brianfry713

6/6/06, the end of the world?

Really people. Who gives a shit about Pope gregory and his calendar? Answer : Most of the world.

Actually that day would be the 11th day during the season of confusion which is the third season of the discordian calendar. THE ONE TRUE CALENDAR

Day of the week = Boomtime.

Year : 3172.

So really it's 11/03/72.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discordian_calendar

I'm surprised none of the Christians brought this up. In the Lord's prayer, given to us by Jesus Christ he says "Thy Kingdom come, Thy Will be done; on earth as it is in Heaven". This is a promise given to us, but it does not give a date or hour...just that it will be. Doesn't sound like the end of the world to me.

Chris

I thought the 'coming of the Lord' was supposed to be a good thing, not the disaster that you have appear to be predicting....

you religious types are so full of ......

I'm probably one of those 'religious types'. However, I see only optimism. I don't believe Jesus' 2nd coming is to destroy the world but rather restore it.

That should be something everyone would look forward to.

Chris

JESUS WAS NO MORE REAL THEN THAN THE MAN IN THE MOON IS TODAY, THE PROOF IS THERE, ALL ANYONE HAS TO DO IS PUT THEIR "BIBLE" DOWN AND LOOK. ANCIENT EGYTIAN RECORDS MAKE NO MENTION OF ISREALITES IN CAPTIVITY. 'ALLEGEDLY'
SUN(JESUS) SAID HE WOULD RETURN BEFORE THAT GENERATION HAD PASSED. YOU FOLKS ARE ABOUT 2000 YEAARS TOLATE. REVELATIOMIS PROVABLY 4000 YEARS OLD

I find it very interesting that there are MANY, many people out there who try and refute the Bible. Time and again, you hear all these different theories and stories about the "real truth" of the Bible. People don't seem to have peace; they have some kind of reason to try and make the Bible false, so they don't have to believe it.

I don't know about you, but I don't hear of many people who sit there and try and refute the claims of other religions. How many people try and make up stories about Buddha? How many different theories are out there, that try and claim Buddha never really lived, his followers are just a bunch of kooks?

Hmm, interesting, I don't really see many people attacking the teachings of other religions; I don't hear of any people that try and change the fundamental truths of that religion.
However, when it comes to Christianity, that's a different story. If people try and make the Bible a book of lies, in their mind they can have peace and "know" they won't ever have to stand before God at the end of their life.

I wonder why this could be?

Mother to the cutest little thing in the world...

I thought the 'coming of the Lord' was supposed to be a good thing, not the disaster that you have appear to be predicting....

you religious types are so full of ......

TK

When Jesus comes back for His followers, it WILL be a glorious day; however, for those who will be left behind, it WILL be a horrific time to live in.[:/]

If people try and make the Bible a book of lies, in their mind they can have peace and "know" they won't ever have to stand before God at the end of their life.

I don't think it has so much to do with worrying about standing before God as it does with not being willing to take "on faith" what doesn't agree with knowledge that humanity has gained over time.
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

How does the question of whether or not Jesus PHYSICALLY existed (of course, the question of his divinity is a matter of faith) refute makind's knowledge gained over time?

There is as much evidence of Jesus' existence as many other figures from ancient times, and yet you don't hear anyone else disputing the existence of Sargon, or Alexander the Great, or Lao Tsu, or Hannibal, or Pliny, or Prince Siddhartha aka the Buddha, or Aristotle.

Out of all the historical figures from ancient times, all of a sudden it is only Jesus' existence that people have to say, "Well, uh, uh, maybe there was never such a person at all....":S
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

some one who was NEVER born and absolutely, provably so, cannot ever come back. the "rapture" is an absurd story that gets people to do what nothing, when doing nothing is the source ofthe problem
we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively

wishers never choose, choosers never wish

proof has already been forwarded to you, young lady!that you not read or watched any of it is the only reason you ask me to prove to you a second time. why haven't you read all the information or taken me up on my offer to provide you with copies. i suggest that it is because you are to afraid ofthe truth. i ask you again, why do you denigrate the beautiful person you REALLY are by believing that you are a born-in-sin pile of ------ in need of salvation , when the truth of the matter is that you are a part perfection as you sit and read this.

mitakuye oyasin
we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively

wishers never choose, choosers never wish

666 is the number of the beast, not the day the world will end.Or Whatever.;)

Someone dies, someone says how stupid, someone says it was avoidable, someone says how to avoid it, someone calls them an idiot, someone proposes rule chan

I find it highly unusual when people spend so much time refuting that which they don't believe in.
If you don't believe it, that's your choice.

Why would people get so worked up, and spend so much time, arguing about something they don't believe exists?

BTW hairyjuan, I did read some of that link you sent me. It was an extremely long article, but I got the main ideas of it. Just because someone writes their opinion about what happened, doesn't make it true.;)

the bible is provably not credible, get over it so WE can ALL unite for the betterment of all humanity

I think the Bible is the only thing keeping people strong in this day and age. When people have no problem lying, beating their children, cheating on their spouse, having sex with animals, etc, how on earth is eliminating God's word, which goes against all the nasty things I mentioned above, do anyone any kind of good?

I am a better person as a result of reading the Word of God. I am more loving and more kind than I ever thought I could be. I am no where near the kind of person I desire to be, but God has changed me a lot.
I have experienced some very personal times where God revealed His presence to me in an awesome way.

I think the Bible is the only thing keeping people strong in this day and age.<<<

Windcatcher, Did I mention I'm Catholic. I'm 35 years old now, but when I was 11, and 12 I was an alter boy in the church.(NO I wasn't molisted). I spent 10 years going to Private schools. (Catholic). I finally got kick out at my own request, when I told the Vice Principal at this school I was forced to go to school here by my parents. I wanted to go to public school or I wanted to go to a co-ed school. Yeah that right The school I went to until I was a Junior was all boys.
I have a very religious upbringing. I am a good person and I try to treat others with respect no matter what their faith is.
I can tell you that the Holy Bible is a collection of works written my religious authors that was compiled by the church to convey the beliefs THEY want you to . THE BIBLE IS NOT A COMPLEAT WORK! :)It has a lot omitted from it. Blame the pope.
Hope this helps.

Someone dies, someone says how stupid, someone says it was avoidable, someone says how to avoid it, someone calls them an idiot, someone proposes rule chan

THE BIBLE IS NOT A COMPLEAT WORK! :)

Sometimes typos are more true than they were meant to be.

That's not a typo, it's just olde English. Haven't read much Chaucer, have you?

Like a bolt of light from the sky, a leap of logic we can all gape at. *gape*

First Class Citizen Twice Over