brianfry713

6/6/06, the end of the world?

So why is there not a shinning cross in the sky??? why is it that your religion has is a book that is no more provable as fact then Harry Potter is a wizard...
-----------------------------------------------------------
--+ There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.. --+

if SUN(jesus) was a real person, why did pope leo X say this, "What profit has not the FABLE of christ brought us"-200 yrs ago approximately. St. Anasthius, "should we understand the sacred writ(ALLEGEDLY) to the letter we would be commiting the the most enormous of BLASPHEMIES.(1700 yrs ago). in todays english, he means: taking the bible lirterally is the most enormous of BLASPHEMIES. James Madison, During almost fifteen centuries has the legal establishment of Christianity been on trial. What has been its fruits? More or less in all places, pride and indolence in the Clergy, IGNORANCE and servility in the laity, IN BOTH, SUPERSTITION, BIGOTRY, AND PERSECUTION, in his memorial and remonstrance (1785). Do you deny that on this continent, accused "witches" were tortured to extract "confessions", and before they were executed, they were further tortured and raped by the 'CLERGY'? Christians slaughtered the "heathens" on this continent, do you deny that, also? "Such was the power of the world's THEOCRACIES that DESPITE the PUBLICATION of THOUSANDS of scholarly books and articles REFUTING every part of the jueo-christian bible, to this day the EXISTENCE of UNCHALLENGABLE PROOF that the bible is a work of fiction is UNKNOWN to ninety percent of the population in christian-dominated societies. (william harwood, MYTHOLOGY'S LAST GODS: YAHWEH AND JESUS) Windcatcher, the proof is offered to you for free, why won't you accept the offer, if you truly want proof
we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively

wishers never choose, choosers never wish

the claims of all religions, every last one of them are based on SUN-WORSHIP, the irrefutable truth about any religion you might want to name. the offer still stands to you, free copies ofthe booksi offered in my private e-mail to you. are you toafraid tolook at the truth? probably so.

How does the question of whether or not Jesus PHYSICALLY existed (of course, the question of his divinity is a matter of faith) refute makind's knowledge gained over time?

There is as much evidence of Jesus' existence as many other figures from ancient times, and yet you don't hear anyone else disputing the existence of Sargon, or Alexander the Great, or Lao Tsu, or Hannibal, or Pliny, or Prince Siddhartha aka the Buddha, or Aristotle.

Out of all the historical figures from ancient times, all of a sudden it is only Jesus' existence that people have to say, "Well, uh, uh, maybe there was never such a person at all....":S

What's refutable in the Bible is far more than whether Jesus existed.

linz
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

good point! christianity's "golden rule" do unto others what you would have done unto you". wicca's "golden rule"- do what thou will, but harm no one. does any one see a common thread here?

666 is the number of the beast, not the day the world will end.Or Whatever.;)

Aphrodite's Child, 666 (1971 Polygram International Music B.V.)
Kickass album. Had my copy since 72 and found it on CD, 2 disk set, a few years back at an used CD store.

The Four Horsemen

And when the lamb
opened the first seal,
I saw the first Horse.
The Horseman held a bow.

Now when the lamb
opened the second seal,
I saw the second Horse.
The Horseman held a sword.

The leading Horse is white.
The second Horse is red.
The third one is a black,
the last one is a green.

And when the lamb
opened the third seal,
I saw the third Horse.
The Horseman held a balance.

Now when the lamb
opened the forth seal,
I saw the fourth Horse.
The Horseman was the Pest.

The Seventh Seal

And when the lamb
opened the next two seals,
we saw the souls,
we saw the martyrs,
we heard them crying,
we heard them shouting,
they were dressed in white,
they'd been told to wait.

The sun was black,
the moon was red,
the stars were falling,
the earth was trembling

And then a crowd
impossible to number
carrying flowers
shouted amid
the hotless sun
the lightless moon
the windless earth
the colourless sky :

"How much longer
will we suffer from hunger?
How much longer
will we suffer from thirst?"
-------------------------------
And when the lamb
opened the seventh seal,
silence covered the sky.
"...And once you're gone, you can't come back
When you're out of the blue and into the black."
Neil Young

good point! christianity's "golden rule" do unto others what you would have done unto you". wicca's "golden rule"- do what thou will, but harm no one. does any one see a common thread here?

I prefer Sonny Barger's take on the G.R.
"Treat me good, I'll treat you better.
Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse."

Make much more sense. There are some people that no matter how nice you are to them they will all ways treat you bad. Treat them accordingly.
Neil Young

are you toafraid tolook at the truth? probably so.

I read the Truth everyday:)

Do you fear reading what he has? Does ye think it might shake thou foundation? Even the most devout and religous theologians will read all they can. It is not productive to be so set that you leave no room for thought and expansion.
Neil Young

are you toafraid tolook at the truth? probably so.

I read the Truth everyday:)

Do you fear reading what he has? Does ye think it might shake thou foundation? Even the most devout and religous theologians will read all they can. It is not productive to be so set that you leave no room for thought and expansion.

I did read a lot of what hairyjuan recommended, and mostly I think it is just one man's opinion. NOTHING can shake my belief that the Word of God is the truth, and Jesus Christ is the way, the TRUTH, the life.
As I have said before, I have had such incredible experiences where God's presence and reminders of His love have affected me; I have seen proof in my own life, that He loves me, as well as He loves others.:)
Now, as far as other literature goes, the Davinci code, etc, there will always be people out there who claim the Bible is a book of lies. Knowing that the Bible is the absolute truth, an enemy would like to deceive as many as possible, with false theology and false teachings.

Do you see a huge mass of people out there trying to refute the teachings of other religions? I have not seen it, have you? Perhaps because there is no reason to.

Mother to the cutest little thing in the world...

What one believes may counter the belief of another. One is neither truer nor more false than the other if neither can be proven without doubt one way or the other. Christianity is no more true or false than is athieism. Christians cannot prove that there is a God as athiest cannot prove that there is not a God. Me?, i'm a taoist and not burdened with whether I will be rewarded or punished upon my death. One thing for certian, you will know or not know the truth upon your death. Either you will see a light or all will go dark and you will cease to be.
Neil Young

One thing for certian, you will know or not know the truth upon your death.

Right you are! EVERYONE will find out the truth when they die.

THE TRUTH!!!!!!
Neil Young

Verily, you are in great need. Haste ye and look unto the refrigerator. And lo thou shalt find that the Perrier has been transformed into wine. You only need to partake of this elixir to find the path to true enlightenment… So sally forth young searcher, let your cup runneth over and let your journey commence…….

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

I have ventured forth upon thou holy refrigerator and was revealed unto me a holy light from within. I knealt in reverance unto this holy light and reached within to feel a cool wetness upon my palms and withdrew from the holy light and was revealed unto me that my Perrier has been transformed into Mountian Dew the elixer of my choice. I forever shall deem the kitchen to be holy and the Refrigerator, God and will often make pilgrimage to this holy place whenever I am parch.
Neil Young

In Reply To
So the only defense the universe has against ending is that people are idiots?

That is kind of cool. Maybe idiots do have a purpose, after all. How funny would it be if we finally got rid of all the idiots, and then the world ended?

Brent

That's going a bit far.

I would never want to call a person an idiot for having a religious viewpoint or having a certain belief system. I might not agree with it, but that doesn't make the person an idiot.

That said, I do not understand some of the logic behind some of it.

Believe it or not, I kinda like the Bible. Has some very nice allegories in it. I just don't agree with the very first and very last parts of it because they do not make sense to me.

I beg to differ, there are plenty of religous nutcases out there from many religons.
and many of them are idiots!

People can believe what they want, but If you committ a percentage of your salary to your belief of a god in the hope of a slot in the ultimate ride to altitude. then you would have to be a compete Idiot. some religions it is compulsory.

1000's and 1000's of people do that, and thier priests etc. drive to church in a volvo or bmw(probably a hummer in the US), it is absolutely sickening.you wanna chech thier houses out too.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

I just read your attachment at the beginning of this thread. In it I found absolutely no facts. I read it in it's entirety, and read nothing but speculation. One man's mythical ramblings stating things as facts, but offers no facts. Is this the best you can do to offer proof? There is no proof there,.....no truth.

--------------------------------------------------
I am a greek midget