Swoopyswoop

Shooting in Seattle

What do you guys think about the shooting in Seattle at the party? The gunman comes in equipped with 3 guns and a baseball bat and opens fire on some partygoers. Eyewitness's said that during the shooting as people were running, he said "dont worry theres enough here for everyone. When confronted outside by the police he turned the gun on himself and took his own life.

Its instances like this that just feed the anti-gun community and really hurt the gun owning law abiding citizens. Its a shame really that these things happen and a tragedy to the familys that lost there loved ones. So much lost over one idiot, and so much more to lose by others just like him.

One good thing about the situation as sad as it is, at least he saved the taxpayers a huge amount of money by ending his own life so we dont have to feed him in prison or spend a small fortune on his trial. Sad but true.

"when I die, I want to go like my grandfather while im sleeping, not like the passengers riding in the car with me
Swoopster
A.S.S. #6 Future T.S.S holder

You really have to wonder what set this guy off.

He and his twin brother got involved in a bar fight according to the police back a year or so ago.

He shot up some statue in his hometown of Whitefish Montana and after paying his dues got the same guns back that he used for this heinous crime.

He went to an after hours rave party where he shot 4 guys ranging in age from 21 to 32 and two underage girls that were there for the night with their boyfirends 16 and 14 respectively.

What set him off... did someone turn down his advances.. was he ( at 28) socially inept and not one of the kewl rave kids.

Its the Capitol Hill area.... the Gay Ghetto of Seattle... was there some of that good old gay bashing thing going on....

No one really knows the motivation, but I think the brother knows more than he is saying... its a sad story all around.

You really have to wonder what set this guy off.

Oh amen to that,
and I think you are so correct sir when you say that his brother may know more than he is leading on. And again I feel you are correct when you say that his rejection amongst the ravers and being 28 may have sent him over the edge.

Dont you think somethings wrong if a 28 year old is so pathetic that he wants to party with 14-19 year old young men and women in the rave commuity? Its not like he was a mentor to them or something LOL. I wish he would have handled the situation a little differently but at least this clown is gone and no more worries from him.

"when I die, I want to go like my grandfather while im sleeping, not like the passengers riding in the car with me
Swoopster
A.S.S. #6 Future T.S.S holder

As a parent of two girls in the 17 - 21 age group, stories like this scare me. The older one is pretty wise to the ways of the world by now, but the younger one is more naieve. I've told her anytime she EVER sees a gun come out at a party, she is to leave immediately. Not the gun so much as the irresponsible and possibly loaded people handling it. I tell her to leave if she has to drop out a 2nd story window in the rain,jsut get out and call home, we'll be there to get her pronto. And any of her friends who bail out with her.

A nutcase like this though obviously calls for some creative escape & evasion. If it means going out a whatever story building and lying quietly on the ground with a broken leg biting one's lip until the cops show (and they sure will), then that's what it takes. And that's what I tell her.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

What do you guys think about the shooting in Seattle at the party? The gunman comes in equipped with 3 guns and a baseball bat and opens fire on some partygoers. Eyewitness's said that during the shooting as people were running, he said "dont worry theres enough here for everyone. When confronted outside by the police he turned the gun on himself and took his own life.

Its instances like this that just feed the anti-gun community and really hurt the gun owning law abiding citizens. Its a shame really that these things happen and a tragedy to the familys that lost there loved ones. So much lost over one idiot, and so much more to lose by others just like him.

One good thing about the situation as sad as it is, at least he saved the taxpayers a huge amount of money by ending his own life so we dont have to feed him in prison or spend a small fortune on his trial. Sad but true.

Is it normal for a guy who has a felony conviction, who decides to do something as rational as shoot up a statue at an art exhibit in his town, be allowed to own firearms? It's no wonder the anti gun lobby get fueled by this sort of behaviour - they have every right to be!

What sort of place decides an obviously mentally unstable person should STILL be allowed to own firearms? Everyone is saying "wow this is so unexpected, so out of character". Is it really? When was the last time you or someone you knew decided to go take their guns and shoot at a piece of art?:S

After this offence the guy should unequivocably NOT been allowed to own firearms.

"Skydiving is a door"
Happythoughts

Apolgies, it was not a felony crime, it was felony criminal mischief.

This explains a lot...

http://www.thestranger.com/seattle/Content?oid=31346

Even if the jails are bursting at the seams, it beggars the question - how can someone do something like indicate they are mentally unstable, shoot at a public art exhibition, plea bargain their way out of a more serious charge, and be allowed to own guns?
This sort of thing won't stop until law makers and the general public are made to realise it's not a given right to own a weapon, but a priviledge, i don't care what the 2nd Amendment says, thats well out of date and open to misinterpretation anyway.

Let the Brit bashing begin, you all know this sort of thing will not stop until the culture and law changes.

"Skydiving is a door"
Happythoughts

This sort of thing won't stop until law makers and the general public are made to realise it's not a given right to own a weapon, but a priviledge, i don't care what the 2nd Amendment says, thats well out of date and open to misinterpretation anyway.

sorry, sweeping aside RIGHTS because it seem convenient to you doesn't solve the problem. There's nothing out of date, or open to interpretation. Unless you have an agenda.

A punk kid in the boonies shooting a representation of a moose doesn't really sound off alarms for me. Misdomeanor conviction does seem appropriate. Nothing about the article you cite suggest mental instability.

My reply is attached below:

Welcome to the New World Order. Expect no Mercy.

Now you've done it...Amazon's gonna force worms and other shit down your throat...and while she's at it, how bout drinking some nasty ass ditch water:P Don't mess with her man!

When I go to boogies, I check the guest list to make sure she won't be there. I want to live a while longer . . . ;)

. . =(_8^(1)

Its instances like this that just feed the anti-gun community and really hurt the gun owning law abiding citizens.

Let's see if we can get this thread back on topic as it's obviously deteriorating into a series of carefully worded PAs between a few select people.

It's not the law abiding citizen and their interests in the recreational firearms that's worrisome. It's the easy access to weaponry that creates incidents like this (not all that different than what happen at Colombine). When mentally unstable people have easy access to guns and they decide to take their revenge against society, innocent people die. Sure in some cases guns can be used in self defense. But unless you're always packing and never let your guard down, your firearm will not protect you against someone who's already decided to take the initiative and attack first. Now I know some of you think that everyone should be carrying like they did in the wild west, but is that really the best way to go?. Two people who are packing and have a disagreement with each other are much more likely to resort to using their guns on each other than two people who aren't armed. If you think that there is nothing wrong with guns being every where in society, then you'll obviously need to not worry about this crime, past crimes and future crimes because as long as guns are readily available to the masses, they will be used to kill people ... as they were designed to do in the first place. Guns are a very efficient tool for killing living creatures.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Guns are a very efficient tool for killing living creatures.

Let me know when you plan your push for Congress to ban all cars, seeing as how they kill so many more people.

I mean, hell...if you're going to blame the tool and not the user of the tool, then by all means, let's start from the top down!
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Let me know when you plan your push for Congress

News flash ... my government does not have a congress.

if you're going to blame the tool and not the user of the tool

What part of "easy access to guns being a problem" do you not understand? But gun loving people like you do not see a problem in what happened in Seattle, so what do you care if some more innocent people die when the next nut case decides to take our their frustrations on society.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over