shropshire

Oil $75 a barrel!!

Here we go again..... Oil price hits new high.. which causes pump prices to rise (again) .. Diesel hits £1.00 a litre>:(:S>:(

The BBC news just suggested that prices will rise over the summer!!

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

It's getting pretty bad over here also. I just wonder how high it has to go before it has a really bad effects.

We have it quite a bit better than in England. £1.00 a liter is equal to $6.75 a gallon. If you want to see bad effects, they'll be happening in Europe before they do here.

If you want to see bad effects, they'll be happening in Europe before they do here.

I really dont want to see the bad effects but you listen to the news and they say people are still going on vacation and stuff and it makes you wonder when will it just become to expensive to drive for the normal guy.
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

An easy way to lower the price a bit is to start strengthening the dollar again. The price increases are hitting the US harder in terms of money than in Europe - sure, only a few cents, but in terms of percentage of increase in price, it gets us, too.

But, strengthening the dollar has other effects.

There's a reason why energy costs are kept out of most indicators. The energy market is so prone to shock that it it simply not considered in most indicators.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

I'm not too sure if that's correct... what % improvment in the Dollar would you be looking for and how much would that impact the price of a barrel?

Of course another way would be to buy/sell oil in Euros;)

Ultimately tho' it's a matter of supply and demand and with the likes of China inbcreasings it's demand (and with as much right as us) I dont see a happy ending to this matter....... ever.

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

There are plenty of factors that go into the price of oil. There's the exchange rate. There's the cost of transport. Refining capacity. Cost of refining. Etc.

There are fuel shortages in the US in man places now because of the shift that is being made to the summer blend of fuel. That can affect the price of fuel and the availability.

The key factor, of course, is supply and demand. Lower the demand and the supply increases. Thank goodness that we haven't got any price ceilings right now. I can imagine that would be a royal pain, though with the current administration's fiscal policies I wouldn't put it past them...

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Can't lick um, join um.

Time to buy stock in oil companies. I saw a report this morning stating by the end of this summer it would be $100 barrel here in the USA.

Someone dies, someone says how stupid, someone says it was avoidable, someone says how to avoid it, someone calls them an idiot, someone proposes rule chan

Can't lick um, join um.

Time to buy stock in oil companies. I saw a report this morning stating by the end of this summer it would be $100 barrel here in the USA.

Better to invest in a fund or index like XLE, the Energy spider. That way you don't risk everything on a single company.

Anyone ever notice that every time Bush gets a hard on an starts laying down the law to countries that
don't concern him. We the consumer sufer. an They the the big companies make more money.
An when big companies make more money polaticians make more money.
Get the picture.

Gone fishing

I'm working in California at the moment and you should hear the American media bang on about how tough they have it here... Bloody hell they don't know ther're born! I reckon there would be rioting on the streets of America and looting if they had to pay UK prices, and I'm not joking!
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Can't lick um, join um.

Been doing that for a while. Once you learn companies that have inflexible demand curves(eg. Oil) yield some good returns during demand increases, the world becomes less stressful.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

I'm working in California at the moment and you should hear the American media bang on about how tough they have it here... Bloody hell they don't know ther're born! I reckon there would be rioting on the streets of America and looting if they had to pay UK prices, and I'm not joking!

I wish the US had the rail infrastructure that Europe/the UK has...I personally hate driving.

This is why I want to move to a city center (me and the blonde Chick haven't decided btw Chicago, Boston, or NYC) where there is a strong rail system.

Hell, even Chicago has a lousy system--80% of the busses and all but two rail lines close at night, and the commuter rail sucks, as you have to fight traffic to get to the station...
Illinois needs a CCW Law. NOW.

There are plenty of factors that go into the price of oil. There's the exchange rate. There's the cost of transport. Refining capacity. Cost of refining. Etc.

That's what's killing us here in the US, refining capacity. We need to build about 30 refineries yesterday. Of course the treehuggers won't roll over for that (while bitching about the cost of filling up their oil leaking VW peace van). That and there are about 200 blends of fuel the refineries need to adjust for every spring. Enough to drive you mad... :S
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

Can't lick um, join um.

I predicted (in Jan.) $100 U.S before the end of 06. Everybody says I'm full of shit. We'll see;)
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

That and there are about 200 blends of fuel the refineries need to adjust for every spring.

Bush should publicly call for the governors to accept a specific proposal to drastically reduce that variation. Of course that would require state laws to be changed, but there is no way that the governors and their legislators could refuse.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

I'm a contractor, and need my F series truck. I think I'm going to start running that farm grade Diesel. You know the one that is red and is 50 cents a gallon. It is supposed to be for farm equipment. Fuck um.

Someone dies, someone says how stupid, someone says it was avoidable, someone says how to avoid it, someone calls them an idiot, someone proposes rule chan

Yea, public transport over here isn't so accehatssable thats for sure. Still the weathers great!
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

I run my van/truck on red, Filling it up from the central heating fuel tank.
I do about 20.000klms a year an save €0.40cents a litre over pump prices
If one day I get stopped an they dip the tank the fine dosent come anyway
near the savings I've made.

Gone fishing

I run my van/truck on red, Filling it up from the central heating fuel tank.
I do about 20.000klms a year an save €0.40cents a litre over pump prices
If one day I get stopped an they dip the tank the fine dosent come anyway
near the savings I've made.

What is the fine nowadays? I know it's per gallon
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

Of course another way would be to buy/sell oil in Euros;)

What!.. Anyone who has suggested THIS automatically gains membership to Bush's Axis-of-Evil?!:o

Such a move would debase the US$ as, were oil to be traded in Euros, then that currency would gain popularity as the preferred reserve currency.

Bear in mind that The Coalition took 13 years to invade Iraq after Kuwait, but less than 13 MONTHS after Iraq started to trade it's oil in Euros. Once Saddam was toppled, Iraqi oil went straight back to trading in dollars!:S

Mike.

Taking the piss out of the FrenchAmericans since before it was fashionable.

Prenait la pisse hors du FrançaisCanadiens méridionaux puisqu'avant lui à la mode.

Talking to my friends in the Mossad escuadra (Catalan police)
the fine is about €200.00
I live in a very rural area where the police are part of the comunity
of course they know it goes on, but it's something they turn a blind eye to.

Gone fishing