Darius11

War supporters-Please do not make the same stupid mistake again.

America has a history of being defeated in a guerilla war since they cannot bring their military superiority to bear against an identified target and a steady stream of body bags will reinforce public opinion that American troops should come home, back nearer Hollywood where they can talk about being "The Best".

I can tell you from first hand experience that you are completely incorrect. Even in the worst shit holes (Ramadi), the insurgency has few friends amongst the populace, and their operations are definitely compromised.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

Ah, OK - so "mission accomplished"? The reports of 50 dead Iraqis in the last 24 hours are wrong and no US soldiers are being killed? Man the media is spreading mis-information....
---------------------------------------------------------
When people look like ants - pull. When ants look like people - pray.

> Even in the worst shit holes (Ramadi), the insurgency has few friends
>amongst the populace, and their operations are definitely compromised.

5/1/2003:

US troops killed 139
Number of insurgents ~5000
Cost $79B
Insurgent attacks per day ~8

5/1/2006:

US troops killed 2400
Number of insurgents ~15,000
Cost $320B
Insurgent attacks per day ~75

I can tell you from first hand experience that you are completely incorrect. Even in the worst shit holes (Ramadi), the insurgency has few friends amongst the populace, and their operations are definitely compromised.

Well if I (as civilian) am supporting insurgency, in (my) occupied country, I would certainly try to look like I'm supporting occupation forces.

Your stats do nothing to disprove my point. The number of attacks per day also includes the number of "engagements", i.e. when we draw them out to fight.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

Iran has the strongest military in the area.
An Air attack wouldn’t go as well as you think. Iran has Mig 29 not out dated mig 21 that Iraq had. The Iranian pilots are the best in the world. They all trained right here.
The Iranian people are not Arabs and even if they do not like the government they will unit and fight to the last man If it comes down to getting invaded.. Let’s not forget the whole world including the US supported Iraq during the Iran and Iraq war. They tried everything even WMD (witch at that time no one said shit. Hypocrisy is our foreign policy) still Iran took back the land and went in to Iraq. Iran was so close to capturing Iraq that American forces directly engaged the Iranian army to hold there advance.

Also in history it has been proven that a solder fighting for his home is worth about 9 solders fighting for a paycheck and a cause that they don’t believe in.

We have no right to be in Iraq we have no right to invade Iran. We act like bullies and wonder why we are so hated.

MiG29's area truly great plane and actually superior in it's flight envelope over our F16, however Iraq had them too and it did no good at all as the plane is only as good as Pilot, Tactics, Training, Support personnel, and weapons are.

We in the US are fortunate enough to have several MiG29s to practice against and have no problem facing them in dissimilar air combat.

Your stats do nothing to disprove my point. The number of attacks per day also includes the number of "engagements", i.e. when we draw them out to fight.

But Max they know more than you do!, they read the news from their favorite politically oriented sources.

In light of this fact, they are certain that they would know more about the war in Iraq than any dumb grunt that has been there.:S

>The number of attacks per day also includes the number
>of "engagements", i.e. when we draw them out to fight.

So now we are now equating success with ever growing numbers of attacks? How many hundreds of attacks per day will equate to victory?

Iran has the strongest military in the area.
An Air attack wouldn’t go as well as you think. Iran has Mig 29 not out dated mig 21 that Iraq had. The Iranian pilots are the best in the world. They all trained right here.
The Iranian people are not Arabs and even if they do not like the government they will unit and fight to the last man If it comes down to getting invaded.. Let’s not forget the whole world including the US supported Iraq during the Iran and Iraq war. They tried everything even WMD (witch at that time no one said shit. Hypocrisy is our foreign policy) still Iran took back the land and went in to Iraq. Iran was so close to capturing Iraq that American forces directly engaged the Iranian army to hold there advance.

Also in history it has been proven that a solder fighting for his home is worth about 9 solders fighting for a paycheck and a cause that they don’t believe in.

Then why, after 8 years of war with Iraq, did Iran only manage to fight to a draw? Based on that, and how easily the US defeated Iraq's Army, I'd not consider Iran a very big military threat.

Admittedly, rebuilding would be the problem as we have seen in Iraq.

-

I am not saying Iran would win, but I think many over estimate the power of our military. We are always led to believe that we will kick ass and that will be the end of it.

As for the draw. Iran was invaded with out warning was under a full embargo with out assistant from any one. It had also just had a revaluation yet still not only did it take back all of it’s land if it was not for the United States direct involvement Baghdad would have been taken by the Iranians.

I think were bad ass when it comes to technology, but when it comes to boots on the ground technology is not all that matters. People fighting for there home will fight to the death. They have a solid reason to fight. There is no second thought about fighting. Your fighting for your home your family and every thing you stand for.

Other then what I mentioned above. We have a war that is not going as planed to say the least in Iraq. Not to mention the reasons for the war have been openly criticized. The one thing we know we should have done was catch OBL and he is still making videos.

What real victory have we had? Was the financial and human cost worth it?

How much more can we afford to spend on wars that many of our own citizens don’t believe in?

More important then all the points. What gives us the right?
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

Wasn't Iran fighting for their country when Iraq invaded?

I think many underestimate the power of the US Military. Don't think so? Imagine what would happen to Iran or any other country, including China if they tried to invade the U.S.

Right now the rhetoric coming out of Iran is due to Irans attempt to wage an economic war against the US and Europe by making the oil markets nervous. It's really nothing more than that. You would see the Iranian leadership back down very quickly, just as Saddam did, if they really thought the US was getting ready to invade.

-

Do you think Iran should be allowed to build nuclear bombs?

Of course!

It's only "fair" we allow other countries to have them. I mean, what right do we have to look after our own self-interests over the interests of other countries? :S

What kind of country does that?

. . =(_8^(1)

Of course!

It's only "fair" we allow other countries to have them. I mean, what right do we have to look after our own self-interests right to plan and wage aggressive war over the interests of other countries? :S

What kind of country does that?

A country which doesn't follow the "Nazi German Method" of preserving it's economy?

Mike.

PS: NUKES ARE DEFENSIVE WEAPONS!!!!!

No one... NO ... ONE has ever managed to Use a Nuke offensively. It's even been cogently argues that Truman's sanction of nukes against Japan in 1945 was directed more at The Soviet Union and Stalin's suspected motives than at Japan!

Taking the piss out of the FrenchAmericans since before it was fashionable.

Prenait la pisse hors du FrançaisCanadiens méridionaux puisqu'avant lui à la mode.

More important then all the points. What gives us the right?

If so, why?

If not, then what do we do about it?

Yes I think they have the right to have nuclear energy and if they want and can build it a nuclear bomb.

Why. Simple why not? We have many countries out there that have nuclear weapons that are in worst shape then Iran.

India, Pakistan, N. Korea. Why is Iran the problem?

Iran has every right to fear a US invasion. We make up reasons that don’t even exists and invade a country.It is obvious the only language we understand is force.

I personally wish no one had a nuclear bomb, but now that we do I don’t see what makes us any better. If you look at history we should be the least trusted.

China doesn't need to invade, all they need to do is dump all the US Treasury Bonds they have or just mention that. The impact on our economy would be far worse than any nuclear strike they could manage at the moment. They would also screw themselves over. Iran cant invade, but on an economic level they can and are hurting us. Iran wants to set up the Iran oil bourse. In this derivatives market oil will be priced in Euro rather than USD. If this new market is successful it would give the euro a foothold on the international energy market. Traders would no longer need to keep USD on hand, they could use EUR as an alternative currency. Oil traded in EUR would benefit millions and in turn would loosen our hold in this market. Not only that but it could set up the stage for a currency, USD vs EUR, fight.

Iran has every right to fear a US invasion.

And they have every right to EXPECT an Israeli invasion.

I already know that, and agree that the Israeli government would kill every man, woman, and child who was not an Israeli citizen if they could, but thank god they can't.

Of course!

It's only "fair" we allow other countries to have them

Even if it creates a bigger danger in the middle east?

The thing about the Nuclear club is that once you become a memeber nothing can be done about it.

I don't think that more countries having the bomb is a good thing. Especially when that country has stated it wishes to wipe another off the face of the planet.

Yes I think they have the right to have nuclear energy and if they want and can build it a nuclear bomb.

Energy I can agree with, but not the bomb. Iran has stated that they wish to wipe Israel off the face of the planet. Thats not the kind of place I want with a device that could do just that.

Why. Simple why not? We have many countries out there that have nuclear weapons that are in worst shape then Iran.

How many of them have sworn to wipe another off the face of a planet?

Iran has every right to fear a US invasion. We make up reasons that don’t even exists and invade a country.It is obvious the only language we understand is force.

Then all they are going to do is make "us" move in sooner. I seriously doubt that many people wish Iran had the bomb. The US went in on less than that to Iraq.

I personally wish no one had a nuclear bomb, but now that we do I don’t see what makes us any better. If you look at history we should be the least trusted.

So you think a country that has sworn to wipe another off the face of the planet should be allowed to build a bomb that could do just that?

I think the way forwards is a non agression pact between Iran and the US, in return for vigirous inspections and controls including the banning of uranium inrichment (it would be imported from Russia instead) in return the US would agree not to persue regime change in any form and the Iranians would withdraw assistance to the insurgency in Iraq. In time Iran would be dependent on the status qou and this may even assist the US in its Israeli/ Palastinian negotiations as Iran could be used to bring preasure to bear on Hammas. Also A non aggression pact would help stabalise the midleeast and the price of oil. Win win!
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

So you think a country that has sworn to wipe another off the face of the planet should be allowed to build a bomb that could do just that?

We are the only country who has used two nuclear bombs, and our president recently mentioned how he would be willing to use the same weapons on a country that does not have them.

So I ask you this what gives us the right? Whats makes us so better?