Kid_Icarus

Has the Government Ever told a lie?

Talking with some people on this forum, it seems no. It's not that I like to buy conspiracy theories, it's that I just don't believe some of the answers we the American People have been fed. I wonder why people in this situation of questioning are generally looked down upon, ridiculed and or written off. Just an observation.

Talking with some people on this forum, it seems no. It's not that I like to buy conspiracy theories, it's that I just don't believe some of the answers we the American People have been fed. I wonder why people in this situation of questioning are generally looked down upon, ridiculed and or written off. Just an observation.

Perhaps because the conspiracies they promote are so easily refuted with an elementary level of research, they are written off as ridiculous?

Just an observation.

No, absolutely not, impossible.

Governments do not lie, people lie - some more than others - politicians more than most.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

Politician = Liar

Bottom line All Gov. Lie to their people. There some things the general public should not know about. Every president has lied at one time or another. That is to be expected. He has to make decisions based on classified and unclassified information. Therefore he may have to lie to the general public to get them to support his decision without actually telling the real reasons behind his decisions.

Get over it.

The government does lie, and will do as they please unless the people act.
Just a reminder of what it means to be American.

When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. --That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it,

I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

The government does lie, and will do as they please unless the people act.
Just a reminder of what it means to be American.

When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. --That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it,

Are you suggesting the 2nd Amendment might have been written for more reasons than allowing people to hunt and self-protection. :o:o

> No, now lie down and take your medication.

Cut it out JP. Refute his statement if you like, but do not attack him.

Errr...wow. Umm maybe I should have added one of these....;)

Is sarcasm dead?
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

-60% of the colonial population were pro King before the American revolution
-It was many years after Galielo died (in prison) before people believed earth actually revolved around the sun.
-Jesus Christ was ridiculed, tortured and killed for going against the government.

If I turn out to be wrong, so be it. But the mental and moral condition of this country tells me I am probably not.

The best answer is that there isnt one. Everything in life is subjective, we like to think that the government, and ourselves are objective thinkers, but we arent, truth is subjective. I.E. at one time our government said (not quoting) hey, slavery is ok, they are inferior and it is our responsibility to control them otherwise they would reclessly destroy themselves. Is that true, i dont think so, people then did think so, what has changed since then other than the way we interpret the idea that all men are created equal. Truth is subjective, if you think what you are told is true, then it IS true, but true to YOU, not neccesarily the guy next to you.

As per conspiracies some are radicle and easily denounced, others are very feaseable and never truely confirmed or denied.

Do think that there are things that the general public should know, hell yes, honestly i think there are many things that we know too much about, causing us to aimlessly worry over trivial things. On the flip side i think there are somethings that are illigitimately covered up, we are told only partial truths so that we dont start snooping for the real answers.

If i were to say that i was omnipitant, i beleive that the government is lying to us in one way or another about everything, everything they say only contains half truths and whole lies, they want power and they know that if they told us everything we would be forced to alter or abolish them. I believe we are forcefed a nice facade of BS, and we self medicate oursleves with peace of mind that they know what they are doing, them is educated. Most of us blindly accept many lies as truth and walk blindly through our lives, when we should be questioning everything we are told. If we were truely smart we would revert to acting like little children, you know why they learn so much so fast, because they dont know what is true, they question everything untill they are able to formulate an answer for themselves, unfortunately somewhere along the way we were told to stop asking so many questions and just beleive what we are told, which undaubtedly we lead to our ineveitible demise. Think about that for a while.