or pesos) for organizing or packing for someone so they could make the last load.

>Gee Bill maybe you want to trade lives with some of us who have
>traveled and nearly 100% of the time are thoroughly scrutinized before
>being allowed into a country even AFTER receiving a VISA.

I have! Been fortunate enough to skydive in five different countries, and travel to 20 or so. Always been welcomed, and haven't ever been described as an "uninvited guest" or gotten my ass kicked because I didn't have a green card - even when someone gives me a few baht (or euros, or pesos) for organizing or packing for someone so they could make the last load.

Were you in these countries illegally?

-

>Were you in these countries illegally?

By the letter of the law, yes. In one place you had to declare if you were carrying anything worth more than $1000 US. I had a $2500 computer that my traveling companions (from work) told me not to declare because it's a major hassle. In another it was illegal to work without a work visa, but I got a few dollar's equivalent for organizing.